Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

So you think if EJ Manuel was having a great camp that I would be in denial about it? I'M NOT OUT TO GET THE GUY, I JUST DON'T THINK HE'S VERY GOOD. Again, yes, he has had zero GREAT practices and I am not aware of a single reporter who wouldn't agree that EJ Manuel is third right now. You know, it is OK to invoke the phrase "everyone would agree" in situations sometimes when they are true. It is not hyperbole to say that everyone would agree that Wayne Gretzky is the best centre to ever play the game. It is not hyperbole to say that everyone would agree that it's not healthy to eat McDonald's on a regular basis. Similarly, yes, every media member would agree that EJ is third right now. Not hyperbole.

Sure you're not. Other people agree with you on that opinion, yet they don't feel the need to convince others of it ad nauseum. I think you're extremely disingenuous about it.

Have you ever heard of Chris Trapasso?

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think EJ Manuel is one of the better 3rd string QB's in the league. That's right, you heard it here first. When it's crunch time tonight and we are down by a point with seconds left and everyone is heading for the exits, I will be sticking around to see EJ lead us to victory vs guys that will be working at McDonalds this time next week. We might end up with one of the worst 1st string QB's but our 3rd string team is going to look legit!

I think EJ Manuel is one of the better 3rd string QB's in the league. That's right, you heard it here first. When it's crunch time tonight and we are down by a point with seconds left and everyone is heading for the exits, I will be sticking around to see EJ lead us to victory vs guys that will be working at McDonalds this time next week. We might end up with one of the worst 1st string QB's but our 3rd string team is going to look legit!

:lol:

I think EJ Manuel is one of the better 3rd string QB's in the league. That's right, you heard it here first. When it's crunch time tonight and we are down by a point with seconds left and everyone is heading for the exits, I will be sticking around to see EJ lead us to victory vs guys that will be working at Mc

:lol::thumbsup:

LOL. Freakinq AWESOME!!!!

i love this time of year!!!

WTF do media members' opinions (that's all they are) have to do with what's going to happen?

I don't understand what you're trying to say. All I have said is that he's third right now. I don't think that's going to change. You do, apparently? That's fine. I respect your opinion. I'm not sure what you're basing it on but I respect it. It's like religious people and their faith. Ben Carson thinks the world is only 6,000 years old. Well, what about science and carbon dating and fossils and what not? Nope, sorry, my faith. What about the fact that EJ Manuel wasn't very good in college, has continued to regress as a pro and is losing out to Cassel and Taylor as we speak? Nope, sorry, I think he's gonna be good. I respect your faith man, I really do.

I don't blame the Bills..... EJ really did looked the part of a NFL QB. Strong, Big, fast, good arm, smart, and mobile. You can be all of that and if you can not hit your targets... your useless to the team

He just could not put it all together. If he increased his accuracy by 10% he would be HOF worthy. But that is often the difference between HOF and a guy soon to be a high school football coach. Slim margins mean everything at the pro level. Like in baseball, if you can hit just one more pitch every 4th at bat your the greatest ever. Miss one hit every th at bat and you never see even AAA ball. Drop a extra couple of putts per round and your PGA.... miss those putts and no one has ever heard of you.

I get what you're saying in general, but the bolded statement is just a bit of a stretch, IMO

I don't understand what you're trying to say. All I have said is that he's third right now. I don't think that's going to change. You do, apparently? That's fine. I respect your opinion. I'm not sure what you're basing it on but I respect it. It's like religious people and their faith. Ben Carson thinks the world is only 6,000 years old. Well, what about science and carbon dating and fossils and what not? Nope, sorry, my faith. What about the fact that EJ Manuel wasn't very good in college, has continued to regress as a pro and is losing out to Cassel and Taylor as we speak? Nope, sorry, I think he's gonna be good. I respect your faith man, I really do.

He saying that regardless of what you are reading/observing, EJ could still be the starting QB since it's coming from the media's opinion and not from the coaching staff.

Edited by The Wiz

They still haven't even played 1 preseason game. Lots of things can happen. Cassel isn't blowing away his competition. He has just been perfectly mediocre with less ups and downs. I'm waiting to see what happens in the first 2 games before coming to any conclusions about the QB competition. Regardless of how things go over the rest of camp, I will still be very surprised of EJ is cut. It doesn't do them any good as far as the Cap is concerned and I'm not sure they'll go into the season with just 2 QBs. Unless EJ is horrendous in game action or Simms looks great in his opportunities to play, I think Cassel, Taylor and EJ will all be on the roster in some order on Day 1 of the season.

I get what you're saying in general, but the bolded statement is just a bit of a stretch, IMO

Actually it isn't. Would you believe the all time leader in completion % is only 66.2%. Minimum 1500 pass attempts and would you believe that there are only 35 players that are over 60%. Manuel sits at 58.6 with a little less than 500 attempts. If he were to average 68.6% he would go down as the most accurate qb in history!

I know everyone wants to know who will be the Qb yesterday. But honestly until the bullets fly and we play multiple pre season games we just won't know

We won't know even then. The only ones that will are Rex and Roman and I doubt they will tell us until they have to.

IF the offensive plan is really to run ball control and hand off and make the occasional pass to pick up a first down or throw a bomb when they aren't expecting it, EJ would be great at fulfilling that role.

I would offer up the Chicago game as a classic example. The run game was working. On the final drive when we needed a 3rd down completion he hit Mike Williams for the first down. He also hit Robert Woods on that drive as well. In that game he was 16 for 22 (72.7%). Rating of 91.7. Ran 6 times for 19 yards and a TD.

That's ball control and just what the doctor ordered for 2016 or at least that's the common perception.

When you play close games you also need to win late sometimes. EJ has shown he can be good at that too with late wins vs Chicago and Carolina. He brought us back to take the lead in his first game vs Patsies** but the defense gave up the lead in the final minute.

This TBD conventional wisdom that EJ "sucks" is ridiculous.

IF the offensive plan is really to run ball control and hand off and make the occasional pass to pick up a first down or throw a bomb when they aren't expecting it, EJ would be great at fulfilling that role.

I would offer up the Chicago game as a classic example. The run game was working. On the final drive when we needed a 3rd down completion he hit Mike Williams for the first down. He also hit Robert Woods on that drive as well. In that game he was 16 for 22 (72.7%). Rating of 91.7. Ran 6 times for 19 yards and a TD.

That's ball control and just what the doctor ordered for 2016 or at least that's the common perception.

When you play close games you also need to win late sometimes. EJ has shown he can be good at that too with late wins vs Chicago and Carolina. He brought us back to take the lead in his first game vs Patsies** but the defense gave up the lead in the final minute.

This TBD conventional wisdom that EJ "sucks" is ridiculous.

Well FYI: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/179816-bills-fans-drunkest-in-the-league/

I don't understand what you're going to say when EJ gets his opportunity in preseason with the 1's? I mean according to you we must take all reports from the media as gospel, right? So what happens when they report he's practicing with the ones? Are you going to return to this thread and announce, EJ IS FIRST. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT!

Edited by fridge