Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blitz Blog: EJ Manuel falls behind in #Bills QB derby ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/16/ej-manuel-falls-behind-in-qb-derby/

@mikerodak

Rex on if EJ will see 1st-tm reps again: “I’m not gonna paint myself in a corner. I’ve learned thru 6 years of experience never to say that"

I gotta tell you guys, I've officially got EJ fever. Watching him in that preseason game really had me doing a 180. Death to "Meh" Cassel. I saw all I needed to see from him last night. Hey Meh! You ever hear of throwing a ball more than 5 yards!?! It's like hello!?! I say we cut the guy and roll with the youth movement. EJ clearly dominated in the scrimmage (I know bills fan 4 life ran his passer rating from the scrimmage, what was it again??) and on Friday, he was nothing short of spectacular. Did you guys see how perfect that long ball was?? So I don't really care what the media elitists are saying about practice (we talkin' practice!) and why they all seem to have an anti-EJ bias/agenda is beyond me. All I know is on the two big stages, the kid has been dominant and lit the place up. Meanwhile, Meh has curled up into a little shell. The guy stinks! I want to personally apologize to many of you for not seeing the light a lot sooner. I turned my back on Bills nation and quite frankly, I wasn't being a good fan. You were right, I was wrong. Hey everyone needs a little slice of humble pie from time to time, right? Go Bills and more importantly, go EJ!!

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blitz Blog: EJ Manuel falls behind in #Bills QB derby ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/16/ej-manuel-falls-behind-in-qb-derby/

@mikerodak

Rex on if EJ will see 1st-tm reps again: Im not gonna paint myself in a corner. Ive learned thru 6 years of experience never to say that"

I'm at a complete loss here. The guy has a breakout performance on Friday and two days later, this!?! Anyway look who's reporting it. Mike Rod-"hack." Gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt. Either way, I'm beginning to rapidly lose faith in this coaching staff. You ever hear of letting a qb develop? We go with Cassel, we know exactly what we're getting. With EJ, the upside is- well, we don't even know! Could be Tannehill (now THAT'S how you let a qb develop- you let him play through the ups and downs) could be better! I wanna say EJ cruises past Tannehill though. No way Tannehill makes that throw that EJ made the other night. All he does is dink and dunk. We need that guy who can make that big throw down the field consistently and I think it's pretty clear EJ is that guy.

I'm at a complete loss here. The guy has a breakout performance on Friday and two days later, this!?! Anyway look who's reporting it. Mike Rod-"hack." Gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt. Either way, I'm beginning to rapidly lose faith in this coaching staff. You ever hear of letting a qb develop? We go with Cassel, we know exactly what we're getting. With EJ, the upside is- well, we don't even know! Could be Tannehill (now THAT'S how you let a qb develop- you let him play through the ups and downs) could be better! I wanna say EJ cruises past Tannehill though. No way Tannehill makes that throw that EJ made the other night. All he does is dink and dunk. We need that guy who can make that big throw down the field consistently and I think it's pretty clear EJ is that guy.

Should we get you a new set of Depends? I'm betting the one you have on is soiled.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The problem with the way it's played out so far is the coaches are pleased with Cassel and he did everything they wanted him to in the game. They know what they have with him. If TT plays well or reasonably well against the Browns, we are now getting into the all important third game. Chances are they will not play EJ with the ones in that case.

The only way I see EJ as the opening day starter is if TT plays poorly against the Browns, and EJ plays well with the threes. Don't predict that as a likely outcome. It was a very good sign for TT to come out strong today after his good showing. He's likely gaining confidence. Be interesting to see how he fares in the practices T-W.

As Bills fans we should certainly hope that TT is gaining confidence and will continue to improve. We should also hope, however, that EJ plays well Thursday. Worst case scenario is that it creates trade value or they keep him as insurance.

I agree Cassel is their fail safe, fallback option.

Should we get you a new set of Depends? I'm betting the one you have on is soiled.

Hey you're not too far off. I nearly crapped myself after seeing the kid play on Friday. If this coaching staff really goes with Meh, I might be done with this team for good. And I mean it. Hey Whaley, you talk about qb purgatory, you're putting yourself there! EJ is the only way out!

No! His career is over. Haven't you heard?

Yeah right!?! Haters gonna hate. Taylor Swift reminds us of that.

Hey you're not too far off. I nearly crapped myself after seeing the kid play on Friday. If this coaching staff really goes with Meh, I might be done with this team for good. And I mean it. Hey Whaley, you talk about qb purgatory, you're putting yourself there! EJ is the only way out!

Yeah right!?! Haters gonna hate. Taylor Swift reminds us of that.

:lol: Regardless of your sarcastic glee. Meh is still Meh and TT is unproven. Enjoy......today that is.

The way folks talk confuses me. EJ has practice squad eligibility, doesn't he? Why can't he be the #3?

No he doesn't

EJ was on the active roster for 6+ games in both 2013 and 2014, giving him 2 accrued seasons in the NFL. And therefore not eligible for the Practice Squad

It isn't about being a hater or apologist and which side won. At the end of the day, it's a loss for the Bills. As intrigued as most are with TT; the odds are that he won't be the answer. We all know that Meh isn't. Good news is is that the team has a ton of talent and as long as we can hit a few deep shots and a few medium's through the game we should be a pretty damn good team. Bad news is is that we have to most likely maneuver around in the draft to find a longer term answer at QB...

:lol: Regardless of your sarcastic glee. Meh is still Meh and TT is unproven. Enjoy......today that is.

The irony here is that I'm not being sarcastic at all. I took kind of a hard line anti-EJ stance and backed myself into a corner. Before I knew it I was saying stuff I didn't even believe just to maintain my anti-EJ persona. Truth of the matter is I've been trending this way for a while. Hey I didn't want to align myself with guys like bills fan 4 life but deep in my heart I knew he was right all along. But after Friday, I knew I had to come clean. Edited by metzelaars_lives