Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

The Bills might have "over-drafted" EJ but this is hindsight. Based on what other teams liked him (such as Chip Kelly and the Eagles) EJ would have been at worst a late 1st, early 2nd.

If the Bills had taken him with the first pick of the second round and he had never seen the field (which is what the plan should have been) there would be no argument.

Regardless, I agreed with the Bills taking EJ. We need to keep drafting QB's. Unfortunately there is no patience for drafting and developing anyone in Buffalo despite the fact that we NEED to do this. We are not getting a top 3 pick anytime soon.

Here's to EJ and the next development QB that will feel the wrath of Buffalo for not being Andrew Luck. I hate to say this but Tannehill would never have made it here either.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how anyone can really make the argument he was over drafted. They traded back, picked up an extra pick that turned into Alonzo who turned into Shady, and basically had to pick a QB in round one. Had they not taken a QB, Whaley would have been crucified more than he already is.

They would have taken Geno Smith instead, and everyone to a man in the EJ sucks camp would have been down with it.

There wasn't much to work with in Losman's case. Edwards had his bell rung in Arizona and was never the same afterwards.

Jury is still out on EJ but I'm leaning more towards poor draft evaluation resulting in a player drafted way higher than he should have been

Remember next QB taken was Geno, he sure as hell stinks worse than EJ. The other darling of that draft was Nassib but that might have been St Dougs darling.

Well obviously I was wrong. Here's to hoping they don't settle on Meh and they do the right thing, which is blatantly obvious to us and most of the posters on here and let the kid play. And when he has a bad game or two, you let him play through it! We got time here. I'd rather go 8-8 with EJ and see sine nice development by the end of the season than go 11-5 with Meh and play in some lousy playoff game against the Bengals or something. Besides even if we get to the playoffs, we all know that Meh can't win a playoff game. Time to think bigger people.

good, now we won't have to see you walk the plank :pirate:

again. preseason means little other than seeing how they play and overcome adverse conditions ie 2 straight botched snaps.

Remember next QB taken was Geno, he sure as hell stinks worse than EJ. The other darling of that draft was Nassib but that might have been St Dougs darling.

EJ's issue is consistency. He'll disappoint coaches and fans wherever he is until he can put it together on a more regular basis. He has the talent to be good.

Well obviously I was wrong. Here's to hoping they don't settle on Meh and they do the right thing, which is blatantly obvious to us and most of the posters on here and let the kid play. And when he has a bad game or two, you let him play through it! We got time here. I'd rather go 8-8 with EJ and see sine nice development by the end of the season than go 11-5 with Meh and play in some lousy playoff game against the Bengals or something. Besides even if we get to the playoffs, we all know that Meh can't win a playoff game. Time to think bigger people.

Think Bigger? playing Dalton and the Bengals is a sure win. I'll take it.

Agreed completely. No way to know what we have in EJ until they let the kid play. Geno, on the other hand- I think we can all agree that it's over for him. Sure he had shown a lot of improvement this offseason but I'll believe when I see it in a game.

Think Bigger? playing Dalton and the Bengals is a sure win. I'll take it.

Nah you can even have a playoff win. Meh aint winning the big one anyway. I'll allow EJ to develop for a few more years knowing there's a chance that by then, he might actually be better than Meh. Again, you've gotta look at the bigger picture. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Nah you can even have a playoff win. Meh aint winning the big one anyway. I'll allow EJ to develop for a few more years knowing there's a chance that by then, he might actually be better than Meh. Again, you've gotta look at the bigger picture.

:lol: Love it Metz, keep going! :lol:

Disagree completely. Kid had all the tools. If he came out a year earlier, he would've been the number one pick. Unfortunately this organization has no clue how to properly develop a qb. We gave him, what, 2 starts? If we remained patient with him and let him start for three years, who knows? Maybe he's our franchise qb today. But instead this inept organization ruined him just the same way they ruined Losman and Edwards and are about to do with Manuel.

Just like Matt Barkley. :sick:

I sure hope they'll enjoy going to war with Meh, and watching TT get busted up as much as they've enjoyed the mismanagement of EJ's career.

Have faith my friend. While "Moron" did everything in his power to ruin Manuel, I still think there's time for this coaching staff to see the light. If EJ comes out and dominates again on Thursday and Meh is Meh and we all know Taylor will probably get hurt if he keeps playing so recklessly- this thing is far from over.

whats really insane is a few here actually enjoy it. Look up.

Well, there's always going to be the faction that would rather be right than see the team win.

Nothing you can do about that.

The funny thing is that coming into the season most fans saw EJ as a guy that still had a chance, but it didn't look likely. Somehow, that gets missed by the select few fools out there that believe they're prescient for saying that a first round QB won't make it (wow, really going against the grain there! Not like 75% of them bomb out of the league).

Actually, nothing has really changed as far as EJ goes. He still has a chance in this league, but it doesn't look likely that he'll be a franchise guy.

The more I watch this competition the less sure I am as to what will happen at the start of the season. I have a sneaking suspicion that Rex and company are screwing with us. Yes, I THINK Meh is in the driver's seat...but I also think that Rex has a history of trying to hide who he wants as a starter. I listen to WFAN from time to time and I remember that a year or two ago the NY media was annoyed that Rex seemed to prize hiding who his starter was over actually preparing the eventual starter by giving him more reps. So, while I agree it SEEMS EJ is fading from the picture...I have this nagging feeling we are being played. It will be interesting to see if EJ gets his turn to start in the third game. Also, I think Rex and company are more comfortable with their quarterback situation than we suspect. Rex loves to defend his players and particularly quarterbacks (remember the Sanchez tattoo) but has almost been bashing the qbs on this team....but maybe that means he thinks they won't need defending? Or maybe this is one of the things he learned from his time with the Jets. I just don't know.

The more I watch this competition the less sure I am as to what will happen at the start of the season. I have a sneaking suspicion that Rex and company are screwing with us. Yes, I THINK Meh is in the driver's seat...but I also think that Rex has a history of trying to hide who he wants as a starter. I listen to WFAN from time to time and I remember that a year or two ago the NY media was annoyed that Rex seemed to prize hiding who his starter was over actually preparing the eventual starter by giving him more reps. So, while I agree it SEEMS EJ is fading from the picture...I have this nagging feeling we are being played. It will be interesting to see if EJ gets his turn to start in the third game. Also, I think Rex and company are more comfortable with their quarterback situation than we suspect. Rex loves to defend his players and particularly quarterbacks (remember the Sanchez tattoo) but has almost been bashing the qbs on this team....but maybe that means he thinks they won't need defending? Or maybe this is one of the things he learned from his time with the Jets. I just don't know.

It's down to what Tyrod does this week in practice and in the game on Thursday IMO. If he shines, the job is his. If he struggles, it's still up for grabs.