Bills training camp practice 8/11

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Great hands catch by Woods in end zone w/Gilmore blanketing him. EJ stuck ball in tight spot, Woods made play. #Bills

2. 7-7 red zone work: EJ fires a bullet to back of end zone where Robert Woods beats Gilmore for TD. Coverage was tight. Throw was great.

JoeB and Rodak missed this play I guess.

Haha. EJ has the best scrimmage and Taylor has the 2nd best. So of course Matt Cassel gets the most reps with the 1s. Has there been one time where Taylor and EJ got to split 1 reps? How is that a fair competition?

No one loves mediocrity like the Bills.

Cassel will be playing with the 1s in a few days so makes sense to me

Haha. EJ has the best scrimmage and Taylor has the 2nd best. So of course Matt Cassel gets the most reps with the 1s. Has there been one time where Taylor and EJ got to split 1 reps? How is that a fair competition?

Several reasons. The scrimmage wasnt the entire body of work. They split time with the ones a lot in camp leading up to today. Cassel had the best day yesterday and is starting the preseason game.

Cassel is starting against the Panthers, should he not get to work with the 1's this week?

I think its a game planning thing. He's getting the start this week; he should get the reps. It gives him a chance to show his planning abilities.

Sounds to me like they are getting Cassel more time with the 1's in preparation for Carolina. Seems like Taylor will be 2nd in. The real test would be how they prepare for the Browns and Steelers.

Several reasons. The scrimmage wasnt the entire body of work. They split time with the ones a lot in camp leading up to today. Cassel had the best day yesterday and is starting the preseason game.

Or could just be getting him better prepared for the first preseason game that he is the starter for.

No, it's a clear conspiracy against EJ.

So we should base who gets to start with the 1's based on how they played the day before?

@mikerodak

Bills in their final 11-on-11 period. Cassel got first 6 reps with first team, then Taylor for 6 reps. Now back to Cassel. No Manuel.

This is ridiculous. In almost every practice Cassell has seen time with the ones and then either Taylor or Manuel will see time with the ones. The next day it switches.

Rex said that the scrimmage and the games will play a big part of the QB decision process. Manuel started the scrimmage. Cassell is going to start the first preseason game, and then Rex has already said that either Taylor or EJ would start the second.

Fact....guarantee...I do not think these words mean what you think they mean

Come on now.. You've been watching this guy for as long as I have. It is pretty much fact and it is pretty much guaranteed. I have supported him but this is year 3 and he shows no signs of consistency

There is a slim chance he fixes this, But I'm betting the entire farm and saying it never happens. He may be serviceable but he will always be maddening inconsistent and inaccurate.

According to Sal C on WGR this morning, EJ Manuel has no chance of starting because of yesterday's practice. So there it is folks, the QB competition is officially over, according to WGR.

I have not heard Sal C say that at any time. Sal's been pretty clear in reporting the inconsistencies in EJ's practices but not once has Sal been heard to say that any one of the three is out of contention. I think Sal said that we are getting close to the time when the decision will be made.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports

Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin just collided across the middle. Harvin got the worst of it. Got checked out. Appears ok.

Not surprised Harvin got the worst of it. Physics wins again. Sammy can flat out truck people. Ask Ryan Shazier. Add in his blocking skills and Sammy is a B word to play against. He's gonna piss off many DBs and LBs before it's over.

GO BILLS!!!

This is ridiculous. In almost every practice Cassell has seen time with the ones and then either Taylor or Manuel will see time with the ones. The next day it switches.

Rex said that the scrimmage and the games will play a big part of the QB decision process. Manuel started the scrimmage. Cassell is going to start the first preseason game, and then Rex has already said that either Taylor or EJ would start the second.

The story must be woven a certain way. Forget the rotation! :lol:

Don't read too much into it at this point. It's not a surprise Cassell is gonna get more reps this week given he will be with the ones on Friday. Look for next week to be different, unless Cassell really cements his job and the others crap the bed big time. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

GO BILLS!!!

I have not heard Sal C say that at any time. Sal's been pretty clear in reporting the inconsistencies in EJ's practices but not once has Sal been heard to say that any one of the three is out of contention. I think Sal said that we are getting close to the time when the decision will be made.

Well then you weren't listening this morning, and I quote Sal:

"We are getting to the point where EJ isn't an option for week 1"

Otherwise known as EJ is out of the competition, in his eyes. He said it.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 14m14 minutes ago

#Bills QB rep count in team drills today: Cassel: 29 Taylor: 23 Manuel: 18 Manuel was with the third team almost exclusively

WGRZ retweeted

Rex Ryan says Richie Incognito didn't practice today because His ankle swelled yesterday at practice. Maybe out for a few days @WGRZ

Adam Benigni @AdamBenigni now10 seconds ago

#Bills Ryan: Dareus got "rolled up on"near the end of pratice. Doesn't think it's serious.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports

Tyrod will "probably" be the second QB Friday Rex says. But follows up with "you guys want to?" So who knows?!

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We're going to look at the quarterbacks over a two-game stretch

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said he expects the QB competition to go through at least two preseason games.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Don't read too much into it at this point. It's not a surprise Cassell is gonna get more reps this week given he will be with the ones on Friday. Look for next week to be different, unless Cassell really cements his job and the others crap the bed big time. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes you will

I guess but isn't the whole competition the big picture. What qb won't benefit from more reps with the 1s. Cassel has had by far the most reps, and minus one practice, has never excelled.

Well then you weren't listening this morning, and I quote Sal:

"We are getting to the point where EJ isn't an option for week 1"

Otherwise known as EJ is out of the competition, in his eyes. He said it.

I don't read it that way at all...