Bills training camp practice 8/11

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's strange how one good day from Cassel wipes out four straight dreadful practices and one bad practice from EJ wipes out three straight good ones.

Again, I'm going to say it: Tyrod has been the one with the fewest bad days. I want EJ to win, but let's not pretend that Cassel has been consistently good.

I guess this issue with EJ is the fact you can guarantee he is going to return to inconsistency and inaccuracy.

But i agree about Cassel. I want to see him produce with consistency and move the ball nicely friday before I'm jumping on that bandwagon

I agree Tyrod probably the most consistent overall. But IMO hasn't been good enough either. So we are still in QB Limbo

Edited by shibuya

It's strange how one good day from Cassel wipes out four straight dreadful practices and one bad practice from EJ wipes out three straight good ones.

Again, I'm going to say it: Tyrod has been the one with the fewest bad days. I want EJ to win, but let's not pretend that Cassel has been consistently good.

That's where I'm at... I'm just confused by the reporting. To the point where I keep intending to completely tune out, but then I come back looking for more. :mellow:

That's where I'm at... I'm just confused by the reporting. To the point where I keep intending to completely tune out, but then I come back looking for more. :mellow:

I was playing a game at camp yesterday to see what the media would put out on bad plays by any player. It really is just click bait. The longer we don't have a starter named the more they are going to continually push conflicting reports out.

I was playing a game at camp yesterday to see what the media would put out on bad plays by any player. It really is just click bait. The longer we don't have a starter named the more they are going to continually push conflicting reports out.

In the end the media (especially the oft-shunned Buffalo media) knows about as much as we do. They have their bias and their speculation and they don't know any more or less than Astro.

In the end the media (especially the oft-shunned Buffalo media) knows about as much as we do. They have their bias and their speculation and they don't know any more or less than Astro.

Does Astro have off the record conversations with players, coaches, GMs & agents?

Bias and speculation aren't really something that should be part of reporting facts which is why most of us wait for Astro because he has an unbiased view on things going on.

And it doesn't help that Joe B and Rodak's combined age doesn't surpass half the people on these boards

If you put the wonder twins together, you get Sully.

I have no idea. But i'll answer your question with questions: Does the Buffalo media? Haven't they been scooped time and again by national guys? Hasn't access to both the Bills/Sabres been a problem for them?

Makes you wonder why they talk to the national media and not the local media doesn't it?

Bias and speculation aren't really something that should be part of reporting facts which is why most of us wait for Astro because he has an unbiased view on things going on.

I am not sure that's 100% true. I thought he let on that he hopes EJ wins the battle. He comes off as unbiased but the fact is he report 8-11 yesterday but every other reporter as camp had EJ reporting between 2 and 4 receptions only. Plus there was 2-3 interceptions that he threw but the only one astro reported was the one mistake by the receiver. So I am sensing a little bias, intended or not.

I am not sure that's 100% true. I thought he let on that he hopes EJ wins the battle. He comes off as unbiased but the fact is he report 8-11 yesterday but every other reporter as camp had EJ reporting between 2 and 4 receptions only. Plus there was 2-3 interceptions that he threw but the only one astro reported was the one mistake by the receiver. So I am sensing a little bias, intended or not.

I read that and I'm wondering if he's including "drops" as receptions, from a pure EJ performance/accuracy standpoint I understand, but it's misleading.

I read that and I'm wondering if he's including "drops" as receptions, from a pure EJ performance/accuracy standpoint I understand, but it's misleading.

Either that or he had his grand kids keeping tally

I have no idea. But i'll answer your question with questions: Does the Buffalo media? Haven't they been scooped time and again by national guys? Hasn't access to both the Bills/Sabres been a problem for them?

You may not have an idea, but if you were to guess, you'd say that a fan has far less access to the team than a beat reporter. There's also a lot of difference in the level of access across the pool, with longer tenured guys having greater relationships and feeds. Just because the team won't spoon feed the local guys the big story doesn't lead to the opposite being true - that the average Joe has the same level of access.

The reason the national reporters get bigger scoops is because they get the news from the agents, who often represent both the player and the reporter. Schefter is represented by the largest talent agency, so it's not a coincidence they feed him the story first.

It's also strange how most were pointing to the scrimmage as the thing that was going to separate them. Now it's the practice after the scrimmage that is the most important?

All these guys are performing on about an even level in practices with perhaps Cassel being at the bottom more than the other guys. The pre-season games will determine the starter. If Tyrod or EJ light it up in multiple games and play consistent football then the one who does that will be the starter and nobody will remember one Monday practice.

I can probably clarify some of that. I also only saw him throw 1 pick yesterday. I didn't stay too late so he might have had others (I left when they started doing punt returns).

As for the 8-11, he mentioned that he would have been sacked on 4 consecutive plays. I believe the completions are still completions in his report even though he would have been sacked. Also don't know about WR drops. In that case, he would have been 3 or 4-11.

As for the mistake by the receiver, I was sitting right in from of the play and Lewis did a stop and go and EJ put the ball where a comeback would have been. Also Rex said the receiver ran the wrong route so I don't know what he would gain by lying about it.

Something also not conveyed by the media is EJ was running with the 3s against the 1s while Cassel was running with the 1s against the 3s. So EJ had a bad practice against the 1s and Cassel had a good/great practice against the 3s.

Edited by The Wiz

Either that or he had his grand kids keeping tally

I just loved that you quoted and answered yourself...

wonder how many others "noticed" that too..