Bills training camp practice 8/11

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for real??? I am so confused at the almost exact opposite reports some of our own are reporting from camp as opposed to what the media is reporting, for instance i think one of the media guys gave Manuel's stats as 2-11, Astro said 8-11 or something like that....how can they be so different reporting from the same place?

According to Sal C on WGR this morning, EJ Manuel has no chance of starting because of yesterday's practice. So there it is folks, the QB competition is officially over, according to WGR.

According to Sal C on WGR this morning, EJ Manuel has no chance of starting because of yesterday's practice. So there it is folks, the QB competition is officially over, according to WGR.

I heard the same this this AM...I think there's no question EJ may not win this job...Everyone knows that...But these kind of reports are just killing me...Rex addressed EJ's day in his presser...It's just mind-boggling to me that at this point of camp, before a single pre-season game, anyone can assume that one bad practice would disqualify anyone...Good grief...What the hell did EJ do to these guys? :rolleyes:

Edited by KOKBILLS

I heard the same this this AM...I think there's no question EJ may not win this job...Everyone knows that...But these kind of reports are just killing me...Rex addressed EJ's day in his presser...It's just mind-boggling to me that at this point of camp, before a single pre-season game, anyone can assume that one bad practice would disqualify anyone...Good grief...What the hell did EJ do to these guys? :rolleyes:

He was drafted in the first round. That's about what it comes down to for them. That and he's a QB. Think of how critical reports have been in the past about the first rounders. That's pretty much all they put their stock in. "He was a first round pick, he should be good"

for real??? I am so confused at the almost exact opposite reports some of our own are reporting from camp as opposed to what the media is reporting, for instance i think one of the media guys gave Manuel's stats as 2-11, Astro said 8-11 or something like that....how can they be so different reporting from the same place?

A lot of folks are blaming this Joe B person, but looking at other tweets from folks like Tyler Dunne, etc... EJ had more than 3 incompletes. Where the answer is, I don't know. But he bobbled at least two snaps yesterday also, which seems to be a pretty common theme for him this year. Did his hands shrink during the off-season?

Cassel seemed to have a good day, but from reading through multiple blogs, etc... sure seems like Taylor overall seems to be making the least mistakes with the ball. Maybe a little quick to go off his reads and run, but that's better than 3 and outs or turning over the ball with muffed snaps, interceptions, etc... Everyone wants to also blame the one interception on the receiver running the wrong route, but EJ had multiple interceptions thrown yesterday (maybe that's why Astro has 8 completions 6 to the Bills defensive players???). Right now from reading multiple reports, blogs, etc... the leaning has to be Cassel or Taylor starting with EJ the most inconsistent and while having the best day some days like Saturdays scrimmage he also has been on the bottom of the heep a lot.

It's strange how one good day from Cassel wipes out four straight dreadful practices and one bad practice from EJ wipes out three straight good ones.

Again, I'm going to say it: Tyrod has been the one with the fewest bad days. I want EJ to win, but let's not pretend that Cassel has been consistently good.

He was drafted in the first round. That's about what it comes down to for them. That and he's a QB. Think of how critical reports have been in the past about the first rounders. That's pretty much all they put their stock in. "He was a first round pick, he should be infallible"

and the second coming of Jim Kelly.

and the second coming of Jim Kelly.

Pretty much anyone who is drafted at qb needs to be Jim Kelly or better to please the masses.

Or as Daryl Bobby would say "If you're not first, you're last"

Edited by The Wiz

...What the hell did EJ do to these guys? :rolleyes:

My guess is that he hasn't shown enough improvement for them to believe that he will get better over time.

I don't think that the entire Bills beat crew is unified in their opinion because of a personal stake against EJ. I think what they see on the field and the echos they hear in the SJF walls flavor a lot of their opinions.