Bills Sign Nickell Robey to Contract Extension

@ChrisBrownBills

CB Nickell Robey locked up w/multi yr extension this AM. Would've been RFA after season. Robey comments at http://Buffalobills.com

#Bills

Bills lock up Nickell Robey with extension

Entering the last year of his rookie contract the Bills signed nickel corner Nickell Robey to an extension.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Robey said to Whaley & Terry Pegula

When you’re an undrafted rookie, as Nickell Robey was in 2013, you take nothing for granted in the NFL… ever. That’s why the third-year cornerback was so appreciative to reach an agreement on his second NFL contract with Buffalo Sunday. And Robey made sure to speak personally with GM Doug Whaley and owner Terry Pegula when it appeared his extension was complete.

“Saturday I talked to Doug (Whaley) and I thanked him for the opportunity,” Robey told Buffalobills.com. “I talked to Terry Pegula and thanked him for the opportunity to continue to come out here and continue showcase my talent.

He's so dangerous against screens because he is quick to identify the play, and once he does,he closes so fast and beats the blocks before they are even set up. His speed once he commits is nothing short of amazing.

How many corners have done that?

In the past decade? Zero.

Best query I could run without doing more than three laps around the internet shows that among defensive backs, nobody has tallied more than 8 in the past 10 years.

Adrian Wilson: 8 (2005)

Roman Harper: 7.5 (2011)

Otherwise, among defensive backs, it's exceedingly rare for a player to eclipse 3.5.

That was the league best in 2013 (among those tied was Searcy), and in that season, Robey came in at 3.

I stand by my bold prediction. :blush:

Edited by The Big Cat

And I'll beat up marrone on a lot but I'll give credit that I think this was his guy, right?

Donnie Henderson called Robey a couple times during the draft and said the Bills like you a lot and may be drafting you, and then right after the draft called him and convinced him to sign the UDFA contract after talking about what they envision he can do. Robey loved what he heard from Henderson and signed with the Bills.