Bills Sign Nickell Robey to Contract Extension

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear! Add this to the list of homegrown players the Bills have re-signed.

If I calculate correctly, one Gilmore and Dareus get re-signed this year, that means we'll have every starter on Defense under contract for at least the next 3 years. Pretty good work, imo.

A young, aggressive backfield of Gilmore/Darby/Robey/A Williams/D Williams looks pretty nice.

Edited by DrDareustein

Robey is an absolute ninja on the blitz. He'll get some sacks. Also, Robey might score TDs before our offense does. Already pick sixed Tannenhill and didn't he recover Johnny Football's fumble for a TD before they tuck ruled us?

Edited by mountainwampus

Great to hear! Add this to the list of homegrown players the Bills have re-signed.

If I calculate correctly, one Gilmore and Dareus get re-signed this year, that means we'll have every starter on Defense under contract for at least the next 3 years. Pretty good work, imo.

A young, aggressive backfield of Gilmore/Darby/Robey/A Williams/D Williams looks pretty nice.

Bradham.

I love the signing. I think that Rex and Thurman instantly saw the talent and instincts of Robey as a press corner. I have nothing but respect for what Schwartz did with our defense last year, but one of the guys that was ill-suited to it was Robey. He's going to shine this year. Excellent move by Whaley signing him now.

Bradham.

I love the signing. I think that Rex and Thurman instantly saw the talent and instincts of Robey as a press corner. I have nothing but respect for what Schwartz did with our defense last year, but one of the guys that was ill-suited to it was Robey. He's going to shine this year. Excellent move by Whaley signing him now.

Yeah, I just came back here to say I forgot Bradham. Im assuming (hoping) that gets done soon too.

As an RFA he had 2 cheap years left. I'm curious to see the numbers. He's a good role player and likely not pricey.

If he has a breaks out this year, doesn't he become not cheap? As in some other team would offer him good money and we would have to match. As corners (including nickel corners) are hard to find I would expect him to get a decent offer, at least from Pettine and the Browns.

If he has a breaks out this year, doesn't he become not cheap? As in some other team would offer him good money and we would have to match. As corners (including nickel corners) are hard to find I would expect him to get a decent offer, at least from Pettine and the Browns.

We could tender him respectably (2m is still cheap for a corner) and get a pick back if we lost him.

RFA situations aren't much of a worry.

I'm mildly shocked by this as thought Robey would be battling for a roster spot this year with the addition of Darby. Yet it might be a sign that McKelvin's long term status with the team is in doubt.

Robey is going to play in the slot, he won't be on the boundary. It sounds like Darby will be on the boundary (as will Leodis when he is back). They really play two different positions despite both being CBs. This is just a strong move by the front office to retain talent. Robey has the best ball instincts on the team in my opinion and was never in danger of not making this year's roster. Guy is a baller.

Robey is going to play in the slot, he won't be on the boundary. It sounds like Darby will be on the boundary (as will Leodis when he is back). They really play two different positions despite both being CBs. This is just a strong move by the front office to retain talent. Robey has the best ball instincts on the team in my opinion and was never in danger of not making this year's roster. Guy is a baller.

Yeah just hope teams don't put their best WR or a tall guy in the slot or than Roby is a liability. Yet with most teams putting quicker/shorter WRs (Welker typeds) than Robey should be fine all though he did struggle at times last year.

Now sign Bradham and Glenn to manageable deals. Then give Dareus a contract equal to Suh + 1% money.

Glenn and Bradham are going to be hard signs IMHO. As Glenn has been good since being drafted is coming off an injury and struggled a bit last year. I expect he's going to be wanting top 15 money, and while he deserves it, it's hard to give him that type of deal as think Dareus is going to cost a ton to re-sign which may lead to Glenn and Bradham leaving after this offseason. Bradham might be our most complete LB yet it's hard giving him money as let's not forget Gilmore is going to be looking for a big contract in a year or two too and to me you keep the CB over the LB every time.

Good to see him locked up for a little while longer, but I'm curious to see the contract.

Me too! But I feel pretty good that its mutually beneficial!

+1

I think he's flying a little under the radar for other teams atm . . . but not for long!

Glenn and Bradham are going to be hard signs IMHO. As Glenn has been good since being drafted is coming off an injury and struggled a bit last year. I expect he's going to be wanting top 15 money, and while he deserves it, it's hard to give him that type of deal as think Dareus is going to cost a ton to re-sign which may lead to Glenn and Bradham leaving after this offseason. Bradham might be our most complete LB yet it's hard giving him money as let's not forget Gilmore is going to be looking for a big contract in a year or two too and to me you keep the CB over the LB every time.

I'm a big Bradham fan and hope they find a way to keep him but I think that distinction goes to Brown. He's young, but he does everything well. Just look at how much praise he's gotten from Rex and staff since OTA's.

Either way, it's nice that we have both.

Might as well add this beauty to the thread. Robey is going to continue to give Tannehill nightmares for years to come.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27410-1386181959-21

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I'm a big Bradham fan and hope they find a way to keep him but I think that distinction goes to Brown. He's young, but he does everything well. Just look at how much praise he's gotten from Rex and staff since OTA's.

Either way, it's nice that we have both.

Might as well add this beauty to the thread. Robey is going to continue to give Tannehill nightmares for years to come.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27410-1386181959-21

right? At least EJ's nightmare is the baddest player in the league. Tanny's was a rookie udfa.

I think Robey also sacked him twice the next time we played them that season and shut him out.