Arian Foster says "I don't believe in God"

ESPN: Arian Foster Opens Up about his Beliefs (4:37)

LIFE'S BIGGEST QUESTIONS are leading me through a narrow street in a stately Houston neighborhood, where haunting piles of home furnishings-cabinets, carpet, curtains-lie on the north side of the street in mud-streaked abandon. Meanwhile, the south side, unharmed by the torrential rain, looks as if it took up arms and ravaged the other. The difference is so stark, so precise, that some might be tempted to invoke divine intervention.

And if a just God intervened to spare the folks on the south side, why would he beget fires-of-hell vengeance upon those who happened to purchase a home on the other side of the street, where the floodwaters flowed over the curb, across the lawns and through living rooms and kitchens?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't it? Football and religion are closely intertwined and he's going against the grain. It's interesting to me and if it isn't for you.....So be it!

It's irrelevant to this board first and anyone who wants to bring religion into the place and space we come to avoid real world issues is a fool or worse a missionary. Second, the only thing "closely intertwined" is that religion is a fantasy and you can play fantasy football.

When you prove God exists, I'll start listening.

Oh, look! Everyone saying there is going to be something fun. That someone will praise their religious and stomp on someone's beliefs. Maybe someone will say something blasphemous.

But, sorry to disappoint ya'll that's not happening. That's because as much as you like it, guys who are firmly embedded with their beliefs - pro religious or not - won't bother wasting time.

All that can be said and there is no way to disagree with it; kudos for him for his beliefs, and so what?

Oh, look! Everyone saying there is going to be something fun. That someone will praise their religious and stomp on someone's beliefs. Maybe someone will say something blasphemous.

But, sorry to disappoint ya'll that's not happening. That's because as much as you like it, guys who are firmly embedded with their beliefs - pro religious or not - won't bother wasting time.

All that can be said and there is no way to disagree with it; kudos for him for his beliefs, and so what?

Three words summarize his diatribe:

Me, me, me.

Well I gotta say something about this, don't I?

God's existence isn't dependent on people believing he does or doesn't - that's not the point of why we decide.

There's something we can all agree on - God either does exist or he doesn't - that has to be true.

The questions that one has to ask themselves are; If he does exist and I don't believe it, what's the result? If he doesn't exist and I believe he does, what's the result?

Edited by Triple Threat

It's irrelevant to this board first and anyone who wants to bring religion into the place and space we come to avoid real world issues is a fool or worse a missionary. Second, the only thing "closely intertwined" is that religion is a fantasy and you can play fantasy football.

When you prove God exists, I'll start listening.

Ancient Aliens on H2...