Ted Black out: Russ Brandon to head Sabres and Bills

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old Russ. Buffalo is lucky to have him.

(Totally serious, dude is great at what he does).

This is true. He's under appriciated because he makes terrible on field (hopefully not on ice) decisions. But he's one of the reasons we've stayed viable in such a small market with a mediocre at best team.

This is true. He's under appriciated because he makes terrible on field (hopefully not on ice) decisions. But he's one of the reasons we've stayed viable in such a small market with a mediocre at best team.

It was unfortunate that he was ever put in the position that saw him assume those responsibilities. It seems like, from the outside, he did it because Ralph asked.

He seems to be a fundamentally good man with a commitment to WNY. Some may not have stayed the course given the circumstances.

Can Russ Brandon be the president of both the Bills AND Sabres?

Actually, I wonder if the PSE had to clear this with the NFL first. Thought I read during the sale NFL really really frowns on this type of arrangement. Might have just been they do not want any cross marketing etc, but be interesting to hear Russ on GR this afternoon.

Actually, I wonder if the PSE had to clear this with the NFL first. Thought I read during the sale NFL really really frowns on this type of arrangement. Might have just been they do not want any cross marketing etc, but be interesting to hear Russ on GR this afternoon.

mickey Loomis heads up both Pelicans and Saints I believe

+1

I get the sense that he genuinely bleeds Buffalo and that there was nothing fake about his affection for Ralph.

This looks like a smart business move by the Pegulas and would have to mean that Russ is being moved even further away from any decisions related to football ops.

Except like 5x better. Loomis is kind of an idiot

Does he run both Kirby? Same setup with a PSE type organization?

And Loomis is GM right ...does he run business side of both though?

Edited by plenzmd1