Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

Rudderless might be a bit much for having an interim position coach for a few weeks pending investigation

Maybe a bit strong, but the OLine is (other than QB, obviously), clearly the biggest question mark on the team. If it were some other postition group I'd probably be much less concerned. I've been firmly in the wait and see camp, but it seems like they know enough based on the tone of things coming out. But what do I know? Maybe that's just me being tired of trying to read into things. If the FO knows enough to act with confidence, I trust their judgment. Let's have a plan and act if that's the case.

In other words.... I'm sick of this!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that a position coach isn't the biggest deal, but he was a guy we had big expectations of with respect to the position group we need improvement from most (outside of QB). I'll just be really disappointed if the FO makes a move like this that compromises winning for the sake of PR.

And let's be honest, as far as PR hits go this is pretty minor. Only the most self-righteous of moralizers are going to give a !@#$ about this story once the season starts.

I realize that a position coach isn't the biggest deal, but he was a guy we had big expectations of with respect to the position group we need improvement from most (outside of QB). I'll just be really disappointed if the FO makes a move like this that compromises winning for the sake of PR.

And let's be honest, as far as PR hits go this is pretty minor. Only the most self-righteous of moralizers are going to give a !@#$ about this story once the season starts.

Exactly. I don't think they should fire him at all, and they may not.

This.

It may have been fluff, but it stings a little reading about players really liking how he coached and the great things he was doing. It takes away some of the hope that our O line will look halfway decent this year. I really hope they just put it out there and say "We are putting Kromer on a probationary period. If he gets into any further trouble with the law then we will terminate his contract". I think that is reasonable. I am fairly confident he isn't some raging psycho who goes around punching random people, and he is at a minimal risk of doing something like this again.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm with ya.

Yeah, who cares if we have a coach who thinks its okay to punch kids in the face and ( allegedly ) threaten to kill their families because of a few chairs. As long as he can help us win, that's the important thing.

Roberts domicile is correct

Yeah, who cares if we have a coach who thinks its okay to punch kids in the face and ( allegedly ) threaten to kill their families because of a few chairs. As long as he can help us win, that's the important thing.

you're so silly.

I know this is either trolling or a never ending circular argument, but it is absurd if you really believe that retaining a player/coach/staff member who did something wrong somehow devalues our ethics. Explain why?

Penalize him? Sure. That's what the courts would do, and probably the NFL if we kept him. Disavowing the guy, and pretending he didn't work for us because we are a pristine organization full of people who do no wrong is so far fetched though. The guy is neither the devil or a psycho, he obviously had some issue with these kids, and something went wrong. Tempers were heated and people were likely arguing. Saying he is "ok" with going around punching children in the face, is simply ridiculous.

God forbid you ever make a mistake and people call for your head. I am sure you will gladly never work again as not to tarnish any organization with your presence.

Edited by What a Tuel

The Bills need a back up plan before TC beside promoting Anderson to OL coach.

If they want to wait for Kromer to return , a temp replace like Jim McNally still a consultant with the Bengals might work.

A permanent fix coud be Joe D'Alessandris , Chargers, or Chris Foerster , Redskins. A promotion to asst OC or even a 7th rd pick is worth a try doing. The Bills are also deep at WR , Chargers need a TE

Edited by ALF

Exactly. I don't think they should fire him at all, and they may not.

Here's my problem; this is a guy who now has had two very recent (and public) missteps in judgment. First he "trusts" a reporter not to run with comments trashing his QB, leading to a tearful speech to the team, and now he can't control himself over some "borrowed" beach chairs. While the two things are completely different, I kind of have the feeling like, "what's next?"

Kurt Anderson is apparently affiliated with LaCharles Bentley's OL school and is highly thought of -- hence being kept on despite his association with Marrone last season. I think I'm perfectly fine with the Bills letting the loose cannon that is Kromer go and putting the OL in the hands of Anderson and Roman.

If they want to wait for Kromer to return , a temp replace like Jim McNally still a consultant with the Bengals might work.

A permanent fix coud be Joe D'Alessandris , Chargers, or Chris Foerster , Redskins. A promotion to asst OC or even a 7th rd pick is worth a try doing. The Bills are also deep at WR , Chargers need a TE

Seems unlikely that the Bills could get an existing OL coach with another team this close to the start of training camp. I think it's going to have to come from within unless there's some awesome unemployed OL coach sitting around somewhere.

no team is going to to trade their OL coach days before camp starts for a 7th rd pick. Edited by YoloinOhio

And let's be honest, as far as PR hits go this is pretty minor. Only the most self-righteous of moralizers are going to give a !@#$ about this story once the season starts

I agree with what you're saying, but the Pegulas are trying to run a first class organization. As per Incognito and Kromer, that includes giving people second chances. It should also mean that they turn over every stone with this current situation but if there's enough truth there Kromer will be gone and I'm ok with that. I view it less as simple PR and more about defining your corporate values.

Very disingenuous take. Doing something bad in the heat of the moment is not the same thing as "thinking it's ok". I'm not condoning what Kromer did, but you don't know that he has no remorse.

I should have added , just wishful thinking at this stage of the game

i think they will add a coach, but at this stage it will be an assistant for Anderson. He's been here for a few years and knows the players, plus knows Roman's scheme. Obviously not as experienced or accomplished overall as Kromer, but he's the best option at this point IMO. A possibility of a guy they could bring in as assistant OL coach after they promote Anderson is Kevin Mawae. He runs an OL camp in Baton Rouge I think, and he interned with the Bills coaching staff in 2013 (same program as Andre Reed) Edited by YoloinOhio