Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

He could, however, be fired for not carrying through on his death threats. That's what's known in mass murder parlance as "not playing to the whistle." And that's a bad example to set for your linemen.

KtD, you're normally a reasonable, level headed thinking man's fan and poster. He shouldn't and couldn't kill the boy's family. That's crazy talk.

The whistle hasn't blown yet.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it this guy's not been fired yet? Seems to me he should have been canned immediately.

My guess is, they're waiting until after training camps start to minimize the amount of media coverage the story gets. Fire him today and it becomes a big story since there's not much else going on in the NFL. But do it a week or two from now when camps are in full swing, and it won't get nearly the same attention.

My guess is, they're waiting until after training camps start to minimize the amount of media coverage the story gets. Fire him today and it becomes a big story since there's not much else going on in the NFL. But do it a week or two from now when camps are in full swing, and it won't get nearly the same attention.

Right, because this will overshadow the Brady story.

Agreed. It also gives Anderson a chance to get his feet wet in the lead role. Hopefully his guys show something before Kromer gets the official ax.

GO BILLS!!!

You have to assume the Bills know the pertinent details by now. If they're going to fire him I think they do it right after the 8/12 hearing -- or, they're waiting to see how Anderson performs during the first week of camp.

I have no inside information on this but I really wonder if they will fire him. Seems like they would have already if they wanted to. Kromer is charged with a misdemeanor not a felony. He has no prior record. I expect the charge to be plea bargained to something like an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal (ie no fine, no jail time just stay clean for 6 months and the record is expunged). Perhaps he'll be mandated to have anger management counseling or community service. If it were a player, I truly expect the Bills would keep him with that type of sentence. The Bills could fine him for all the camp time missed etc as a punishment

Edited by norton20

I have no inside information on this but I really wonder if they will fire him. Seems like they would have already if they wanted to. Kromer is charged with a misdemeanor not a felony. He has no prior record. I expect the charge to be plea bargained to something like an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal (ie no fine, no jail time just stay clean for 6 months and the record is expunged). Perhaps he'll be mandated to have anger management counseling or community service. If it were a player, I truly expect the Bills would keep him with that type of sentence. The Bills could fine him for all the camp time missed etc as a punishment

I agree. Hope you are correct. He was their first choice to be OL coach, I don't want his assistant taking over. Would be a huge setback.

I agree. Hope you are correct. He was their first choice to be OL coach, I don't want his assistant taking over. Would be a huge setback.

TBH I doubt it will be even minor setback. Kromer already taught them everything they need... The only difference is they do what they been practicing in TC.

TBH I doubt it will be even minor setback. Kromer already taught them everything they need... The only difference is they do what they been practicing in TC.

I find this hard to believe. Kromer is a highly regarded OL coach, his assistant is just that, an assistant. Perhaps they get lucky, but there most likely would be a significant falloff. And it's also very hard to believe that he has already taught them everything they need to know. That just makes no sense whatsoever.

I find this hard to believe. Kromer is a highly regarded OL coach, his assistant is just that, an assistant. Perhaps they get lucky, but there most likely would be a significant falloff. And it's also very hard to believe that he has already taught them everything they need to know. That just makes no sense whatsoever.

Not as big as you make it out to be... The sky isn't falling over an assistant.

It might. You really think there is no difference between the two?

Absolutely there's a difference between the two. Anderson isn't nearly the douche that Kromer is. As for the impact on the OLine, we'll have to see. At this point, I don't think there is a discernible difference.

GO BILLS!!!

Absolutely there's a difference between the two. Anderson isn't nearly the douche that Kromer is. As for the impact on the OLine, we'll have to see. At this point, I don't think there is a discernible difference.

GO BILLS!!!

Based on what?

Based on what?

Based on the fact we haven't seen this O line play a down yet.

I dread the incessant tweets from feverish reporters telling us how this line is getting mauled in drills by our D.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I wish I could agree with this, but I can't. From all indications, every O-linesman who has been interviewed regarding Kromer has spoken extremely highly of him, and not just in the hackneyed, scripted way we are used to hearing in interviews. Losing Kromer will likely have an impact.

I wish I could agree with this, but I can't. From all indications, every O-linesman who has been interviewed regarding Kromer has spoken extremely highly of him, and not just in the hackneyed, scripted way we are used to hearing in interviews. Losing Kromer will likely have an impact.

I agree, and think that is why they want to keep him as long as they can. Technique helps but I bet he has a lot to say about how these guys hit and use their hands and get into position in pads. I hope they keep him and think it makes a difference. Who knows though, I don't think we know much about Anderson. They must like him to some degree.

At this point there is no evidence of any negative impact of Kromer's absence. Which is why I said, "at this point." Kromer was in Anderson's shoes at one time himself.

Pretty sure Anderson isn't nearly the douche though. That is a high bar set by Kromer.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

At this point there is no evidence of any negative impact of Kromer's absence. Which is why I said, "at this point." Kromer was in Anderson's shoes at one time himself.

Pretty sure Anderson isn't nearly the douche though. That is a high bar set by Kromer.

GO BILLS!!!

Because they haven't practiced since he was suspended.