Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

The #Bills name Pat Meyer team operations consultant. Has O-line coaching background & worked w/Kromer in Chicago last 2 yrs.

that's interesting. Could they have hired him as Anderson's assistant but can't give him the title yet because things haven't moved forward? He would have knowledge of the same concepts that Kromer was teaching in OTAs... To deliver some continuity

that's interesting. Could they have hired him as Anderson's assistant but can't give him the title yet because things haven't moved forward? He would have knowledge of the same concepts that Kromer was teaching in OTAs... To deliver some continuity

that doesnt seem like sound reasoning at all. they could hire 12 assistant OL coaches, couldnt they? there isnt a limit or anything (that i know of).

the reason i speculate its a bridge is that they could let him work with the OL a little in interim, and then return to other job duties when done with a title like this.

Edited by NoSaint

that doesnt seem like sound reasoning at all. they could hire 12 assistant OL coaches, couldnt they? there isnt a limit or anything (that i know of).

the reason i speculate its a bridge is that they could let him work with the OL a little in interim, and then return to other job duties when done with a title like this.

could just be a bridge to Kromer's return, which is what I'm hoping for.

@mikerodak: Pat Meyer was hired during minicamp. Isn't connected to Kromer situation, team says.

So if he pled not guilty and his court date is 9/2, what is the 8/12 date for?

Looks like 8/12 was his court date for entering his plea. Since he entered it early things have moved forward. 9/2 isn't his trial date, it's a pre-trial hearing date. I honestly don't know what happens at that. It looks like Kromer wants to get this process moving though.

Looks like 8/12 was his court date for entering his plea. Since he entered it early things have moved forward. 9/2 isn't his trial date, it's a pre-trial hearing date. I honestly don't know what happens at that. It looks like Kromer wants to get this process moving though.

ah, ok

@mikerodak: Asst OL coach Kurt Anderson is leading Bills' OL drills. New consultant Pat Meyer is watching from the side.

love him or hate him on our staff, its a tough spot with how the league tends to handle this now, compared to years past.

a prosecutor, knowing he is being held out of work until its resolved gets a whole bunch of free leverage to pressure him. Kromer obviously wants it done ASAP... but does have to be careful about plea deals too, as that can end up getting him suspended. for kromer is something like a guilty plea and short suspension better off for him than a drawn out trial, even if he thinks he has a good case, but is out of work in the meantime? (not that im arguing the specifics of his case in any way here)

the leagues discipline process can really get guys in a pickle with finding the best way to resolve the legal side of the case.

love him or hate him on our staff, its a tough spot with how the league tends to handle this now, compared to years past.

a prosecutor, knowing he is being held out of work until its resolved gets a whole bunch of free leverage to pressure him. Kromer obviously wants it done ASAP... but does have to be careful about plea deals too, as that can end up getting him suspended. for kromer is something like a guilty plea and short suspension better off for him than a drawn out trial, even if he thinks he has a good case, but is out of work in the meantime? (not that im arguing the specifics of his case in any way here)

the leagues discipline process can really get guys in a pickle with finding the best way to resolve the legal side of the case.

as we know a plea deal is admission of lesser charge and is orchestrated by the DA in conjunction with the Judge. If he is not guilty he should take it to it trial.

still think he is covering for his son. we may never know.

Bills seem to have their bases covered though and thats what really matters to me

as we know a plea deal is admission of lesser charge and is orchestrated by the DA in conjunction with the Judge. If he is not guilty he should take it to it trial.

still think he is covering for his son. we may never know.

Bills seem to have their bases covered though and thats what really matters to me

really, i was just getting at the defacto suspension til a situation is resolved puts extra stress on ANY case, kromer or otherwise. in the past they let them play out, which was a little less of a monkey wrench for someone trying to handle their legal issues.

really, i was just getting at the defacto suspension til a situation is resolved puts extra stress on ANY case, kromer or otherwise. in the past they let them play out, which was a little less of a monkey wrench for someone trying to handle their legal issues.

Understood, i was making a generalization with the first sentence. and tossing some opinion in the next two.

The last one was my relief that Bills are seemingly able to keep the ship on track

: )

Understood, i was making a generalization with the first sentence. and tossing some opinion in the next two.

The last one was my relief that Bills are seemingly able to keep the ship on track

: )

Hard to know if the ship is on track as it's the first day of TC!