Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

Maybe coaches, like players, get game checks. So that would be the actual punishment. He misses a couple games and a couple pay checks with each one being 1/16 of 1m. That way the team benefits from having him the whole preseason and he suffers a real penalty but keeps his job.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The case appears to be one of exaggeration - one report said there were three kids involved or witnessing it and now there are two and the 'disruption in their lives' may be getting caught embellishing something which occurred to the cops or inconsistent stories which may be torn apart by laywers. Kromer may insist his day in court despite their wishes to clear his name even it means some things come out which would hurt him.

I wonder if the NFL will continue to investigate now that the two sides have reached this "agreement." Kromer may not be out of the woods yet.

The science of those flying beach chairs doesn't add up.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I wonder if the NFL will continue to investigate now that the two sides have reached this "agreement." Kromer may not be out of the woods yet.

while i agree he may not be out of the woods yet completely, I think in terms of a league punishment he is ok. It was reported that Kromer's punishment was at the discretion of the team after they worked with the league. However, I think the DA could still elect to press charges based on the evidence even if the victim drops them. Not sure though.

My first reaction on this was the Bills had grounds to fire him at the initial arrest...my speculation that the arrest alone violated a personal conduct clause in his employment contract. I still don't know that I agree with keeping him (again my personal opinion). Get him into camp and move on I guess. Maybe he and Brady can hang together in September....on the beach...play deflated sand volleyball and sit on beach chairs...you know guy stuff.

Edited by JoeF

while i agree he may not be out of the woods yet completely, I think in terms of a league punishment he is ok. It was reported that Kromer's punishment was at the discretion of the team after they worked with the league. However, I think the DA could still elect to press charges based on the evidence even if the victim drops them. Not sure though.

Typically a simple assault charge requires a complainant.

That's exactly what happened. I'd bet my house on it. It's illegal to pay someone to drop charges, but it clearly happened here.

It is? Why? Typically that's what people are looking for anyway so why not cut out the middle man?

Kromer is definitely staying. It's good to hear he'll be working with them during camp, and I figure they'll suspend him for the first game only, figuring Dareus is out anyway and it's the Colts who are favored, so if they lose, no biggeee.

It is? Why? Typically that's what people are looking for anyway so why not cut out the middle man?

Kromer is definitely staying. It's good to hear he'll be working with them during camp, and I figure they'll suspend him for the first game only, figuring Dareus is out anyway and it's the Colts who are favored, so if they lose, no biggeee.

actually it is a biggeee if they lose. Can't afford to lose too many games this year, especially home games.