Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

Doubt it is that way since coaches salaries are guaranteed except for willful subordination, etc.

They also work a lot of hours in off-season as compared to players.

Personally I think he should appeal since players seem to appeal every case; add words to effect of "following the NFLPA's example I decided to appeal and get half the sentence as players usually expect".

Clarence Darrow over here!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so six weeks is a bit more than 10% of a 52 week year, so then that would mean he's making around $1mil a year. Financially missing six weeks is much easier for a coach then than a player

Not just financially, but competition wise, it's much more valuable to have the position coach available for all of training camp than for first six games of the season.

It's pretty obvious -- the Pegulas are sending a message, loud and clear, that if you are going to threaten to kill someone's family you'd damn well better do it. The Bills are an organization that follows through.

: :lol: that's pretty funny

Anybody else wish this guy wasn't coaching our team? He was toxic when he was coaching the Bears. I can't believe the Bills would want him here.

From everything I've read, he is an excellent OLine coach, i'm glad he is on our team. He told a reporter that Cutler wouldn't check down when he should. Hardly toxic.

I missed the hiring of Pat Meyer. The Bills now have 3 OL coaches.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13352503/buffalo-bills-hire-former-chicago-bears-offensive-line-coach-pat-meyer

We'll have Kromer during this important preseason period when the coaching staffing is coaching technique as well as implementing a new scheme.

We won't have Kromer for the first 6 games of the season when the coaches will be working on implementing game plans. Andersen and Meyer will capably handle that.

I missed the hiring of Pat Meyer. The Bills now have 3 OL coaches.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13352503/buffalo-bills-hire-former-chicago-bears-offensive-line-coach-pat-meyer

We'll have Kromer during this important preseason period when the coaching staffing is coaching technique as well as implementing a new scheme.

We won't have Kromer for the first 6 games of the season when the coaches will be working on implementing game plans. Andersen and Meyer will capably handle that.

That's going to be awfully embarrassing when we find out that the line still can't block traffic.

Anybody else wish this guy wasn't coaching our team? He was toxic when he was coaching the Bears. I can't believe the Bills would want him here.

prior to about december of last year he had a pretty impeccable record as a line coach, as well as experience as an OC, running game coordinator and interim head coach.

while hes had issues lately, i think our coaching team is better with him than without.

Yes, but he lost faith in the greatest quarterback that ever played in Shoekago, leaked something to the media that he did not say, and most egregiously, he failed to follow up on this threat to kill the kid's family. So you can see why the Pegulas gave him a 50% stiffer penalty than what The League gave Brady***. There are principles that have to be upheld, or we are not a nation of honorable people. Hopefully he's learned from these mistakes and will show up exhibiting proper behavior by giving corsages for his OLinemen and tickets to the ballet.

I mostly agree with you.

But I also wonder if the Pegulas are trying to begin their ownership with a strong message: behavior off the field matters.

^ 100%

on a side note

I heard he walked up to Richie during practice and took him aside.

Thanked him for the advice, but said he was all set for while. now go run gassers till i start my suspension

Edited by 3rdand12

Is Kromer allowed to coach the OL while suspended , not paid , during the week ?

He can't have contact with the team or be in the facility at OBD while he's suspended.

Hey! Is this thread too big to follow? :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz