Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the temperature in Kelvin when the chairs were stolen?

per wunderground, which i only used the mean temp for the day, assuming this ahppened in the evening whilst it was still warmer outside then cool, the average seemed the best to go with.

Could just be that the figured out that junior is a punk, and it wasn't worth Kromer getting locked up. Or it could be that it came out that the kid lied or exaggerated, and people started to figure it out. Or it could be that the DA decided the kid was a lousy witness, and told the parents "I can't win this case because it's only he-said, he-said, and I can't put your son on the stand. You sure you want to do this?"

But it was probably an "undisclosed settlement."

yep. judge is like, "get out of my courtroom, i have real work to do" " goodbye"

Could just be that they figured out that junior is a punk, and it wasn't worth Kromer getting locked up. Or it could be that it came out that the kid lied or exaggerated, and people started to figure it out. Or it could be that the DA decided the kid was a lousy witness, and told the parents "I can't win this case because it's only he-said, he-said, and I can't put your son on the stand. You sure you want to do this?"

But it was probably an "undisclosed settlement."

Can't find where I posted this V +

This sounds like a "get off my lawn!" Kind of incident.

Kromer - "get off my beach chairs!"

Kids - screw you old man

Kromer - why you little b-tard smack

Man can you smell what I smell?

Elmore said that both sets of parents of the two minors wrote letters to his office that they’d like charges to be dropped.

“They requested that essentially we not force them to disrupt the lives of their children any further by continuing the prosecution,” he said, “and that they had all reached an amicable resolution.”

someone fessed up to doing wrong

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Wow, breaking news! All charges dropped against Kromer and his son.

The families are safe!

I'm not so sure about that.

I wonder if the NFL will continue to investigate now that the two sides have reached this "agreement." Kromer may not be out of the woods yet.

Then he might have to kill Goodell too.

while i agree he may not be out of the woods yet completely, I think in terms of a league punishment he is ok. It was reported that Kromer's punishment was at the discretion of the team after they worked with the league. However, I think the DA could still elect to press charges based on the evidence even if the victim drops them. Not sure though.

Then he might have to kill the DA as well.

More than likely once they heard both sides of the story the parents of the minors probably thought rather than bring a bunch of attention to how bad they were raising their kid they just thought we'll just let it go !

Good for the Bills . Don't know why he would get a bunch of games for a suspension seeing as it was his first offense , but Goodell will more than likely give him a couple any way .

@BF4E -- "amicable resolution" is legal-speak for "cash payment." Don't kid yourself.

I'm not.

It was the excessive wording about "troubling their kids with court" than bugged me.

I think 2 "kids" who were out in the early hours of the morning "fishing" IMO were most likely being rowdy ad maybe stretching the truth a bit to the police. How else do you explain losing dad's prize rod in the ocean?

C'mon, Nuc, we're ALWAYS expected to lose!

I have not seen anyone predicting more than 0-16 for the Bills this season and that was before this whole Kromer nonsense and Shady's party.

Considering the rest of the AFC East doesn't have any players getting arrested, resisting arrest or fighting the league over cheating or anything, doesn't look good for the Bills.

Edited by jeremy2020

@BF4E -- "amicable resolution" is legal-speak for "cash payment." Don't kid yourself.

Yup - someone got a summer vacation and apology once things cooled down. I'm sure there was the initial "OMG SOMEONELAID HANDS ON MY KID" followed by "oh he's willing to do right to apologize, I'm sure the kids weren't total Angels and they weren't hurt and this is kind of a pain"

It is? Why? Typically that's what people are looking for anyway so why not cut out the middle man?

Kromer is definitely staying. It's good to hear he'll be working with them during camp, and I figure they'll suspend him for the first game only, figuring Dareus is out anyway and it's the Colts who are favored, so if they lose, no biggeee.

It's to prevent extortion, blackmail, witness tampering and bribery. It happens though, especially in situations where someone has money and/or a lot to lose. How many high profile athletes had rape charges dropped after the witness refused to cooperate? I remember that happening twice with Roethlisberger.

As for Kromer, he could get suspended or fired. If I were Pegula I'd base that decision on a discussion I could now have with him as well as the opinions of those he works with. It'd more likely be a suspension if, for example, Rex thinks he brings a lot to the team than if he was planning on replacing him next season. I'd think it'd be a suspension since Rex hired him. If he'd have been a holdover I'd be leaning the other way.

Edited by BarleyNY

Yup - someone got a summer vacation and apology once things cooled down. I'm sure there was the initial "OMG SOMEONELAID HANDS ON MY KID"

Mixed in with perhaps a little "OMG THIS GUY WORKS FOR THE NFL I BET SOMEONE WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY UP TO KEEP HIM OUT OF THE CLINK."

I'm not worried about how he got off the hook.I'm more concerned with the lack of character that been building on this team.That's one intangible that will haunt us in the end.

Give it a rest with the character thing. It's getting old.