Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think his assistant will be a better coach? I think Ryan and Roman would like to keep Kromer.

I said I "hope" that's the case. At the moment we only know they have enough faith in Anderson to give him the shot. Nothing to indicate how good or bad a coach he is.

GO BILLS!!!

I suppose that's true; not sure if Solari had told them his decision by that point or if they just moved on because they wanted to fill the position.

No question that they liked Kromer a lot though.

Roman wanted Solari

EDIT:

Found a link that kind of says the same...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/respected-veteran-mike-solari-will-help-coach-packers-offensive-line-b99444800z1-292031181.html

Solari, according to a friend, could have had the No. 1 job in Buffalo under coach Rex Ryan that eventually went to Aaron Kromer. Greg Roman, the 49ers' outgoing offensive coordinator, already had joined the Bills in the same capacity.

There were indications that Solari also was talking to Atlanta about its No. 1 position that went to Chris Morgan.

In the end, Solari turned down the Bills and accepted the No. 2 post in Green Bay because the Packers had a better chance to win and because of his familiarity with McCarthy. They were on Marty Schottenheimer's staff in Kansas City from 1997-'98.

"I really know Mike," said Solari. "That was a key component this time around."

this is what I was referring to - assuming that it could have been after Solari wasn't an option

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/21/analysis-pre-camp-resolution-not-good-for-kromer-or-bills/

New Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman had actually pegged Chris Foerster as his first choice to coach the offensive line, a league source said. The Bills received permission from Foerester's previous employer, the Washington Redskins, to interview him for a lateral move as a replacement for former offensive line coach Pat Morris.

in the debate between kromer and anderson, it is without question they liked kromer more though, whether he was #1 on the list, or just the best they could get, or any other debate. and his $1m paycheck indicates that they like him a lot.

Absolutely...hence:

I suppose that's true; not sure if Solari had told them his decision by that point or if they just moved on because they wanted to fill the position.

No question that they liked Kromer a lot though.

:beer:

He threw some beach chairs in the water.

Wrong. I was on record as being against the Kromer hire the day it was announced. If you care to dig up that thread, be my guest. The beach chair incident has no bearing on anything regarding my opinion of Kromer.

GO BILLS!!!

this is what I was referring to - assuming that it could have been after Solari wasn't an option

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/21/analysis-pre-camp-resolution-not-good-for-kromer-or-bills/

Indeed...not sure where Foerster fell in the pecking order in relation to Kromer. I only know that Solari was Roman's guy.

Wrong. I was on record as being against the Kromer hire the day it was announced. If you care to dig up that thread, be my guest. The beach chair incident has no bearing on anything regarding my opinion of Kromer.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll vouch for that...I remember floating that as a possibility back when Marrone was still the coach, and you said something to the effect of "over my dead body".

GO BILLS!!!

why were you against it? Just curious

I would think him not being there preparing for camp with all the other coaches has to be harmful. I assume there's more to the job than just nothing happens because the players haven't practiced (there).

This is a fair point. In terms of continuity, Anderson has been there the entire time, the players have known him for a couple years, etc. I doubt Anderson isn't fully acquainted with all of Roman's schemes at this point. It all comes down to can he teach technique in a way that the players readily relate to and will it make them better. We will see.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I want to go on record to say that hiring Aaron Kromer will end up being THE BEST MOVE REX RYAN EVER MAKES as the Bills' head coach!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I found this from a thread back in January.

why were you against it? Just curious

The whole Cutler fiasco. Look, I am no huge fan of Cutler, either, but Kromer broke the code when he ratted to the press. It was a douche move to throw your starting QB under the bus like that. That kind of stuff just fractures a lockerroom. Not that the Bears were a tight group, but coaches have to be above the fray. All the time. I question Kromer's credibility.

GO BILLS!!!

I found this from a thread back in January.

How very Kromerly of you. If his douche ever needs a new nozzle, we know who to call.

GO BILS!!!

The whole Cutler fiasco. Look, I am no huge fan of Cutler, either, but Kromer broke the code when he ratted to the press. It was a douche move to throw your starting QB under the bus like that. That kind of stuff just fractures a lockerroom. Not that the Bears were a tight group, but coaches have to be above the fray. All the time. I question Kromer's credibility.

GO BILLS!!!

How very Kromerly of you. If his douche ever needs a new nozzle, we know who to call.

GO BILS!!!

That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me ... :cry: