Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

I agree, and think that is why they want to keep him as long as they can. Technique helps but I bet he has a lot to say about how these guys hit and use their hands and get into position in pads. I hope they keep him and think it makes a difference. Who knows though, I don't think we know much about Anderson. They must like him to some degree.

I think I read that Anderson has been around for four years, so he's pre-Moron. He's also affiliated with LaCharles Bentley's OL school. The guy seems to be highly thought of.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the reason the Bills have not let Kromer go is more about the future. IF Roman comes in and turns the O around he may get head coaching consideration. It would be nice to already have a successor on staff for OC, Kromer.

I think the reason he has not been let go is the Bills don't think this incident is worth firing him.

My take is that this was a misdemeanor accusation for a position coach, not exactly a headline-grabbing case that is would be highly visible to fans or of interest to a national audience. I think the Bills want to keep Kromer (as do I). They are showing they are disciplining their employee and are letting time pass.

Assuming this doesn't blow up at his court hearing, I think they will try to quietly bring him back on at some point when there is a lot more interesting to discuss than this legal proceeding.

I think the reason he has not been let go is the Bills don't think this incident is worth firing him.

I think the reason is that they don't want to act too quickly and then find out that the report was much ado about nothing...I do believe that they intend to fire him.

I think the reason is that they don't want to act too quickly and then find out that the report was much ado about nothing...I do believe that they intend to fire him.

for a minute, i thought the same, but im starting to think that this may be a case of "assuming it gets a plea agreement and the punishment is minor, we will let this blow over and keep him"

Because they haven't practiced since he was suspended.

Right. So there is no need to assume Kromer's absence has had any detrimental impact on anything.

I hope Anderson Wally Pipps Kromer.

GO BILLS!!!

for a minute, i thought the same, but im starting to think that this may be a case of "assuming it gets a plea agreement and the punishment is minor, we will let this blow over and keep him"

Yup. They would have fired him already if they really wanted to get rid of him and/or thought he was going to face a (harsh) punishment.

Right. So there is no need to assume Kromer's absence has had any detrimental impact on anything.

GO BILLS!!!

So you think his assistant will be a better coach? I think Ryan and Roman would like to keep Kromer.

GO BILLS!!!

When they hired him they thought he was the best OL coach they could get. What has happened to change that?

When they hired him they thought he was the best OL coach they could get. What has happened to change that?

Actually Mike Solari was their #1 choice (not sure if that ever made it out into the media)...he was offered the job, but went to GB because he felt they were closer to winning a Superbowl.

GO BILLS!!!

I would think him not being there preparing for camp with all the other coaches has to be harmful. I assume there's more to the job than just nothing happens because the players haven't practiced (there).

Actually Mike Solari was their #1 choice (not sure if that ever made it out into the media)...he was offered the job, but went to GB because he felt they were closer to winning a Superbowl.

But at the time they hired Kromer they thought he was the best OL coach they could get.

But at the time they hired Kromer they thought he was the best OL coach they could get.

Rex thought that. Reportedly Roman wanted a different guy - Foerester (sp). That may have been after Solari wasn't interested. Edited by YoloinOhio

I suppose that's true; not sure if Solari had told them his decision by that point or if they just moved on because they wanted to fill the position.

No question that they liked Kromer a lot though.

Rex thought that. Reportedly Roman wanted a different guy - Foerester (sp). That may have been after Solari wasn't interested.

Roman wanted Solari

EDIT:

Found a link that kind of says the same...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/respected-veteran-mike-solari-will-help-coach-packers-offensive-line-b99444800z1-292031181.html

Solari, according to a friend, could have had the No. 1 job in Buffalo under coach Rex Ryan that eventually went to Aaron Kromer. Greg Roman, the 49ers' outgoing offensive coordinator, already had joined the Bills in the same capacity.

There were indications that Solari also was talking to Atlanta about its No. 1 position that went to Chris Morgan.

In the end, Solari turned down the Bills and accepted the No. 2 post in Green Bay because the Packers had a better chance to win and because of his familiarity with McCarthy. They were on Marty Schottenheimer's staff in Kansas City from 1997-'98.

"I really know Mike," said Solari. "That was a key component this time around."

Edited by thebandit27

I suppose that's true; not sure if Solari had told them his decision by that point or if they just moved on because they wanted to fill the position.

No question that they liked Kromer a lot though.

Roman wanted Solari

EDIT:

Found a link that kind of says the same...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/respected-veteran-mike-solari-will-help-coach-packers-offensive-line-b99444800z1-292031181.html

Solari, according to a friend, could have had the No. 1 job in Buffalo under coach Rex Ryan that eventually went to Aaron Kromer. Greg Roman, the 49ers' outgoing offensive coordinator, already had joined the Bills in the same capacity.

There were indications that Solari also was talking to Atlanta about its No. 1 position that went to Chris Morgan.

In the end, Solari turned down the Bills and accepted the No. 2 post in Green Bay because the Packers had a better chance to win and because of his familiarity with McCarthy. They were on Marty Schottenheimer's staff in Kansas City from 1997-'98.

"I really know Mike," said Solari. "That was a key component this time around."

in the debate between kromer and anderson, it is without question they liked kromer more though, whether he was #1 on the list, or just the best they could get, or any other debate. and his $1m paycheck indicates that they like him a lot. Edited by NoSaint