Deflate-gate investigation complete

Is the NFL is going to kickoff the season with Brady on the sidelines though? I really think that they have no choice..

From a ratings standpoint, it might even attract more eyeballs to not have him there--which should please most NFL owners and their media partners.

Think of how many people will tune in to see what happens to the Pats without Brady...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good point to take into consideration.

The league kicking off the season with Brady on the sidelines is going to hurt the league's purse.

but with it being the first game of the year I think the ratings will be huge regardless

Please excuse my ignorance in our lovely laws, but does anybody know if any of this brushes on the outskirts of legality - in regards to the bribes/gifts? Any chance of an injunction to pull Bradys phone records or further aspects of investigation? Really not trying to fan any flames or roll with hyperbole, just curious (and clueless).

From a ratings standpoint, it might even attract more eyeballs to not have him there--which should please most NFL owners and their media partners.

Think of how many people will tune in to see what happens to the Pats without Brady...

Overall I think people are pretty sick of the Patriots. They are like the Atlanta Braves in baseball circa like 1991-2010.

Another good point to take into consideration.

The league kicking off the season with Brady on the sidelines is going to hurt the league's purse.

I would imagine that shoving this under the rug and not suspending him at all would hurt their purse substantially more.

With more and more coming out, I think it's 4 games. And the NFL makes a statement protecting Brady and the Pats to some degree, saying something about not cooperating was why the suspension was given out, not the fact that they cheated.

My thoughts exactly. This is certainly going to draw attention to that first game if Brady is out. I wouldn't watch that game otherwise, but I may tune in for a bit if he is out.

Overall I think people are pretty sick of the Patriots. They are like the Atlanta Braves in baseball circa like 1991-2010.

All the more reason most of America would tune in to see them take a woop'n...

For people suggesting a 2 game suspension: does that number come from anything other than the fact that we play them week 2? I feel like it needs to be around 4 games. That seems to be the typical number from the NFL.

I am only thinking it because to me it seems like a suitable punishment. I would rather them play brady against us because I can hear the excuses now if we won. "Well they didn't have tom brady". I think we can beat them, and we are here to compete. I think the players would feel the same way.

I am only thinking it because to me it seems like a suitable punishment. I would rather them play brady against us because I can hear the excuses now if we won. "Well they didn't have tom brady". I think we can beat them, and we are here to compete. I think the players would feel the same way.

I like the narrative of they finally arent cheating so the Bills can finally beat up on their sorry roster

I think it's 2 game suspension, with a possiblity of 4. The lying is what's going to get him and Ray Farmers texting got him 4 games.

That is what I think. It could even go higher but I would be surprised if it were less than 2. They seem to always be in even numbers too so I guess that I could see anywhere from 2-8.

@ProFootballTalk: Tom Brady's dad thinks his son was a victim of "Framegate" http://t.co/HazX9blIRS

:lol: Theres a quote in the report that says the investigators didn't believe the equipment guys when they tried saying they weren't referring to that Brady in the communications. Maybe there is another one running around asking for balls to be deflated.

but with it being the first game of the year I think the ratings will be huge regardless

Right on, it's the NFL opener + more people would enjoy seeing them get destroyed than would want to see a celebration of all things Pats at this point.

That is what I think. It could even go higher but I would be surprised if it were less than 2. They seem to always be in even numbers too so I guess that I could see anywhere from 2-8.

I hope that he is suspended in the first matchup against us. That would be fantastic :)

It could be, if Gisele takes it out of Tom's allowance.

Har har.

It's sad, isn't it? The prom queen lucky enough to be born with a good DNA sequence and the idiot jock who can throw an (under inflated) ball of leather accurately make all the money in our society.

Educators? Theoretical scientists pushing the understanding of mankind as a species forward? Researchers finding cures for diseases inflicting millions? Activists who single handedly alter societies for the better for all time?

They get peanuts, if they get anything at all.