Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also for a few games maybe along with a fine.

Let's fast forward and say in 2018 they are caught cheating again.

At that point what does the league do? It is obviously a culture of cheating. If it wasn't, it wouldn't recur so often. At that point do we count our blessings that Brady and likely Belichick retire? Do we suspend someone another 2 games? Should there be any escalation to repeated issues of compromised integrity?

Now we want to talk about what MIGHT happen?

Every situation is different.

Here you go...

I think it's something that lots of QB's do.

Then comes "that makes it right?"

And I say..."no, but there are degrees..."

so on and so on...

Appealing that "everyone does it" as validation is one of those pesky fallacies.

The report is pretty incriminating. They basically had everything short of "we have these guys doing it on video tape". I can't see how it's just a slap on the wrist, especially the way Brady publicly denied everything and this report rips his denial to shreds. Add in Kraft publicly demanding an apology and they are daring the NFL to take significant action.

And, Brady refused to help by supplying phone and text records. Like that is not incriminating in itself.

How old are you, HOF Watkins?

I assume you are a teenager.

Please tell us all your age. When we hear you are 17, we can then officially ignore you forever.

I was thinking the same about "Plenzoid" (sic).

You can ignore me. I just think it's wrong for a poster to try to organize others against another poster.

He asked a simple question. Do you expect him to remember everything you said months ago? In the time it took you to type that you could have told him.

ultimately, even if you dont remember HIS argument, its the same basics that likely many did it, that its a minor advantage (if any), etc.....

itll be interesting to see how they handle it. id bet roger is quite upset that their big press conferences they called to lie about it. that may be worse than the actual infraction, in the nfls eyes.

He's back to hemming and hawing now. Legal speak for "we still didn't do it, but for the sake of everyone involved we'll let you persecute us without any hard evidence and we can all move on and let by-gones be by-gones". (Memo to Bill - stop getting caught!)

drive me nuts Augie, really does.

Appealing that "everyone does it" as validation is one of those pesky fallacies.

See.

Now I'm supposed to rewrite my response to that question AGAIN?

Yes, the fact that it is common lessens the seriousness of the violation, in my mind.

And, Brady refused to help by supplying phone and text records. Like that is not incriminating in itself.

to be fair, if my employer demanded my phone to go through.... i would probably say no too, even if innocent. but i wouldnt call a press conference to call them out and lie about it.

The lie didn't impact the outcomes of games, though. The act very well might have.

true, but it further tarnished the shield.

Now we all know why Tommy looked scared shitless in the first interview!!

ESPN (DTV ch 207) is now all over it

Attempting to deceive indicates a coverup. Lying to the league and the world will make it worse for Tom.

if you recall, lying to the league was allegedly a big part of anthony hargroves suspension in bounty-gate. so the league does care.

See.

Now I'm supposed to rewrite my response to that question AGAIN?

Yes, the fact that it is common lessens the seriousness of the violation, in my mind.

In your mind, sure. It doesn't stop it from fallacious and wrong. I know I'm not supposed to just say "your way of thinking, and thus your position are wrong," but that's really all I can do at this point.

How old are you, HOF Watkins?

I assume you are a teenager.

Please tell us all your age. When we hear you are 17, we can then officially ignore you forever.

I dont understand that thinking maybe you are the one who should be ignored for such a far reaching small minded comment

if you recall, lying to the league was allegedly a big part of anthony hargroves suspension in bounty-gate. so the league does care.

Yep, I meant to allude to that. Someone said it best earlier, if Tom said he didn't know it was a rule from the beginning, it would've been way less hoopla. But he embarrassed the league by going on a national stage and lying.

Edited by FireChan