Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were the NFL?

I would suspend Brady for a half a season. Possibly more. Those lockerroom attendants and their immediate supervisors would be banned from ever working in the league again. Take a 1st rounder + away and fine the organization $1 Million in light of repeat offender.

I would allow them to get away with only this, if the league is permitted to install independent auditors who will have full access to team activities to ensure they aren't cheating.

I like the way you think May Day.

4 games works for me as well.

To be honest, if the NFL feels they have definitive proof that the Patriots willingly engaged in breaking the rules and modifying the balls beyond the rules to suit their liking, the only appropriate response is to deem the result of the game in which the infraction occurred "false". I.E., you go back to the game where the infraction occurred and deem NE to be ineligible.

You want excitement and publicity? How about the NFL repeating the relevant portion of the playoffs from last year, prior to the start of this season, minus the Patriots as of the point when they cheated?!

I.E., a "playoff" involving Baltimore vs. Indianapolis. Winner plays the Seahawks to determine the winner of LAST YEAR'S Superbowl.

You don't think that would generate interest, excitement, and enthusiasm for the NFL?

You'd have people watching those games who have watched 3 games in the last decade.

You're dreaming.

Har har.

It's sad, isn't it? The prom queen lucky enough to be born with a good DNA sequence and the idiot jock who can throw an (under inflated) ball of leather accurately make all the money in our society.

Educators? Theoretical scientists pushing the understanding of mankind as a species forward? Researchers finding cures for diseases inflicting millions? Activists who single handedly alter societies for the better for all time?

They get peanuts, if they get anything at all.

Yea but watching the LHC is boring.

Maybe kiss off and make up. :D

Well, that's a start.

I think Roger will make an example of this situation and suspend Brady for at least four games.

He almost has to after what he said before the Superbowl, otherwise the media will put so much heat on the NFL that it will hound him out of the office....

"Goodell said two days before the Super Bowl: “We want the truth. That’s what I think our fans want. That’s what our clubs want. And so what we want to do is make sure that we find that truth. If there are violations of the rules, we take them seriously, particularly when they deal with the integrity of the game and the rules.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/05/06/deflategate-wells-report-concludes-more-probable-than-not-patriots-violated-league-rules-tom-brady-aware-of-activities/

Good post. Will Goodell have the political will to follow through with his promise?

Actually you just nailed it. The punishment for the Patriots* should simply be they and the NFL simple have to put an asterisk on any official mention of the Patriots* or Tom Brady* which to me would be fair. Then, when kids would ask their parents why the Patriots* or Brady* have the asterisk after their names, the parent could then explain that they were chronic cheaters and go tell them to read "The Scarlett Letter."

I think they should banish the franchise, erase them from the record books, and award championships to the teams they beat.

I mean, cheating is cheating, right? There are no degrees of "wrong". The death penalty for all felonies, I say!

Bullschitt. I appreciate how you maybe like to see yourself as the only reasonable person evaluating this, but you can't just randomly assume those of us calling for a year's suspension and a title loss to be bitter losers.

Let's all gather our children together, okay? Let's tell them how the Patriots** have a history of being "proven" cheaters. Then let's tell all the children that cheating to win is simply not that big of a transgression and you can cheat and still be revered and rich and glorified.

Is that your plan? Really?

Cheating is cheating and if you try to qualify it simply so you can portray yourself as the only reasonable thinker in the room, you're pretty much doing the opposite.

see above.

Really, "do it for the children"? :lol:

Edited by HoF Watkins

I think they should banish the franchise, erase them from the record books, and award championships to the teams they beat.

I mean, cheating is cheating, right? There are no degrees of "wrong". The death penalty for all felonies, I say!

When NCAA teams are found to have violated the rules they frequently must vacate wins. So why is the idea preposterous again?

see above.

Really, "do it for the children"? :lol:

Are you some type of professional hole or grave digger?

I think that it is a virtual certainty that he will get at least 2 games. 1 for the incident and 1 for lying about it. It could be up to 8 I would think when you look at bounty-gate. I am pretty confident that he will not be playing in Buffalo week 2. Is the NFL is going to kickoff the season with Brady on the sidelines though? I really think that they have no choice..

This is entirely possible in my opinion, and of course I'd love to see it. But will the NFL really have the balls to suspend this guy for multiple games?

Also, would it be possible that Brady is suspended for multiple games and then the regular season schedule is modified so that the Patriots are no longer playing on opening Thursday night?

Why not?

see above.

Really, "do it for the children"?

One fallacy after another. Don't stop, get them all!

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Edited by FireChan

When NCAA teams are found to have violated the rules they frequently must vacate wins. So why is the idea preposterous again?

Because it's not that serious of a transgression. How many times does it need to be stated that I feel that way?

I don't believe in the death penalty for running a red light, either (even if you tell the cop and judge "I didn't do it").... I know, my morals are loose.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Another good point to take into consideration.

The league kicking off the season with Brady on the sidelines is going to hurt the league's purse.

See my other comment on this topic. So then, change the schedule so the Brady-less Patriots are not playing on opening night.

Perfect.