Deflate-gate investigation complete

ultimately, even if you dont remember HIS argument, its the same basics that likely many did it, that its a minor advantage (if any), etc.....

itll be interesting to see how they handle it. id bet roger is quite upset that their big press conferences they called to lie about it. that may be worse than the actual infraction, in the nfls eyes.

Mos def. I imagine the NFL is far more pissed about that, and especially because it was so easily found and replayed on boards like this, that they may feel they have to do something about it. That's why I said earlier they will make it sound like the coverup was way worse than the crime. This way the integrity of the game is preserved more in their eyes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a thread here where people can post what they feel should be the penalty?

It would be a good place to just keep a record. (If I post one, no doubt it will be shut down with "this topic is being.." Maybe if someone else does it though, it will be okay..like one of the "insiders")

Edited by HoF Watkins

See.

Now I'm supposed to rewrite my response to that question AGAIN?

Yes, the fact that it is common lessens the seriousness of the violation, in my mind.

and i think thats wrong.

Brady should be suspended for a year, like Sean Payton was.

thank you

How old are you, HOF Watkins?

I assume you are a teenager.

Please tell us all your age. When we hear you are 17, we can then officially ignore you forever.

One of the most ignorant comments I've seen on this forum, and that's saying something.

Is there a thread here where people can post what they feel should be the penalty?

It would be a good place to just keep a record. (If I post one, no doubt it will be shut down with "this topic is being.." Maybe if someone else does it though, t will be okay..like one of the "insiders")

What it should be or what it will be? It should be consistent with other penalties levied by the league; that much is clear. The same rules have to apply. There is a thread for what you think that it will be.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm with NoSaint on this, it's not a criminal case. If my employer asked for my personnel phone, I'd tell them to take a hike.

a bad look in the sense that it makes him look like he has something to hide by refusing. It's his right not to give it to them, but perception is not good. The conclusion was not "conclusive." So everyone wonders - what's on the phone, Tom? Edited by YoloinOhio

Punishment needs to be handed down quickly. I have a sickening feeling that the NFL will wait until the release of the report cools down, then "punish" Brady.

Also, can someone explain why Troy Vincent is apparently responsible for handing down discipline and not Goodell.

What is should be or what it will be? It should be consistent with other penalties levied by the league; that much is clear. The same rules have to apply. There is a thread for what you think that it will be.

what i think is hazy is what is the comparable offense?

i think a lot of people will likely shoot too high based on hate, instead of looking at impact -- but i do think the bold lies in press conferences they went out of their way to call might end up hurting them bad even if the actual offense wasnt HUGE

i'm seeing the putin stolen super bowl ring incident in an entirely different light now. he probably figured he was just stealing from another thief.

Interesting psychoanalysis. its surely a possibility in the NFL .

but it does not extricate him from guilt does it?

bad is bad wrong is wrong.

Right ?

Punishment needs to be handed down quickly. I have a sickening feeling that the NFL will wait until the release of the report cools down, then "punish" Brady.

Also, can someone explain why Troy Vincent is apparently responsible for handing down discipline and not Goodell.

maybe Troy is training to be his replacement after Kraft gets rid of Roger for suspending his boy.

a bad look in the sense that it makes him look like he has something to hide by refusing. It's his right not to give it to them, but perception is not good. The conclusion was not "conclusive." So everyone wonders - what's on the phone, Tom?

are you providing your phone to your employer there? i know to the public it looks bad, but im arguing the public wouldnt want to comply if held to the same standard.

are you providing your phone to your employer there? i know to the public it looks bad, but im arguing the public wouldnt want to comply if held to the same standard.

If my employer is accusing me of something I didn't do and it might cost me my job? I might go with it... I wouldn't necessarily be happy, but I mean, I need a job.

Tom, on the other hand, doesn't face the same consequences. At worst he's fined and loses his job, but is still sitting on millions, whereas, I am not. Good point(s) NS.

I typed it out MANY times, and it will only lead to MORE answers that I will be asked to retype.

What I want to know is two-fold (with apologies if you've actually answered this):

(1) Where is the evidence that many other QBs are doing it, let alone that they are bribing team employees to do it and then lying about it?

(2) Why does that make it less serious? It's serial cheating involving multiple layers of the organization.

i think a lot of people will likely shoot too high based on hate, instead of looking at impact -- but i do think the bold lies in press conferences they went out of their way to call might end up hurting them bad even if the actual offense wasnt HUGE

I must agree. the notable effort to deceive, post accusation , is rather offensive to the grand Inquisitor dont you think ? kRafties demand for the apology sticks in my craw .

The offense isn't that bad. The cover up and lying is what is going to get them into trouble. In terms of "institutional control" the comp is definitely bountygate. What happens on your watch is what you are responsible for. The punishment probably won't be as severe because the crime wasn't as severe.

The comp for Brady is probably Anthony Hargrove (I think that Brady gets less games though). One of the weird things that Goodell factored in during Bountygate was "player's that held leadership positions within the Saints." That doesn't bode well for Brady. It is not necessarily going to be right in line with Bountygate but the same criteria that created those penalties has to apply in the same manner here. If they were important factors in that case they remain important factors in this one.

Here is a quick little reminder on bountygate:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jonathan-vilma-scott-fujita-anthony-hargrove-will-smith-suspended-in-new-orleans-saints-bounty-scandal-050212

Edited by Kirby Jackson