RD 6, Pick 194: TE Nick O'Leary, Florida State

:lol: Well there you go! -Why didn't I see that?... Hitch our wagons to a 7th rounder, from a BFE school, that has no idea what an NFL route even looks like.. That's great! Let's just make it an even 20 years with no playoffs. :thumbsup:

Well, I submit we have a higher chance of winning with those two than two other players who are under contract to another team.

Thinking we could manufacture clones of them and have them magically appear on The Bills on someone's whim is akin to mental masturbation. i.e., it's non productive and could lead to blindness and insanity. :ph34r:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the highlights, he comes off kinda small... is he more an HB type than a TE? (I should probably read the thread)

Edit: Ok, his stats make him seem bigger than the eye test. I'll just shut up now.

Edited by Dorkington

I watched him at FSU and he has a serious football IQ. He finds ways to get open. Avg at blocking at best. He's not as small as the pundits state. I believe he had a slow 40 but not worried about it as it's his job to get quick over the middle and get some YAC.

This is one of the picks I like. The Guard seems to be a decent pick as well.

I watched him at FSU and he has a serious football IQ. He finds ways to get open. Avg at blocking at best. He's not as small as the pundits state. I believe he had a slow 40 but not worried about it as it's his job to get quick over the middle and get some YAC.

This is one of the picks I like. The Guard seems to be a decent pick as well.

he had a hammy issue at the combine so he may be faster than that 40 time

I like this pick. To me he slots in as a solid backup tight end. He could even play fullback a little. I don't think long term he could be a starter but I think he could be a high quality backup which is the kind of player you will find in round 6. I see his role as a 30-40 catch tight end playing in dual tight end and back up situations. Probably not going to have much impact year one but maybe they stash him on the PS for 1 year and he comes into camp year two ready to make a push at a backup position.

Edited by billsfan89

20th ranked prospect in America in the 2011 recruiting class. FYI, #5 was our new RB Karlos Williams, and number 3 in the nation was Cyrus K, our Offensive Tackle from Miami.

It seems Whaley, or someone in our scouting department, likes the guys that a lifelong blue chippers... I imagine they share some interesting qualities, beyond just prototypical size. As Kirby mentioned, they been in the pipeline for a long time. Likely a lot of good coaching, big time games, been game planned around for a decade etc....

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Gronk, gates, graham, Gonzalez, witten... A lot of the big names the last 5 years have been 6'5. It's not like it's just gronk

I am very pleased Bills acquiring this kid. He seems very Buffalo Bills esque ish.

He will get the second most snaps at TE in Romans offense i might wager.

Gragg is an unknown still and Gray still needs more polish in route running etc. but a full offseason being healthy for both of them might do wonders . Clays a lock obviously and i bet Nick makes the team.

But can we bury him on the PS if Gragg and Gray show up?

i hope Bills keep 4 and they all develop quickly.

The cut downs in RB and TE , WR will be something to watch.

Lot of very real potential.

It seems Whaley, or someone in our scouting department, likes the guys that a lifelong blue chippers... I imagine they share some interesting qualities, beyond just prototypical size. As Kirby mentioned, they been in the pipeline for a long time. Likely a lot of good coaching, big time games, been game planned around for a decade etc....

Gronk, gates, graham, Gonzalez, witten... A lot of the big names the last 5 years have been 6'5. It's not like it's just gronk

Chandler ! how did you miss him ? 6 7 of pure athletic pizazz. size matters.

sometimes.

skill and method come into play at the professional level.

I keep envisioning Dallas Clark when I think about him. Anybody, anybody?

Yes actually. I keep trying to decide between Clark and Witten. I will take that either way. Having watched several FSU games the past couple of years, he is the TE that I was most excited about in this draft and I am still amazed he dropped as low as he did.

Yes actually. I keep trying to decide between Clark and Witten. I will take that either way. Having watched several FSU games the past couple of years, he is the TE that I was most excited about in this draft and I am still amazed he dropped as low as he did.

look at this catch (winstons escape in the pocket is pretty impressive too)

@RQUINN619: Oh my https://t.co/RybMBkC0tu

I think the prototype has been cast, see Gronk. If you aren't 6'5"+ now you are called undersized.

Here's how I like to look at it sometimes: I hold my thumb and forefinger 2 inches apart and ask myself if that gap is enough t make a football player. Russell Wilson says no. It helps me to look at it like that with a guy like O'Leary. I'm also blaming the 40 time on a bad hammy. I just watched him go out and make plays. (Yeah, simplistic, but so am I.)