Polish Power!!!

Babatunde Aiyegbusi's T-shirt declares "I'M KIND OF A BIG DEAL," as if anyone in this shopping complex coffee shop wouldn't have noticed.

The massive Polish offensive tackle is listed at 6-9 and 351 pounds on the Minnesota Vikings' roster, and his American dream is outsized to match, weeks after he became one of the most improbable prospects ever to ink an NFL contract.

"He was like, 'Are you not happy?' I said, 'I will be happy when I put (Houston Texans star) J.J. Watt to the ground.''

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2015/04/15/poland-babatunde-aiyegbusi-gives-vikings-big-presence/25835371/

Yea but how many 6'9" polish guys does it take to change a light bulb?

two. One to unscrew the old one and another to screw in the new one.

Not cool here in Buffalo :thumbdown: you just lost my respect

He can't be a native Pole with that name. Did he immigrate from Africa?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/165222/babatunde-aiyegbusi-journeys-from-poland-with-nfl-dream

no Warsaw

"He was like, 'Are you not happy?' I said, 'I will be happy when I put (Houston Texans star) J.J. Watt to the ground.''

He might never play in the NFL, but no need to insult the young man

Edited by ALF

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/165222/babatunde-aiyegbusi-journeys-from-poland-with-nfl-dream

no Warsaw

How did I insult him? All I said was he didn't have a Polish name. Reading the article it says his dad is Nigerian. Hence the name, but he was born in Poland. Edited by PromoTheRobot

no Warsaw

calm down dude

Babatunde Aiyegbusi's T-shirt declares "I'M KIND OF A BIG DEAL," as if anyone in this shopping complex coffee shop wouldn't have noticed.

The massive Polish offensive tackle is listed at 6-9 and 351 pounds on the Minnesota Vikings' roster, and his American dream is outsized to match, weeks after he became one of the most improbable prospects ever to ink an NFL contract.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2015/04/15/poland-babatunde-aiyegbusi-gives-vikings-big-presence/25835371/

Just mention offense tackle list at 6-9 and 351 pounds is impressive enough. His nationality does not add to his resume. It is like saying EJ Manuel the black QB. It is not necessary. :)

Big lineman doesn't automatically mean he can play. It reminds me of Mike Williams.

Just mention offense tackle list at 6-9 and 351 pounds is impressive enough. His nationality does not add to his resume. It is like saying EJ Manuel the black QB. It is not necessary. :)

Big lineman doesn't automatically mean he can play. It reminds me of Mike Williams.

It reminds me of when Mandarich said (as a rookie) that he was going to rip Bruce Smith's face off. How did that work out?

They refer to him as "Polish" not because he is of Polish decent (many of us are), but because he is a native of Poland.

Incidentally, I had no idea that Janikowski was born in Poland.

Edited by MaineMoxie

They refer to him as "Polish" not because he is of Polish decent (many of us are), but because he is a native of Poland.

Incidentally, I had no idea that Janikowski was born in Poland.

I believe that USA article mentioned that his mother is Polish. Therefore he is of Polish descent. Surname notwithstanding.

I believe that USA article mentioned that his mother is Polish. Therefore he is of Polish descent. Surname notwithstanding.

but he is also of Nigerian descent. one does not negate the other.

it's not that he is Polish (actually half) but that he actually comes from Poland that makes him unique as not many foreign born players make it to the NFL.

Believe it or not in this PC fantasy world, ethnicity still is an important way of identifying ones self.

"He was like, 'Are you not happy?' I said, 'I will be happy when I put (Houston Texans star) final coat of wax on J.J. Watt's car and he gives me big tip to the ground.''

The more likely outcome of NFL career.

because you are jumping to unreasonable conclusions?

he does make a point, if those comments were made about backs or Arabs or most other nationalities people would "offended". I think a little good natured ribbing is fine as long as it doesn't get hateful.

Thought for sure this was going to be another Ivan Putski thread. :)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Loved Putski, probably I was subconsciously reminded of him when I named the thread.

marcelina_zawadzka_miss_polonia_2011.jpg

Poland does a bevy of beauties

https://www.google.com/search?q=justyna+gradek&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LdIyVYrkCMH9ggSCsICoAw&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=471

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Well.... For Bruce...

It occurred to me that many of our lucky posters are too young to remember this. :)

Several years ago I had coffee with Jumbo Elliot and (what a surprise) was picking his brain about blockers. I will never forget his comments about Bruce. He drew a clear picture of what it was like to play against him, and Elliot was great imo.

JJ Watt is one of only 3 other DEs that I put in a class with Bruce and a rookie is calling him out!?? History truly does repeat itself and if these two ever play, I would bet my car against 10 bucks that JJ kicks his ass.