Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live about ten minutes from Boca airport should I drive over and see what's going on? I could also swing by Terry and Kim's.

If you wouldn't be bothered? That sure would be swell Chris. if you need some gas money, i have a paypal account. And i am quite sure we would chip in for small, yet sufficient expense account for your efforts?

Wrong. This is fat Joe; I'm not a player was a Big Pun song.

I think we're both right. I know it's Fat Joe. Pretty sure his song 'What's Luv?' featuring Ashanti uses that line in one of the verses. Could be wrong though....all this free agency stuff has me goofy.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

This guy is actually a journalist for the Sun Sentinel?

@OmarKelly: "@kylefaulkner00: @TheBillsMafia @OmarKelly = #softlikearipetomato" » Are Bills fans mad cause Charles Clay doesn't wanna be with them?

@OmarKelly: Or are they mad cause they've been covered in snow for half a year? Things that make you wonder. http://t.co/1qa3i1Ry0d

@OmarKelly: "@kylefaulkner00: @TheBillsMafia @OmarKelly = #softlikearipetomato" » Are Bills fans mad cause Charles Clay doesn't wanna be with them?

@OmarKelly: Or are they mad cause they've been covered in snow for half a year? Things that make you wonder. http://t.co/1qa3i1Ry0d

I just tweeted back:

Are Dolphins fans worried that maybe Clay just wants to play in a stadium that is more than half full when its "sold out", lmao!!

Omar Kelly doesn't have "sources", according to many Dolphins fans and WGR's Sal Capaccio (he lived in Southern Florida for many years), amongst others. He's just a **** stirrer, like Jerry Sullivan. Whenever there is inside information to what the Miami Dolphins are planning, Omar Kelly is usually the last to know.

You're misinformed, he is the Fins beat writer and is very in the know. I hear him and Joe Rose everyday, it's not gospel but it's always solid. He is very knowledgable and tells it like it is. I can only go on what I have read of Sullys and the boards postings and they aren't the same.

He's no Tim graham!

If I have a bill to pay, and I can have either 5 days or a couple weeks to figure out how to pay it...I will take the extra time, because it is beneficial to me, not the bill collector.

Miami is benefitting from the extra time. Bottom line. No matter what happens, they WILL know how much the offer sheet is for and have time to figure it out and match it.

I won't be surprised to see him re-signed in Miami before Buffalo evens puts an offer sheet on the table, that is the point...huge waste of time and resources.

Did I?

"Their biggest mistake was letting him leave *WITHOUT AN OFFER*...there is zero chance they get him now."

Try again.

hi I don't understand Negotiating or business....is what your posts should all say

My two potential possibilities as to what's causing the hold-up:

• Bills have already submitted the offer sheet, Clay has signed it, and we are actually already day(s) into the 5 day waiting period. However, with all of this 'insiders' sniffing around, I would be shocked that it hasn't been leaked to someone so far. So probably a longshot.
  • Bills and Clay have mutual interest, however both are concerned that the Dolphins will match any fair-market value contract offer. So they're hoping that by waiting it out, Miami may lift the tag. Unfortunately, Miami does have cap room and this most likely won't happen. So my guess is that Buffalo not only has to be creative with how they structure the contract, but they may have to massively overpay (ie $8-9+ per year).

Just my two cents...

You're misinformed, he is the Fins beat writer and is very in the know. I hear him and Joe Rose everyday, it's not gospel but it's always solid. He is very knowledgable and tells it like it is. I can only go on what I have read of Sullys and the boards postings and they aren't the same.

I met Omar Kelly when he was in Buffalo for the Bills/Fish game. He is indeed their beat writer and travels with the team. He is highly respected by fish fans and very much in the know.

Didn't say it did....and for the record, he is a huge a-hole. Very opinionated and condescending know it all that did not know $&*# about the Bills.

You would think that because the bills are in the AFC East like the team he covers....he would make sure he is VERY versed in the bills....

I mean...lets face it....its not like miami is the patriots or anything