[closed]Charles Clay to Bills? - the sequel/trilogy

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The irony is what may end up happening is that the Dolphins give the Bills an exclusive right to negotiate with Clay (sort of). If he agrees to their offer sheet the Dolphins cut everyone else out by not letting him become a UFA. They may actually be helping if the Bills don't believe that the Fins will match. Get Clay on the best deal that you can and let Miami decline it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

So the bills dropped 2 TE's and Miami signs Cameron... It all points to buffalo, but what if we get out bid? Did we screw ourselves over? We might have banked on a not so sure thing. I hope Whaley is smarter than that

Edited by SJDK

So the bills dropped 2 TE's and Miami signs Cameron... It all points to buffalo, but what if we get out bid? Did we screw ourselves over? We might have banked on a not so sure thing. I hope Whaley is smarter than that

Or chandler was out either way?

Sal Capaccio retweeted

2gun8udA_bigger.jpegJoseph Santora ‏@santrizzle23 55s55 seconds ago

@SalSports yup I got it from the Dolphins beat reporter

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 56s57 seconds ago

Wait. Is that real? RT @santrizzle23: @SalSports even the Dolphins screwed up his name

B_8V25mVIAAG7Fs.jpg

Meh a rich mans scott Chandler

We're in a no-lose situation, if we bid high & Miami matches it then Miami will be strapped going forward. If Miami doesn't match, then Clay is ours.

I wouldn't mind seeing us pull in Blalock too.

Edited by BuffaloFan68

We're in a no-loose situation, if we bid high & Miami matches it then Miami will be strapped going forward. If Miami doesn't match, then Clay is ours.

I wouldn't mind seeing us pull in Blalock too.

A tight situation indeed.

I live in the Bay Area and the idea that roman is tightend crazy is just not right. He barely used Davis last year http://www.nfl.com/player/vernondavis/2495826/careerstats, he's more of a fullback/Hback guy. He likes roll out passes coupled with play action. Lots of slants and vertical routes some deep outs. Might favor EJ a lot. Not many slow developing deep crosses from the pocket like Marrone...err uh Hackett called. I'd bet that he likes Grey a lot. Not saying he wouldn't like Clay

Edited by SJDK

Mark Gaughn of the Buffalo News. Any deeper meaning behind it or just a throwaway comment?

@gggaughan: At least the Browns have Thad Lewis.

Looks like he's just making fun of the browns.

I live in the Bay Area and the idea that roman is tightend crazy is just not right. He barely used Davis last year http://www.nfl.com/player/vernondavis/2495826/careerstats, he's more of a fullback/Hback guy. He likes roll out passes coupled with play action. Lots of slants and vertical routes some deep outs. Might favor EJ a lot. Not many slow developing deep crosses from the pocket like Marrone...err uh Hackett called. I'd bet that he likes Grey a lot. Not saying he wouldn't like Clay

Clay is basically that HB/TE that you are talking about in Romans offense. Which is probably why they rely want to get him.

I think what you described is exactly why he does want Clay. Watch some videos of Clay, he is not a typically tight end at all. He's slightly undersized to be the Gronk-nobody can stop me-type. Miami actually lined him up as a HB and FB on occasion and he carried the ball out of the backfield successfully. He can do that while also lining up as a TE and he's fast enough to get open on inside slant routes and such. Roman wants him because of his versatility and the misdirection we can use him for.

I think what you described is exactly why he does want Clay. Watch some videos of Clay, he is not a typically tight end at all. He's slightly undersized to be the Gronk-nobody can stop me-type. Miami actually lined him up as a HB and FB on occasion and he carried the ball out of the backfield successfully. He can do that while also lining up as a TE and he's fast enough to get open on inside slant routes and such. Roman wants him because of his versatility and the misdirection we can use him for.

i agree I think Clay along with Grey will make Roman happy as long as we add a blocking TE (cheap free agent or draft)

Edited by SJDK