Fitz to Jets - trade complete

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Fitz as our Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton. Veteran backup who is ready to go in just in case. I still think the Jets will somehow either get Mariotta or have a trade with the Eagles to get Bradford plus picks

I see Fitz as our Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton. Veteran backup who is ready to go in just in case. I still think the Jets will somehow either get Mariotta or have a trade with the Eagles to get Bradford plus picks

That's exactly what those guys should be. Good backups/ spot starters. Expecting anything more is silly. You are better going with a young guy because there is a cap on how far those veteran guys can take you.

It's why I hated the Orton thing and it looks even worse now that Marrone and Orton are both gone.

That's exactly what those guys should be. Good backups/ spot starters. Expecting anything more is silly. You are better going with a young guy because there is a cap on how far those veteran guys can take you.

It's why I hated the Orton thing and it looks even worse now that Marrone and Orton are both gone.

Yes but the problem is that EJ has shown nothing to indicate that he will ever be a top tier QB, and has shown signs of why he will not.

Now, I happily concede that he was not used properly. He imo needs to be a running qb but he didn't look so good in this area either.

I predict that EJ will not win the starting job. It would be great if he did win it and went on to produce, but I just am not seeing it. But fear not, I thought that Rob Johnson was going to be a star because I was mesmerized by his talent. :oops::D

Yes but the problem is that EJ has shown nothing to indicate that he will ever be a top tier QB, and has shown signs of why he will not.

Now, I happily concede that he was not used properly. He imo needs to be a running qb but he didn't look so good in this area either.

I predict that EJ will not win the starting job. It would be great if he did win it and went on to produce, but I just am not seeing it. But fear not, I thought that Rob Johnson was going to be a star because I was mesmerized by his talent. :oops::D

It's fair though I think he has had more moments than you (Pats game, 2nd Jets game, Panthers). You love Mallett and I've never seen anything special about him. IT's ok to have different opinions.

Fans and media love to call out busts after 1 or 2 years. I'm more patient and realize it's a process, especially at the QB position. But he certainly needs to earn it.

I will say if it is close between Cassel and Manuel, they should give it to EJ. Cassel is who he is at this point.

And it's not like I've won a bet with you before. (cough, signature, cough). :)

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Actually pretty worried about this. Would have much rather faced Geno. Say what you want about Fitz, the dude is a gamer.

Until late in the game when he finds a way to choke the game away.

Actually pretty worried about this. Would have much rather faced Geno. Say what you want about Fitz, the dude is a gamer.

Please look this up in your urban dictionary.

Fitz is a lot of things but he is not a gamer.

Great guy, good Vet to have around with starting experience. He is absolutely not a gamer. For every win vs NE he has three terrible loses at the end. Like the Titans game from later that year.

Fitzy's on a personal mission to play for every team in the League during his career. Thing is, every team he's played for believe his career is over.. We had him completely figured out last season and their offense only mustered 1drive the whole game. Fitzy didn't win that game, Manuel lost it -and his job.

Fitz is a big upgrade over Geno, and could either start if necessary or mentor a rookie. Good move by the Jets.

Fitz had a good year with Gailey, and Gailey seemed able to find ways to put Fitz in a position to succeed. Good move for Fitz.

Fitz is a great guy and I wish him the best, except when playing the Bills. I don't think the Jets will be very good this year but they have added several important pieces to some they already had. I think they'll pick up CJ Spiller but not Fred Jackson -- they already have Chris Ivory who in some ways is a younger version of Fred.

The Jets are doing well guys. Fitz is Fitz as we know, he will win them games and lose them games. With that new HC their D should be much better too. Brandon Marhsall is a stud and they got a good FA G too.

You know their old HC was pretty good at defense too...

What you're seeing here is a version of whathappened in Buffalo for the last 5-6 years.

Dysfunctional ownership and bad drafting leads to a situation where there is no stable leadership and few high quality veterans.

Now they have to field a team with a lot of people who wouldn't really be starting elsewhere in the league alongside the occasional big name veteran who will be enough to sell season tickets.

Edited by BeefWeck

The Jets are doing well guys. Fitz is Fitz as we know, he will win them games and lose them games. With that new HC their D should be much better too. Brandon Marhsall is a stud and they got a good FA G too.

Yeah, there won't be any issues between Brandon Marshall and Fitzy during the year. :lol:

Fitz is a big upgrade over Geno, and could either start if necessary or mentor a rookie. Good move by the Jets.Fitz had a good year with Gailey, and Gailey seemed able to find ways to put Fitz in a position to succeed. Good move for Fitz.Fitz is a great guy and I wish him the best, except when playing the Bills. I don't think the Jets will be very good this year but they have added several important pieces to some they already had. I think they'll pick up CJ Spiller but not Fred Jackson -- they already have Chris Ivory who in some ways is a younger version of Fred.

IDK if a record of 20-33 as a bills starter and going 6-10 for Gailey is considered being put in a postion to succeed, and getting a extension that is one of the teams worst ever. I'll go on a ledge and say maybe Gailey put his faith in the wrong guy. Glad both of them are on the Jets now, so the Bills can continue there dominance Over that team.

I'm not sure that the Bills are in any better shape than the Jets or the Dolphins at this point. I would give the Bills a slight edge over the Jets in terms of their respective defenses although they're both top ten- probably both top five- defenses. I would give the Jets a slight edge at QB now over the Bills. I think the Bills only clear cut position of dominance over the rest of the division is at running back. If we play to our strengths and really do ground and pound I think that gives us our best chance to win. I think the AFC East will be VASTLY improved and might even be the best division in football next year.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm not sure that the Bills are in any better shape than the Jets or the Dolphins at this point. I would give the Bills a slight edge over the Jets in terms of their respective defenses although they're both top ten- probably both top five- defenses. I would give the Jets a slight edge at QB now over the Bills. I think the Bills only clear cut position of dominance over the rest of the division is at running back. If we play to our strengths and really do ground and pound I think that gives us our best chance to win. I think the AFC East will be VASTLY improved and might even be the best division in football next year.

especially if the play action gets rolling and our qb can connect on a few big plays every now and again.

The AFC East is going to be BANANAS next year. Just with the move of Rex to Buffalo the division got a jolt, games between the Bills and Jets and *pats will all have a little extra flavor. Now with the arms race going on in the division the past week and change, it's only gotten more fun. You're right that the division will be vastly improved all around, and it should be a lot of fun to watch.

Though I feel the Jets aren't in that great of shape, and the Dolphins are awful. I'm not scared of either of those teams as a Bills fan. But that's me.

*great shape and awful compared to the Bills, not overall.

Eggggggggcellent. Now..... Some one find Tyler thigpens phone number.

every bit of 6-10

Remember, they went 6-10 with a dumpster fire of a defense.... what would they have done with a stout defense, which the Jets will likely have?

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Jets and the Bills have similar records this year, with a similar method of winning.