Cyrus Kouandjio not wasting any time prepping for 2015

Woods didn't fall in the draft because of mental issues, I have never read (or heard) anything like that and I watched the guy's play in college pretty closely. He slipped, despite being the best route runner and run blocker in that WR class because of concerns over his ankle injury and, partially, because of the emergence of Lee at USC during Woods' final season. Does anyone really think Austin, Hunter, Patterson or Hopkins are significantly better than Woody? I think of all the guys taken over him, I'd rather have Woods over any of them except maybe (maybe) Hopkins.

Woods has always been scrappy, despite JTSP declaration that "Woods isn't physical enough for the NFL", but it's never been an issue on or off the field for the guy. Well I take that back, he did get thrown out after punching a dude, but that was the first time I recall him being booted from a game at any level. Marrone and him clashed, but I'm not certain it's fair to say he led the mutiny against EJ. Though I can see how you can make that case with the body language during the Houston debacle.

As a pure WR, he is definitely better than all those guys, except, like you said, Hopkins. Could go either way there.

I could've sworn that I read that there were some personality concerns with Woods.

Like you said, he was a scrappy, fiery guy and I wasn't really surprised by his clash with Marrone. And c'mon, he played him with the two's in a preseason game. Talk about a non-factor on the season for a punishment.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a pure WR, he is definitely better than all those guys, except, like you said, Hopkins. Could go either way there.

I could've sworn that I read that there were some personality concerns with Woods.

Like you said, he was a scrappy, fiery guy and I wasn't really surprised by his clash with Marrone. And c'mon, he played him with the two's in a preseason game. Talk about a non-factor on the season for a punishment.

:beer: I admit it's a tiny quibble. Was just piling on to the toughness question.

Let me ask you another: Who was the coach that let Nigel Bradham know that if he didn't step up, he was on his way out?

Is there a coach that would give a mid rounder (drafted under a previous coach) making headlines off the field but not on the field a different message?

I assume marrone, Schwartz, pettine, whaley, his agent and mother all delivered that message to Nigel.

Is there a coach that would give a mid rounder (drafted under a previous coach) making headlines off the field but not on the field a different message?

I assume marrone, Schwartz, pettine, whaley, his agent and mother all delivered that message to Nigel.

Seeing as the general consensus is that Marrone was an incompetent buffoon, any example of standard competence becomes notable.

No 5th round OL pick from an offense like Baylor would be expected to contribute significantly as a rookie.

John Urschel from Penn State (Canisius H.S.) was drafted in the fifth round by Baltimore. By the end of the season he was starting and playing well. I don't care what offense he played at Baylor Urschel is a better pro now and will continue to be a better player than Richardson.

No, now it says...

Lets make sure we play like the fing Buffalo Bills and not some fing slap-d team. Do we understand what the f I want to see? Now lets go eat a goddamn snack.

I tell you what the quality of snacks is about to get much better at OBD.

• 3 weeks later...

Since everyone has sources now, I figured I'd pass along my own. Take however you wanna take it. :)

My friend's boss is friendly with Whaley and Ray Farmer. Anyways, Whaley said CK was worried about his family being displaced (they are from Africa) and about concerned about their safety. It was on going all season and he was a mess about it. Apparently, everything has been taken care of and they are safe. He has been crushing it in the weight room.

Now, this doesn't mean he will become a star but players are people like us. Hopefully with his family safe, he will have a much clearer head all season.

Since everyone has sources now, I figured I'd pass along my own. Take however you wanna take it. :)

My friend's boss is friendly with Whaley and Ray Farmer. Anyways, Whaley said CK was worried about his family being displaced (they are from Africa) and about concerned about their safety. It was on going all season and he was a mess about it. Apparently, everything has been taken care of and they are safe. He has been crushing it in the weight room.

Now, this doesn't mean he will become a star but players are people like us. Hopefully with his family safe, he will have a much clearer head all season.

Displaced and safety where? I thought he moved to the US with his family at 4 years old.

Edited by FireChan

Absolutely. I remember when Dareus and Stevie had deaths in the family and their play was noticeably affected.

Glad to hear the circumstances have turned for him and hope he is well and productive for us this year!

yikes... Good to hear

John Urschel from Penn State (Canisius H.S.) was drafted in the fifth round by Baltimore. By the end of the season he was starting and playing well. I don't care what offense he played at Baylor Urschel is a better pro now and will continue to be a better player than Richardson.

It happens. They are not expected to come in and play. Just look at the 5th round in any year, how many play right away, how many play well right away, how many ever amount to anything. And Penn State is a big difference from Baylor in what Urschel was taught fundamentally versus what the Baylor Ogs were taught.

I really liked the Cyrus pick. I was shocked at how slow and powerless he looked in pre-season and when they put him in at guard. Hopefully him working on his conditioning and footwork in the off-season helps with those mobility issues. Not everyone develops instantly, it wasn't long ago Aaron Williams was hated and thought of as a lost talent.

I really liked the Cyrus pick. I was shocked at how slow and powerless he looked in pre-season and when they put him in at guard. Hopefully him working on his conditioning and footwork in the off-season helps with those mobility issues. Not everyone develops instantly, it wasn't long ago Aaron Williams was hated and thought of as a lost talent.

A fifth round pick is a project by definition.

You might be thinking of Cyril.

I was referring to Cyril not Cyrus, that is who we were talking about in the post I responded to. That Whaley spent a 5th and 7th round pick on OL guys that weren't immediate good players.

EDIT. You're right, my bad, I was referring to JohnC and my discussion above that one, about Cyril.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

the OL school he is attending has made huge improvements for past players that have attended it. Looking forward to seeing how he develops this year

Ruben Brown thinks we should move Glenn to LG (even though he thinks Glenn is a very good LT), Henderson to LT so they can play together, and then put Kujo at RT.

I'm not sure about that unless we can still lock up Glenn long term. I have confidence that Kromer and Roman can make Henderson a very good player. Hopefully Kujo, too, but that remains to be seen for both of them, obviously.

I was referring to Cyril not Cyrus, that is who we were talking about in the post I responded to. That Whaley spent a 5th and 7th round pick on OL guys that weren't immediate good players.

You responded to two posts. One response was to a post about Cyril, the other poster was talking about Cyrus.

Ah... now I see that. You're right. I misread billsfan89's post about Cyrus just after JohnC and I had been discussing 5th rounders and Cyril.

My bad.

Too many Cy's on this team.

the OL school he is attending has made huge improvements for past players that have attended it. Looking forward to seeing how he develops this year

Much like EJ Manuel

It is in the best interests of the team that Kujo turns things around and moves forward with a great career.......

Free agents are expensive........draft picks lesser so.........you biuld a great team by drafting great

Bills will draft best available OG or OT in 2nd round. Depending on who they get will determine who may move from tackle to guard. With this approach it will be easier to find the 5 best available for the O line instead of having to force someone at guard with the mindset that Henderson or Glenn are OT only.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure they have a standard on where you place your hands in order to keep it even. Not sure on this but it would make sense

i don't know either - would make sense. But Clowney did 21 last year too and that's what was said about his arms being so long. Though Mario did 35 back in '06. Edited by YoloinOhio