Cyrus Kouandjio not wasting any time prepping for 2015

I'm pretty sure they have a standard on where you place your hands in order to keep it even. Not sure on this but it would make sense

Are his arms that much longer than others at his position? How much longer are we talking about? Aren't they selected for their long arms?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least, please be active for most of the season.

Kujo was an outcast last year, Sitting by himself on the bench, hardly talking to any teammates.

This guy needs a complete attitude adjustment. Hopefully this was his wake up call.

Imo

At the very least, please be active for most of the season.

Kujo was an outcast last year, Sitting by himself on the bench, hardly talking to any teammates.

This guy needs a complete attitude adjustment. Hopefully this was his wake up call.

Imo

If the family issues are true, it's easy to see how he could be a bit lost. Sounds like he's back refocused

If the family issues are true, it's easy to see how he could be a bit lost. Sounds like he's back refocused

The Family excuse just doesn't make sense. If he was having family issues his teammates would've rallied him and supported him until the issues were resolved.

He was a loner last year, hopefully the new crew sees pontential.

Imo

The Family excuse just doesn't make sense. If he was having family issues his teammates would've rallied him and supported him until the issues were resolved.

He was a loner last year, hopefully the new crew sees pontential.

Imo

Weird that a 20 year old, in a new city with guys older, more proven and some much richer and a hard ass coach might retreat a bit with family and professional troubles. SHOCKING that not everyone reacts the same.

Weird that a 20 year old, in a new city with guys older, more proven and some much richer and a hard ass coach might retreat a bit with family and professional troubles. SHOCKING that not everyone reacts the same.

The thing is if it truly is a mental block and not a physical one.....you might see the greatest turnaround in Kujo of all time....

Might be the perfect storm for him

Agreed. It's a great point to keep in mind, he's young. Last year couldn't have been easy. I imagine the loner label will be easy enough to shed with the way Rex runs things.

The GM ultimately makes the draft selections. Kujo was a Whaley pick as was Richardson. They both mightedly struggled.

It doesn't matter how you shuffled the players on our OL they were sub par. They played down to their talent level. The line will be better this year because it will have a number of different players playing on the line.

I'm gonna go with 2 maybe new guards. Other than that it will be the same line.

John Urschel from Penn State (Canisius H.S.) was drafted in the fifth round by Baltimore. By the end of the season he was starting and playing well. I don't care what offense he played at Baylor Urschel is a better pro now and will continue to be a better player than Richardson.

The point he is making and you made for him is Urshel went to a legit offensive system in college. Battle id's a joke. It's just spread and beat em with speed. Hows RG3 doing. Terrance Williams? Bryce petty will probably be next in line for long development. That offense does not get you ready for the pros in the least. He'll that whole division is predicated on speed. And high scoring. It just does not translate.

Displaced and safety where? I thought he moved to the US with his family at 4 years old.

He can't have cousins grand parents aunts uncles?

I'm pretty sure they have a standard on where you place your hands in order to keep it even. Not sure on this but it would make sense

you are correct

i don't know either - would make sense. But Clowney did 21 last year too and that's what was said about his arms being so long. Though Mario did 35 back in '06.

Because he's Mario lol duh. I one read an article that said Mario could incline bench 385. Challenged his rookie year

The point he is making and you made for him is Urshel went to a legit offensive system in college. Battle id's a joke. It's just spread and beat em with speed. Hows RG3 doing. Terrance Williams? Bryce petty will probably be next in line for long development. That offense does not get you ready for the pros in the least. He'll that whole division is predicated on speed. And high scoring. It just does not transla

One organization drafts a player in the same round but after us who is more pro ready because he played in a more pro style program in college By the end of his rookie seaon the former Penn St.player is playing as an accomplished player. The Bills drafted a player who played in college in a system that doesn't translate well to the pro game in the same round ahead of the Penn ST. drafted player. The end result is that in his rookie year he is so overwhelmed that he is yanked off the field and anchored to the bench.

Which organization do you believe made the wiser draft selectiion?

One organization drafts a player in the same round but after us who is more pro ready because he played in a more pro style program in college By the end of his rookie seaon the former Penn St.player is playing as an accomplished player. The Bills drafted a player who played in college in a system that doesn't translate well to the pro game in the same round ahead of the Penn ST. drafted player. The end result is that in his rookie year he is so overwhelmed that he is yanked off the field and anchored to the bench.

given hindsight, the decision does seem obvious. but if any 5th round picks were obvious than the draft would be a lot easier. we will see where the guys progress to as their careers go.

given hindsight, the decision does seem obvious. but if any 5th round picks were obvious than the draft would be a lot easier. we will see where the guys progress to as their careers go.

For me on this issue isn't about hindsight and gratuitous second-guessing. This issue comes down to how do you evaluate players and positions. With linemen the Bills took the approach that bigger is better even at the expense of mobility. Joe Delamilure (sic) was on WGR last year and gave his opinion that the felt that the Bills approach toward drafting offensive linemen was very flawed. He said that he places more value on athleticism, mobility and the ability to use leverage over big and brawny prospects who have slow feet.

If you compare the physical profiles between Richardson and Urschel you are comparing competing physical attributes that go into evaluating a position. If Joe D was making the evaluation prior to the draft his preference would overwhelmingly be for Urshel over the lumbering Richardson. In the same WGR segment Joe D was asked about Kujo. He said that he wouldn't have selected him because he had slow feet and wasn't athletic enough for him to react to the quick defensive linemen he is going against.

Especially under Nix the Bills had an evaluatiion system that was biased toward one's physical profile. His evaluators in tune with his approach very often favored the bigger prospect over the smaller prospect who was more productive on the field. Under his physical profile evaluating system Nix would prefer the classic sized EJ Manuel type qb over the smaller Russell Wilson when evaluating them as prospects.

I consider Ozzie Newsome to be one of the best GMs and talent evaluators in the business. His drafting of Urshel after our drafting of Richardson is a good demonstration why his team has been immensely more successful than ours.

For me on this issue isn't about hindsight and gratuitous second-guessing. This issue comes down to how do you evaluate players and positions. With linemen the Bills took the approach that bigger is better even at the expense of mobility. Joe Delamilure (sic) was on WGR last year and gave his opinion that the felt that the Bills approach toward drafting offensive linemen was very flawed. He said that he places more value on athleticism, mobility and the ability to use leverage over big and brawny prospects who have slow feet.

If you compare the physical profiles between Richardson and Urschel you are comparing competing physical attributes that go into evaluating a position. If Joe D was making the evaluation prior to the draft his preference would overwhelmingly be for Urshel over the lumbering Richardson. In the same WGR segment Joe D was asked about Kujo. He said that he wouldn't have selected him because he had slow feet and wasn't athletic enough for him to react to the quick defensive linemen he is going against.

Especially under Nix the Bills had an evaluatiion system that was biased toward one's physical profile. His evaluators in tune with his approach very often favored the bigger prospect over the smaller prospect who was more productive on the field. Under his physical profile evaluating system Nix would prefer the classic sized EJ Manuel type qb over the smaller Russell Wilson when evaluating them as prospects.

I consider Ozzie Newsome to be one of the best GMs and talent evaluators in the business. His drafting of Urshel after our drafting of Richardson is a good demonstration why his team has been immensely more successful than ours.

and yet it went a long way to developing the roster we are so proud of today (minus the qb).

Getting the physical specimen can be a great way to build a bigger, faster, meaner roster with more high end potential. weve done very well with a lot of those guys. i know you love this example or urshel vs richardson, but i think you overstate its significance a little. im sure you feel the same, but i hope kujo comes in and makes you and joe d feel silly this year. hes very young and its very early.

I'm gonna go with 2 maybe new guards. Other than that it will be the same line.

The point he is making and you made for him is Urshel went to a legit offensive system in college. Battle id's a joke. It's just spread and beat em with speed. Hows RG3 doing. Terrance Williams? Bryce petty will probably be next in line for long development. That offense does not get you ready for the pros in the least. He'll that whole division is predicated on speed. And high scoring. It just does not translate.

He can't have cousins grand parents aunts uncles?

you are correct

Because he's Mario lol duh. I one read an article that said Mario could incline bench 385. Challenged his rookie year

Marcus Dupree (6' 3" 225) benched 400 lbs 10 times....as a senior in high school.

He looked like he had pretty long arms....

And look what happened to him! ;)

The 30 on 30 about Dupree was another in a seemingly endless series of good ones.

They replayed it last night, after the excellent Randy Moss one.

Moss was an incredible athlete. 6' 4" and he was elbow high on the rim. and 4.25 40? Insane.

i'm in the Joe D camp.. i think the toughest coaching job this season will be getting some mobility out of our over-sized linemen.. if you can't pull your guards to get playside, it will require some creativity in designing our power running game. remember, the idea is to get more blockers playside than the defense can handle. anyone who gets to camp this summer might want to check which linemen are participating in the 'pull' drills.. i'm thinking they all will - so Kromer can get an idea of who can do what to help the cause.. man, i hope he's not too disappointed

Obviously Baltimore... but what are you saying? I just said Richardson was inferior. What does that have to do with draft placement? Lets do Dareus v JJ Watt. TJ Graham v Russell Wilson... Tom Brady v Everyone. You confirmed the point. But one was accomplished in college. One was not. Richardson got eaten up at senior bowl too. But he is 6'4" 350. They liked the size. Just because they were drafted 5th round means absolutely nothing when it comes to equity. Edited by Agent 91

Marcus Dupree (6' 3" 225) benched 400 lbs 10 times....as a senior in high school.

He looked like he had pretty long arms....

You do see i said incline right? And how many people do you know can do that. Im 6'6 with 36 inch arms and the most i ever benched was 315 for 13. Same time i was able to only bench like 265 on incline and that was only maybe 3. There is a HUGE difference between incline and flat. Also... was it in a combine settings where they make you place your hands in a specific place. Thats very important Edited by Agent 91

Agreed. It's a great point to keep in mind, he's young. Last year couldn't have been easy. I imagine the loner label will be easy enough to shed with the way Rex runs things.

REX: "Are you tellin' me you NEVER fired a crossbow? Common over here. Let me show you how it's done!"

and yet it went a long way to developing the roster we are so proud of today (minus the qb).

Getting the physical specimen can be a great way to build a bigger, faster, meaner roster with more high end potential. weve done very well with a lot of those guys. i know you love this example or urshel vs richardson, but i think you overstate its significance a little. im sure you feel the same, but i hope kujo comes in and makes you and joe d feel silly this year. hes very young and its very early.

Whaley is making addressing the OL a priority not because he was satisfied with the status quo. He was willing to take a player with a troubled pass, Incognito, because he wasn't satisfied with the talent he had. Pears is another lineman who falls in the big and bulky class who was let go. There is a strong probability that an OLineman will be taken with one of their two top picks.

I want Kujo to be a contributing player for us. But I have some concerns that he is capable of playing either tackle position because of his lack of mobility and athleticism for the position. As a fall back option he might be more suited for the guard position than the tackle positions.

Joe D is a HOF lineman. His views on the position are based on his experience as a player and as someone who has coached the position. You don't have to agree with his philosophy on how to approach evaluating prospects for the line without acknowledging that his approach is well-thought out and reasoned.

and yet it went a long way to developing the roster we are so proud of today (minus the qb)

The best players on the DL and OL are players who are athletic and can move. That includes Dareus and Williams on the DL.

You do see i said incline right? And how many people do you know can do that. Im 6'6 with 36 inch arms and the most i ever benched was 315 for 13. Same time i was able to only bench like 265 on incline and that was only maybe 3. There is a HUGE difference between incline and flat. Also... was it in a combine settings where they make you place your hands in a specific place. Thats very important

Yes, I saw that. My point was more directed at the poster who excused Cyrus's lower weight due to arm length.

It was in his high school weight room in front of a coach from Oklahoma. Not sure exactly where his hands were. It was 400 lbs...10 reps...17 years old..

Yes, I saw that. My point was more directed at the poster who excused Cyrus's lower weight due to arm length.

It was in his high school weight room in front of a coach from Oklahoma. Not sure exactly where his hands were. It was 400 lbs...10 reps...17 years old..

From working with strength athletes, I can say that people with longer limbs definitely have more work to do to bench the same weight as people with short limbs. It's one of the reasons that I, as a 5'6" guy with very short arms, can bench more weight than a number of trained 6'0" guys that outweigh me by 50 lbs.

Of course, there's other factors involved as well, such as natural chest circumference, lower arm-to-upper arm length ratio, etc.

Edited by thebandit27