Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, Alonso led the team with 11 stuffs in 2013. Most came after the first five games. He had 2 in the first 5 games and 9 in the final 11. (This is for those saying he declined precipitously after game 5.)

He clearly declined, although he was still very good. Also all of his INTs were in first few games. But there is no question he was getting handled a little better by blockers the second half of the season. He was also still playing at a high level because his instincts are so good and he diagnoses plays very fast and has good athleticism. Not sure his body can take the pounding. He's a very, very good player we are giving away.

I also agree that we will be paying Dareus a ton, and Gilmore a ton and Bradham a half ton. So we may only have been able to keep him for two years.

Well, first and foremost, he's had time to calm down and think about it. I guarantee he's not feeling as bad about it today as he was last night. And he wont feel as bad about it tomorrow as he does today.

Look, people in general hate change. No player likes surprise trades. Its unsettling and brings in all sorts of levels on uncertainty. The initial reaction is always sour.

All these articles talking about McCoy not liking the trade are all about his initial reaction from within an hour of getting the news, and contain NO direct quotes from him.

He'll settle down once he has a chance to talk to his long-time friend Doug Whaley. And especially once we talk extending that contract with more guaranteed money.

Well said. Wait til he gets here and Thurman meets him at the stadium. Everything will be fine.

1) Gas up private jet.

2) Fly McCoy and significant other to FL

3) Terry tells McCoy tales of his Pittsburgh life

4) Bond is formed

5) Terry leads McCoy into another room where Rex and Doug are sitting

6) Doug waxes philosophical, Rex does his "thing'

7) McCoy admits he likes what he is hearing

8) Doug takes McCoy into adjacent room where JO sits

9) McCoy gets some more guaranteed $

10) He leads league in rushing.

11) During season we hear the "at first I hated the idea of coming to Buffalo, but now I love it."

1) Gas up private jet.

4) Bond is formed

11) During season we hear the "at first I hated the idea of coming to Buffalo, but now I love it."

I could actually see this happening

CBF

1) Gas up private jet.

4) Bond is formed

and /thread

no more needs to be said, exactly how it will happen : )

@JoeBuscaglia: Everybody seems to have an opinion on the #Bills McCoy-Kiko deal, the print version of 'my take' is here: http://t.co/7DTbX2jbPR

That was fast

@Jeff_McLane: Last night was obv not best for LeSean McCoy, but despite not being initially thrilled about trade he's now "ready to move on," per source.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@JoeBuscaglia: Everybody seems to have an opinion on the #Bills McCoy-Kiko deal, the print version of 'my take' is here: http://t.co/7DTbX2jbPR

That was fast

@Jeff_McLane: Last night was obv not best for LeSean McCoy, but despite not being initially thrilled about trade he's now "ready to move on," per source.

Half of the opinions out there appear to be the same recycled "Bills, LOL", "There's 7 running backs pumping gas who can run for 1,300 yards" and "Chip is a genius" opinions. Also it seems there's a lot more people who view Kiko as a "great linebacker" than there were 24 hours ago.

Half of the opinions out there appear to be the same recycled "Bills, LOL", "There's 7 running backs pumping gas who can run for 1,300 yards" and "Chip is a genius" opinions. Also it seems there's a lot more people who view Kiko as a "great linebacker" than there were 24 hours ago.

Exactly. All Eagles fans know about Alonzo is that he played at Oregon.

You may be right. I just feel like I've been burned so many times in the past (after initially cheering a trade) that I can't help but be skeptical. Anyway, I hope McCoy lights it up.

On the bright side, the certified genius Bill Belichick traded a second round pick for a 29-year old Corey Dillon who had already rushed for over 8000 yards. That worked out well, at least in the very short term. Dillon was a huge part of why the Pats went 14-2 in 2004 and won the SB. He had 1,635 rushing yards and 13 TDs. He had a couple more seasons as a JAG after that, but he wasn't useless.

This is a reverse side of a typical Bills trade where they give up on a RB with some mileage left.

Bills had a far bigger hole at RB than they did at LB. There's better bang for the buck for possible replacements at LB in free agency than at RB, especially when CJ Spiller is the headliner of the group. While Kiko is clearly better than Bradham & Brown, he wasn't a magnitude better to what McCoy brings to the RB position.

This is a reverse side of a typical Bills trade where they give up on a RB with some mileage left.

Bills had a far bigger hole at RB than they did at LB. There's better bang for the buck for possible replacements at LB in free agency than at RB, especially when CJ Spiller is the headliner of the group. While Kiko is clearly better than Bradham & Brown, he wasn't a magnitude better to what McCoy brings to the RB position.

if we get the marshawn in seattle type of contribution, its GREAT. it wouldnt be unreasonable, but not a slam dunk to happen either.

1) Gas up private jet.

4) Bond is formed

This is fan-effin-tastic!

I forgot that Pegula is a "Pennsylvania kid" just like Whaley and McCoy!

Edited by DrDareustein

no research on the Bills personnel. Surprising, he must have thrown that together quickly.

Right before it he said the Bills are deep at linebacker with Brown and Bradham and mentioned the David Harris connection.

Sometimes I really wonder if Simmons ghost writes some of his stuff or if he's just pandering to impress the boss. A comment like that is classic Simmons, present a strawman argument to try to prove your point while ignoring the point you've decided against.

Fair points.

With the addition of Shady, and already having Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin, as well as the kind of coach Roman is, the Bills will be looking for the guy that is the best play action ball handler who can through accurately downfield. EJ is a great ball handler already but his accuracy downfield is erratic, although pretty good in college and he has a strong arm. Hoyer is pretty good with the ball but not a great arm. Not sure how good Locker is with the ball and he's inaccurate but strong arm. Moore is good with the ball and decent downfield. He's still the best bet IMO. This helps EJ out a lot though.

With the addition of Shady, and already having Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin, as well as the kind of coach Roman is, the Bills will be looking for the guy that is the best play action ball handler who can through accurately downfield. EJ is a great ball handler already but his accuracy downfield is erratic, although pretty good in college and he has a strong arm. Hoyer is pretty good with the ball but not a great arm. Not sure how good Locker is with the ball and he's inaccurate but strong arm. Moore is good with the ball and decent downfield. He's still the best bet IMO. This helps EJ out a lot though.

My prediction: they're going to draft a QB early. There's a reason they met with every qb who is going to be plausibly available. I have to think that Rex knows that the QB situation sunk him before, and he needs to deal with it from the get go. I'll definitely be surprised if EJ isn't on the roster come September, but I can't say I'll be shocked.

I think the saying means that you can a dozen for a dime.

It does but it's stupid. The more accurate way is you can get one cheap, for a dime, but they mostly suck and you have to pick the right one out of dozens for that to work. And most fail. That's why I changed it.

1) Gas up private jet.

4) Bond is formed

just don't bring him to buffalo during the winter.

even if it is.... he will play.

Bills play the Eagles in Philly this year. That game will be a freaking zoo. Tell me McCoy won't want to show up Chip Kelly at the Linc. Edited by PromoTheRobot

My prediction: they're going to draft a QB early. There's a reason they met with every qb who is going to be plausibly available. I have to think that Rex knows that the QB situation sunk him before, and he needs to deal with it from the get go. I'll definitely be surprised if EJ isn't on the roster come September, but I can't say I'll be shocked.

They are going to draft one but it may or may not be early. That's why they met with them all but two. They don't know who is going to be available at QB when they draft or who else at other important positions. They know EJ is shaky, they know they will sign a vet, and they know Tuel sucks so they will draft a guy to be the project and maybe starter. They are not going to draft a QB in round two and start him opening day. Especially in this draft.

eballs...You do realize Greg Roman is not on the level of Andy Reid or Chip Kelly when it comes to offense, right?

how many playoff games chip won in the nfl. His offense couldn't even beat ohio state in the rose bowl in 2010 Vs Tressel-ball. Not sure where the genius part comes in. Edited by YoloinOhio