Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Kiko had an outstanding rookie season, playing every defensive snap, finishing runner up in droy ... Theres no taking that away from him. He looked the part from day 1, and in a Rex style offense

No question he got in on tackles. But remember his play in a Rex style defense resulted in him getting moved outside for the next season, and the pick up of brown and spikes.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find me a running back who got better in his late 20s. The one comparison that makes the trade look good for the bills was the colts trade for dickerson early in the 1987 season -- he put up big numbers for them that year and the next season. He had one other good season after that, but it all went south in 1990. He's the best example you'll find, but eric dickerson is hardly a representative player. Most quick guys go downhill quickly.

I think at most we see 2 strong years... But frankly we might've only seen kiko for 2 years as we can't force him to sign here.

McCoy has too many miles on him to carry the rock 30+ times a game. We gave up an every down player in Kiko for 15 carries a game basically. We are still going to need another guy to carry the load. They better get someone in the draft. This is literally the best RB draft of the past decade so I just cant believe how much we gave up for a 7th year RB when the RB of the future will probably still be available with our 2nd or 3rd pick

We traded an every down player who played zero downs in 2014 and has had 2 major knee injuries in 5 years....

Shady will touch the ball 25+ times a game between rushing and receiving. Fred is still on the roster as is Brown. They're fine at RB now.

Fred's last year and Brown looks like a bust. If we pass up a RB in this draft then we are doomed. There's literally 5-6 starting RB's in this draft and Gurley will be a pro bowler in 2 yrs

I'm sure somebody else posted this earlier, but when I first saw the "Alonso traded for McCoy" tweet, for a second my heart stopped thinking it was for Colt McCoy.

I am in Philly and my social media is blowing up with Eagles fans, they are as shocked as we are. I am trying to tell them this is potentially a very good deal for them. It's not making them feel much better.

If you want to put yourself at ease, read the Philly fan reaction on Twitter. People are pissed

This is a great trade for the Bills!

Kiko is an undersized LB with a big heart. After his first 5 games, teams ran right at him, often with good effect. By the end of his rookie season he looked to be the size of a safety and he needed shoulder surgery. He was worn down.

Then another ACL tear, this one occurring during training.

We will miss his skills covering the TE, but Preston Brown and Bradham emerging last year make Kiko redundant to some degree.

In return we get a complete back, the best the Bills have had since Thurman. RBs might be plentiful these days, but elite RBs are not.

Find me a running back who got better in his late 20s. The one comparison that makes the trade look good for the bills was the colts trade for dickerson early in the 1987 season -- he put up big numbers for them that year and the next season. He had one other good season after that, but it all went south in 1990. He's the best example you'll find, but eric dickerson is hardly a representative player. Most quick guys go downhill quickly.

They do go downhill quickly after 30, because that's when the body starts to give out. You don't really stop growing, or develop your (to use Marcellus Wiley's phrasing) "man-bones and man-strength" until you're 25. Shady's going to get 2 years here under the magic 30 number. Based on his career history, we shouldn't be concerned.

But you're absolutely right to point out, or worry, about his large number of carries thus far. He's got a lot of miles. That's something to consider. But Kiko has less miles, less wear and tear and he's already shredded the same knee twice -- once under mysterious circumstances. There's more concern with his health history I imagine than there is with Shady's.

Some people are pissed here too. But the philly fans really need to pay attention. His numbers were in free fall having been beaten out by a better back in both pass and short yardage situations. Kelly made a great trade unloading him and his contact for a pro bowl calibre, versatile lb

The fact you don't like this trade should tell anyone paying attention all they need to know. :lol:

Some people are pissed here too. But the philly fans really need to pay attention. His numbers were in free fall having been beaten out by a better back in both pass and short yardage situations. Kelly made a great trade unloading him and his contact for a pro bowl calibre, versatile lb

His numbers were in free fall because the Eagles threw the football at a 3/2 ratio. Plus, rumor has it that McCoy fell out of favor with Kelly (and vice versa) due to personality differences.

We traded an every down player who played zero downs in 2014 and has had 2 major knee injuries in 5 years....

ILB don't need wheels. Kiko will be just fine. In 3 yrs he will still be going strong and McCoy will be a 2nd or 3rd stringer like Chris Johnson

Not happy with this deal. You don't trade away a potential defensive superstar LB. He reminded me of Luke Kuechly in his enthusiasm, intelligence and instincts. Look at wht he has done for the Panthers.

This stinks.