Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

I'm no Leroi, so this is only a hunch: Sanchez signs, and he does it right as soon as free agency opens. Just feels like one of those "I'll sign but you gotta get me some offensive weapons to work with" things.

Yeah because Mark Sanchez has earned the right to dictate terms.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeSean !@#$ing McCoy is a Buffalo Bill and people are pissed?

You get arguably the top RB in the game (top 3 at worst), in his prime, locked in for three years. He fits Roman's scheme, can do everything (block, catch, run). In exchange you give up a very popular player, but a guy who's shredded the same knee twice and who didn't want to be here.

It's a win.

These. Whaley has big brass ones. Love the move.

Sorry if already posted (long thread)

@nfl: Shady to Buffalo.

Kiko to Philly.

It all went down in just 20 minutes (via @MikeSilver): http://t.co/ghZpOxOCvnhttp://t.co/CDVoRt2Qfh

@PatMoranMix96: BTW, McCoy currently has 3 years left on deal. Cap number is 11.95 this year (per OTC) but goes down $3.1m in 2016 and another $1m in '17

"Obviously the Bills are going after it."

Mike Silver (in the video attached to the article)

Love it.

Kiko wanted out :(

@JasonLaCanfora: Can confirm ESPN report Eagles have traded Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso. One for one trade I'm told. Alonso had wanted out of Buffalo. Wow

would like to know more of this as it becomes public knowledge....could change opinions big-time

Rbs are dime a dozen. Spare me he's a too 3 back. He will get a ton of carries. Of course he will get yards. And $12mm? I'd take Spiller @$3.5mm for 4 yrs and his special teams too. We have Jackson, Brown and Dixon. Dixon has one year left, Brown, too. Jackson has 2 yrs iirc.

So we get a high priced back for maybe 3 yrs max before he's spent. And lose out on a damn good WLB who may be a bit gimpy. Its an even trade for talent but there has to be more to this.

It makes no sense only because the money for McCoy. We must know something about Alonso.

PS. I hate the whole shady nickname.

It's a very good trade and nickname IMO

Just a few days ago didn't Kiko say "It's a great time to be a Buffalo Bill."? The guy has said like 4 things since he's been drafted. Irony.

I was wondering about that myself. He didn't sound too unhappy when he was talking to John Murphy.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry if already posted (long thread)

@nfl: Shady to Buffalo.

Kiko to Philly.

It all went down in just 20 minutes (via @MikeSilver): http://t.co/ghZpOxOCvnhttp://t.co/CDVoRt2Qfh

@PatMoranMix96: BTW, McCoy currently has 3 years left on deal. Cap number is 11.95 this year (per OTC) but goes down $3.1m in 2016 and another $1m in '17

This wouldn't be a story without a Pat Moran tweet.

The more I think about it the more I like it for a number of reasons:

1. Kiko was a liability against the run. He flew all over the field, but he overpersued a lot and got plowed by blockers. Notice how much better the run D was w/o Kiko and Byrd?

2. We thought he was awesome because of all those INTs but it seems they were a fluke as they disappeared in the second half.

3. McCoy's the kind of talent that makes a difference.

4. This pissed off the "RBs are a dime a dozen" crowd.

5. Kiko didn't want to be here, even after the fan base made him a legend.

6. F×ck Kiko Alonso.

What is this organization's fascination with RBs? They give up the farm last year for a WR, they give up a huge chip for a RB, AGAIN, this year....and we still have no QB. RB doesn't matter, WR doesn't matter, QB is the only thing that matters.

The more I think about it the more I like it for a number of reasons:

1. Kiko was a liability against the run. He flew all over the field, but he overpersued a lot and got plowed by blockers. Notice how much better the run D was w/o Kiko and Byrd?

2. We thought he was awesome because of all those INTs but it seems they were a fluke as they disappeared in the second half.

3. McCoy's the kind of talent that makes a difference.

4. This pissed off the "RBs are a dime a dozen" crowd.

5. Kiko didn't want to be here, even after the fan base made him a legend.

6. F×ck Kiko Alonso.

:beer: Now you're seeing the forest through the trees.

Don't know if they would have taken him but I would have traded Bradham instead of Kiko.

I'd rather have Bradham. He's more well rounded, stronger, healthier, and likely to re-sign for less When his time comes, and he doesn't want to bale on his team. He also doesn't appear to suffer from severe brain damage or have a Shakira haircut.

the point I rebutted was that Kiko was "not good enough" to play MLB; I stand by my proposed correction that it was a matter of him not being big enough to play the Mike. Why do you think the Bills plan was to move him outside before he tore his ACL ?

Semantics... not good enough , not big enough = can't/didn't play that position well enough.

I'd rather have Bradham. He's more well rounded, stronger, healthier, and likely to re-sign for less When his time comes, and he doesn't want to bale on his team. He also doesn't appear to suffer from severe brain damage or have a Shakira haircut.

:lol:

Not sure if I believe the Kiko wanting out of Buffalo talk.

I'm with you in the sense that it could easily be bs because it's all unsourced (or at best un-named source) hearsay right now. But I could easily see it turn out to be true if there's more to his injury / rehab story than is known to the public. There's also the St. Doug factor, he didn't sound like a popular guy, especially towards people he didn't think could immediately help him. Being on IR, Kiko became irrelevant to St. Doug, it's possible that Kiko felt alienated somewhat by the coaching staff of the last regime.

I'm 100% speculating of course. Not saying that's what happened. Just that it'd make sense to me if it turned out to be true.

Edited by GreggyT

You're crazy if you think this was Whaley. Whaley ain't trading his best pick ever (based on draft slot) early on in a rookie contract.

Fwiw, i think this is a horrible trade.

Why isn't this Whaley and why is this a bad trade? I like Kiko but holy crap did he get overrated here. Check the stats. He didn't make a big play (int & sack) after game 5. He was bad against the run (see the Tampa 80 yard td run). He got hurt and our defense got better!

MCCoy is like a top 3 rb. Is Kiko ever one of our top 2 lbs? He played behind the best d line in football and was able to run around and make a few ints. But he is not close to the superstar he is made out here.

He did have cool hair.

Until this team finds a qb, I'm not even quite sure if any of this is worth arguing about...

God I am getting so tired of hearing this @hit from you

So what would you suggest......since there are no qbs of the ilk that you are suggesting? Should the bills stop trying to improve the team?

You are so fricken irritating

Age and mileage lead me to believe that we see maybe 2 good years from McCoy. A nagging injury could wipe one of those out and the second might not happen even healthy

kiko even nicked up will likely be a decent lb for the next several years even if not GREAT.... but we also get 25m in free agents even if kiko bombs. It would be hard to get zero out of 3 guys where it wouldn't be crazy to get little out of McCoy

McCoy is more likely to be an all pro and take over games but the kiko route is almost impossible to get NOTHING from.

Yet we'd still have 2 other free agents with the money

My point was McCoy has a lot more eggs in the lone basket for better or worse

Thanks for clearing that up but I still disagree with you :nana:

The FA loss I get and it certainly does move the needle but 2 FA for 9 million? You are talking about middle of the road players. Now 1 at 9 and Kiko that certainly makes sense. I just see McCoy as an elite top level talent in this league and about to enter his prime. Considering the Bills didn't have either on the team last year in a contributing fashion, they just improved significantly over last years team. Spiller and Freddy are not anywhere on McCoy's level save for 1 season from each of them. Kiko's injury history is concerning and this could just as easily work out to a selling high situation for Buffalo. (hopefully :beer: )

OK so I get it.....

I LOVE Kiko Alonzo......really wanted to see if he could improve on his rookie season....was really dissapointed when he tore his ACL (for the second time) before the season even started last year......I beileve....and i STILL belive that Kiko would have shined in Rex Ryan's defense provided he was healthy.....

but chew on this for a minute

Lets think about the fact that our defense was top 5 in the league last year WITHOUT Kiko Alonzo.....and our offense was really really bad. Lets keep in mind that we DO NOT have that QB that is going to go out and sling it......keep in mind that we brought in a OC who runs a real game plan for running the ball....keep in mind that

Spiller was NOT coming back

Bryce Brown is unproven

Boobie Dixon is more of a fullback then he is a running back....and pile that on with the fact that Roman really sees him as more of a "specialty" player

Fred Jackson.....and god I love him....showed signs of really slowing down this past year

So basically......we didnt have a feature back.

This was a swap on defense (which we could frankly afford to do) in order to trying to bring our offense into balance.....chew on this for a minute. Sammy Watkins AND McCoy (who led the league in rushing just the year before last)

This was a VERY ballsy move by our team.......

Looking at his highlights is for the most part really looking at highlights for an offensive line. Look how the guards are opening holes in the middle and creating wide running lanes, tackles are controlling the ends allowing backs to get outside, and they're getting out to the second level for screens. The difference from our line is night and day. Our backs would have been a heck of a lot better running behind that Philly line

Edited by JTSP

Looking at his highlights is really looking at highlights for an offensive line. Look how the guards are opening holes in the middle and creating wide running lanes, tackles are controlling the ends allowing backs to get outside, and they're getting out to the second level for screens. The difference from our line is night and day. Our backs would have been a heck of a lot better running behind that Philly line

Is it your position that "any" running back has that kind of vision and cutback ability to maximize a good OLine? Yes, Philly's line did a good job, but watch McCoy closely and you'll see he's a rare bird. His jump cuts, for instance, break ankles in this league. But I'm not surprised you'd try to marginalize his talent in light of your position on the entire trade. As much as I like Kiko, he isn't HALF the LB that McCoy is a RB.

GO BILLS!!!

Is it your position that "any" running back has that kind of vision and cutback ability to maximize a good OLine? Yes, Philly's line did a good job, but watch McCoy closely and you'll see he's a rare bird. His jump cuts, for instance, break ankles in this league. But I'm not surprised you'd try to marginalize his talent in light of your position on the entire trade. As much as I like Kiko, he isn't HALF the LB that McCoy is a RB.

GO BILLS!!!

And his same argument about McCoy could be applied to Kiko behind our d line. Kiko was untouched because of iur great defensive line.

Trading an up and coming linebacker for a RB who has been wearing down for the past 2 years? Seems like no matter who's calling the shots we are always making ridiculous decisions.

Yes, trading Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes was very ridiculous...

GO BILLS!!!

it's certainly my view a lot of NFL backs are capable of running well behind that line. As luck would have it, we have a good comparison with Bryce Brown. In Buffalo he didnt look anything like the back he was in Philly

Chip Kelly wanted McCoy gone. Not his type of player (McCoy is a head strong man) and replaced him with one of his players from college. Kiko wanting out of Buffalo is pure speculation. McCoy might not play a down for the Bills. His reaction was not a good one, ESPN reports he said he is not going to make this easy. It looks good now but Buffalo might have gotten itself a very talented RB but he also can develop into s locker room cancer.

Chip Kelly wanted McCoy gone. Not his type of player (McCoy is a head strong man) and replaced him with one of his players from college. Kiko wanting out of Buffalo is pure speculation. McCoy might not play a down for the Bills. His reaction was not a good one, ESPN reports he said he is not going to make this easy. It looks good now but Buffalo might have gotten itself a very talented RB but he also can develop into s locker room cancer.

He'll shut up and play because he wants to get paid. Also, he will have a chip on his shoulder and Rex is a player's coach.

It's better than "Boobie"

I like Boobies.