Saint Doug's house for sale

All things are relative. Come to Houston sometime.

LOL; I was thinking the same thing.

WNY has no traffic of any kind relative to big cities; also, this is a lovely house and it's BIG in a great area. $1.5 million is almost giving it away compared to housing costs elsewhere. Saves lots of money for paying 40 grand a year in property tax...

I'm digging the comments about the house being old, dumpy, ugly, and in need of updating....

This is a pretty nice property that has been very thoroughly upgraded throughout, obviously. (no pun intended!)

Spend some time looking at comparable houses on comparable streets.

The interiors of most are horrid; this is quite a nice house.

same house as Tom Donahoe.

donahoe sold it to Barry and Tracey Heneghan.

the heneghans sold it to marrone.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2010/06/28/daily40.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/morning_roundup/2013/04/bills-coach-to-settle-in-northtowns.html

a tad off topic of the OP, but if donohoe trades up for big ben, his legacy here is different.

LOL; I was thinking the same thing.

WNY has no traffic of any kind relative to big cities; also, this is a lovely house and it's BIG in a great area. $1.5 million is almost giving it away compared to housing costs elsewhere. Saves lots of money for paying 40 grand a year in property tax...

I'm digging the comments about the house being old, dumpy, ugly, and in need of updating....

This is a pretty nice property that has been very thoroughly upgraded throughout, obviously. (no pun intended!)

Spend some time looking at comparable houses on comparable streets.

The interiors of most are horrid; this is quite a nice house.

You really don't save a lot of money paying less for a house like this when the taxes are nearly as high as your mortgage--too much money not going into equity. You're better off paying less taxes on a more expensive house in a desirable market--especially if you aren't planning to stay in this house/region for a very long time.

It's a nice house with high end updates. But no one would pay close to asking when the house just sold for 30-40% less fewer than 2 years ago.

This place would go for 4+ mil in Rex's old neighborhood.

Is that what it is?

I'm glad at least now i know. All these years I thought it was Democrats. Now i know it's the 2nd highest corporate tax rates are too low. Learn something new everyday I suppose.

Property taxes at $40,000?

New York is in dire need of tax reform.

You said it man.

I don't care for the looks of the inside of that house at all. The darn bedroom looks like a funeral home.

Yeah it's a cold theme. I dont care for it either. Though i would hope someone having the scratch to buy it has the scratch to redecorate. Edited by SmokinES3

I have some groundbreaking news. I think I am a bit late to the party since this thread somehow has 4 pages.

Here it goes:

Lot's of people in the entertainment business own houses. Sometimes, they sell their houses when they move. And wait for it...some of them are better decorators than others. It's crazy...I know, but try to contain yourself after hearing this news.

I have some groundbreaking news. I think I am a bit late to the party since this thread somehow has 4 pages.

Here it goes:

Lot's of people in the entertainment business own houses. Sometimes, they sell their houses when they move. And wait for it...some of them are better decorators than others. It's crazy...I know, but try to contain yourself after hearing this news.

I can't contain my excitement Bob. I'm learning a ton of new info today and I'm excited! I gotta share it!

I'll "opt out" $40,000 for property taxes?? Forget the fact it's in the snow belt. I'll happily offer my 1,000 sq. foot house here in SF for that price. Property taxes are 1.1% of selling price. I hate to say it, but I could get that price for my house. Don't buy it, it's cursed