Vikings FB Jerome Felton -update:Bills signed

YoloinOhio

Gray replaced the Summers roster spot. Looking at the numbers, something will have to give between RB/FB/TE/HB, especially with Gay back on the roster. Felton probably means no Powell.

or no Gray, if we sign Clay. But I hope not because he's nice TE depth and just a lesser version of Clay so could fill into the game plan if Clay gets hurt.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or no Gray, if we sign Clay. But I hope not because he's nice TE depth and just a lesser version of Clay so could fill into the game plan if Clay gets hurt.

Something will have to give:

Gray = Summers

Clay = Smith

McCoy = Spiller

FJax = FJax

Boobie = Boobie

Brown = Brown

Chandler = Chandler

Felton =?

Gragg = ?

Wasn't Felton AP's lead blocker for his 2000 yard season? It would make sense that if this team is going to ground and pound that they have a big time fullback. It would be a nice small move for the offense.

yep. And their OL was pretty bad last year but they were still able to run the ball without AP.

yep. And their OL was pretty bad last year but they were still able to run the ball without AP.

The Vikings ground game was inconsistent but decent at times last year as any fantasy player will tell you. That's to be expected with AP out, a bad O-line, and other injuries to the running back position. But I remember AP crediting Felton a lot after that 2000 yard season as being a huge factor in his success overall.

@RyanTalbotBills: I don't believe anything until it's signed (See: Gore, Frank), but I was just texted that Jerome Felton to the #Bills is a "done-deal."

@YardsPerPass: Felton was pro bowler in Minny during ADP's 2k season and should fall into the Bruce Miller role in Roman's off if signed.

when dressing 45, it would be convenient to have a guy that could be FB or HB and contributes to special teams - if he can play FB

McCoy + this is why freddo will likely be a casualty of all this. All good. Things change. Awesome career for Fredex despite playing for lame duck ownership and crappy coaches. Hey things could have turned out a lot worse for Fred after NFL Europe folded on him. Bills kept him and the rest is history. One of the few true NFL Europe success stories. Of course on the flipside if FJ doesn't come along Lynch is probably still on the roster tearing it up instead.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I found link

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflfreeagency

FB Jerome Felton: Bills general manager Doug Whaley said at the NFL combine that he expects the Bills to add a fullback this offseason. It could be former Minnesota Vikings fullback Felton. La Canfora reports that the Bills "hope" to sign Felton.

hmmm I hope this is in the past (obviously it is) and won't happen again

The NFL suspended Vikings fullback Jerome Felton for three games on Monday afternoon for violating the league s substance-abuse policy

NFL suspends Minnesota Vikings Pro Bowl FB Jerome Felto...

I said in other thread but I believe FB has own roster spot. Like Frank Summers.

too many damn threads to keep up!!!