How about pulling a Mike Dikta type of deal??

Dopey

We have a defense that many of us think is championship caliber( I know I do). This defensive line is relatively young, I didn't look it up but I think Kyle Williams is one of the few who I consider long in the tooth. But he's playing damn good football and probably has 3 good years left. Our LB's are young and Kiko is coming back. Our DB's are also pretty young, McKelvin is the oldest at 29 yrs. old. On Offense we are also relatively young. We have a young line that needs work, but young none the less except for Pears. I believe the young guys on the o-line will play a lot better with a year under their belts and hopefully better coaching. Young WR's as well with potential in Watkins and Woods. I like our ST with Carpenter and to me, our punter didn't stick out as a terrible punter. I also like the pickup of Thigpen. Rb's are pretty easy to get if the o-line does it's job. Having said all of this, we obviously feel we could use an upgrade at the QB position until EJ gets up to speed or it's determined he just can't cut it. If the staff feels there is a QB worth it, either a vet on a team already(RGIII, Cutler, Bradford etc.) or a rookie(Winston or Marriotta) would you be ok with a blockbuster trade to acquire this guy? When I say a Mike Ditka type of trade, it doesn't have to be all of our picks, but maybe most of the picks left to acquire this guy. We all seem to agree that we are a QB away from the playoffs and even a deep run in the playoffs. We should be able to find a guard or 2 that will be an improvement over Pears, even Williams coming back from injury would be an upgrade over Pears. I think we are close enough to being a complete team, that this thought actually crossed my mind. As young as this team is, we would have a 3-4 year run and 3 drafts to make up for this trade. Keep in mind the picks given up are not locks to be good(see this article http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade ). Just a thought.

No one is trading a franchise level guy that also is not named Brady,Manning, Rodgers or Brees..guys like Flacco, Luck, Ryan, Wilson,...just aint gunna be traded unless you give all of this years picks, Kiko and Sammy...and possibly the next 2 years #1s..

Griffin, Cutler, Bradford ain't worth it...they can be had for less.

So the argument is moot.

No one is trading a franchise level guy that also is not named Brady,Manning, Rodgers or Brees..guys like Flacco, Luck, Ryan, Wilson,...just aint gunna be traded unless you give all of this years picks, Kiko and Sammy...and possibly the next 2 years #1s..

Griffin, Cutler, Bradford ain't worth it...they can be had for less.

So the argument is moot.

What argument?

how about using a carriage return

We have a defense that many of us think is championship caliber( I know I do).

This defensive line is relatively young, I didn't look it up but I think Kyle Williams is one of the few who I consider long in the tooth.

But he's playing damn good football and probably has 3 good years left.

Our LB's are young and Kiko is coming back.

Our DB's are also pretty young, McKelvin is the oldest at 29 yrs. old.

On Offense we are also relatively young.

We have a young line that needs work, but young none the less except for Pears.

I believe the young guys on the o-line will play a lot better with a year under their belts and hopefully better coaching.

Young WR's as well with potential in Watkins and Woods.

I like our ST with Carpenter and to me, our punter didn't stick out as a terrible punter.

I also like the pickup of Thigpen.

Rb's are pretty easy to get if the o-line does it's job.

Having said all of this, we obviously feel we could use an upgrade at the QB position until EJ gets up to speed or it's determined he just can't cut it.

If the staff feels there is a QB worth it, either a vet on a team already(RGIII, Cutler, Bradford etc.) or a rookie(Winston or Marriotta) would you be ok with a blockbuster trade to acquire this guy?

When I say a Mike Ditka type of trade, it doesn't have to be all of our picks, but maybe most of the picks left to acquire this guy.

We all seem to agree that we are a QB away from the playoffs and even a deep run in the playoffs.

We should be able to find a guard or 2 that will be an improvement over Pears, even Williams coming back from injury would be an upgrade over Pears.

I think we are close enough to being a complete team, that this thought actually crossed my mind.

As young as this team is, we would have a 3-4 year run and 3 drafts to make up for this trade. Keep in mind the picks given up are not locks to be good(see this article http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade ).

Just a thought.

Edited by Dopey

The continued mentioning of Cutler as a possible good choice for the Bills is amusing.

I strongly disagree. It's not amusing, it's terrifying. Remember the pick he threw to Kyle Williams? That is vintage Cutler. I would rather stick my hand in a blender and hit "puree" than to go through a season watching Cutler as our QB. We'd be better off trading a 6th round pick to Oakland for Matt Schaub.

I would only consider a trade like that if we got someone like Andrew Luck in return. By the way, it was easier to read the second time. Thanks for editing.

Sorry for not using a carriage(return) initially. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dopey

did I dead that right?? you would like to see a mass trade for any has been or unknown QB?

Sorry but ....

that's kind of dopey Dopey

No you didn't "dead" it right. Try the edited version, sorry for the 1st one. The post was meant to provoke some conversation on what options we might have to get the most coveted position taken care of(next to a HC). Sort of like Mickey with his idea of a 6th for Schaub, or Uffalo Ills with his idea of trading for a coach. The names in my post were names already thrown out there by some on this board as options. What do you think we should do,BillsFan-4Ever?

Edited by Dopey

No you didn't "dead" it right. Try the edited version, sorry for the 1st one. The post was meant to provoke some conversation on what options we might have to get the most coveted position taken care of(next to a HC). Sort of like Mickey with his idea of a 6th for Schaub, or Uffalo Ills with his idea of trading for a coach. The names in my post were names already thrown out there by some on this board as options. What do you think we should do,BillsFan-4Ever?

DOH cold fat fingers.

I'm a dope!!!

We have a defense that many of us think is championship caliber( I know I do). This defensive line is relatively young, I didn't look it up but I think Kyle Williams is one of the few who I consider long in the tooth. But he's playing damn good football and probably has 3 good years left. Our LB's are young and Kiko is coming back. Our DB's are also pretty young, McKelvin is the oldest at 29 yrs. old. On Offense we are also relatively young. We have a young line that needs work, but young none the less except for Pears. I believe the young guys on the o-line will play a lot better with a year under their belts and hopefully better coaching. Young WR's as well with potential in Watkins and Woods. I like our ST with Carpenter and to me, our punter didn't stick out as a terrible punter. I also like the pickup of Thigpen. Rb's are pretty easy to get if the o-line does it's job. Having said all of this, we obviously feel we could use an upgrade at the QB position until EJ gets up to speed or it's determined he just can't cut it. If the staff feels there is a QB worth it, either a vet on a team already(RGIII, Cutler, Bradford etc.) or a rookie(Winston or Marriotta) would you be ok with a blockbuster trade to acquire this guy? When I say a Mike Ditka type of trade, it doesn't have to be all of our picks, but maybe most of the picks left to acquire this guy. We all seem to agree that we are a QB away from the playoffs and even a deep run in the playoffs. We should be able to find a guard or 2 that will be an improvement over Pears, even Williams coming back from injury would be an upgrade over Pears. I think we are close enough to being a complete team, that this thought actually crossed my mind. As young as this team is, we would have a 3-4 year run and 3 drafts to make up for this trade. Keep in mind the picks given up are not locks to be good(see this article http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade ). Just a thought.

holy-wall-of-text-batman.jpg?w=290&h=290

I could see something like this if it was for Marcus Mariotta or MAYBE even Winston if he were to grow up if he continues to do stupid things then let some one else have him but Whaley has proven to be a wheeler dealer so i wouldn't put any thing past him ..

Go get them D. W. !!

I wonder how many draft picks these 3 players would be worth..

Brady

Rodgers

Luck

Brady because he's likely the best old man, more gas in the tank vs Peyton IMO. Rodgers because he's likely the best on his prime guy. Then Luck because he's likely the best younger QB.

This obviously would never happen, it's just interesting to think how many picks a team would be will to offer for these guys.

We need trade proposals.

1. Bills- 2015 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 2016 1st to Atlanta for Matt Ryan.

2. Bills same 2015's plus 2016 1st and Dareus to Colts for Luck.

3. Bills same 2015's plus 2016 1st, 2017 1st and Dareus to GB for Rodgers.

4. Bills 2015 2nd, 3rd, 2016 1st and Dareus to Tampa Bay for 1st overall.

5. Bills 2015 2nd, 3rd, 2016 1st and 2017 conditional to Tennessee for 2nd overall.

Anyone on either side do any of these? Anyone here do any of these?

Did you think any of this through before creating this thread?

In what world would it take all or even most of the Bills picks to get Cutler or RG3?

Do you really see the Bucs or Titans trading out of the top two spots without getting a first round pick back this year in return which the Bills obviously don't have?

The enter key is ur friend.

Edited by Max997

We need trade proposals.

1. Bills- 2015 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 2016 1st to Atlanta for Matt Ryan.

2. Bills same 2015's plus 2016 1st and Dareus to Colts for Luck.

3. Bills same 2015's plus 2016 1st, 2017 1st and Dareus to GB for Rodgers.

4. Bills 2015 2nd, 3rd, 2016 1st and Dareus to Tampa Bay for 1st overall.

5. Bills 2015 2nd, 3rd, 2016 1st and 2017 conditional to Tennessee for 2nd overall.

Anyone on either side do any of these? Anyone here do any of these?

I wouldn't include Dareus in any trade. He is our best player.

Did you think any of this through before creating this thread?

In what world would it take all or even most of the Bills picks to get Cutler or RG3?

Do you really see the Bucs or Titans trading out of the top two spots without getting a first round pick back this year in return which the Bills obviously don't have?

The enter key is ur friend.

As long as my post was, yes, I did think it through.

As for the enter key comment: you're kind of late to the party.

Someone beat you to it.

And I took the advice.

But some still want to be smartasses. team4035754_282_logo.gif

Next year for Connor Cook