2015 NFL Free Agent Class May Be the Best Ever

papazoid

No thanks. Until we get a QB and solidify our o-line, I don't want anymore receiving targets. Don't really care for anyone on that list other than Gerald McCoy.

Should not be an either/or situation.

Bills haven't had a good TE since Metzelaars. I'll gladly take Julius Thomas and pay him Jimmy Graham numbers . For some reason the Bills treat the TE position like a disease. All the great offenses have great TE's these days.

this doesnt list the most important FA that we are going to sign

Lupati the guard for 49'ers. I say let Hughes walk and put the money into getting Lupati.

Instantly our offense will be improved with a pro bowl mauler in there between Wood and Glenn

It will ease the pain of not having a first round draft pick and give us a chance to develop a qb that actually has time to throw the ball

Bills haven't had a good TE since Metzelaars. I'll gladly take Julius Thomas and pay him Jimmy Graham numbers . For some reason the Bills treat the TE position like a disease. All the great offenses have great TE's these days.

Unfortunately, most "insiders" seem to think the Broncos will franchise tag Julius Thomas as a TE, doing exactly what the Saints did with Graham.

Much cheaper Broncos free agents that they may not be able to sign: Orlando Franklin (G/T, but he's not having a good year), Wil Montgomery (C who took over midseason and really stabilized the line -- could allow Wood to move to G and do the same for the Bills)

Maybe a new HC with a 2015 NFL offensive mindset will change the Bills' archaic thinking. One can hope...

this doesnt list the most important FA that we are going to sign

Lupati the guard for 49'ers. I say let Hughes walk and put the money into getting Lupati.

Instantly our offense will be improved with a pro bowl mauler in there between Wood and Glenn

It will ease the pain of not having a first round draft pick and give us a chance to develop a qb that actually has time to throw the ball

Can't agree with this. If it's a choice between Hughes and Iupati, I take the pass rushing DE every time. It's just so much more important.

GO BILLS!!!

Can't agree with this. If it's a choice between Hughes and Iupati, I take the pass rushing DE every time. It's just so much more important.

GO BILLS!!!

But is this true? I would say this year proved that is not the case with our top rank defense and our bottom rank offense. Even 3 pro bowlers and a fourth who can get after the quarterback wasn't enough to get us in the playoffs. I would have traded hughes for iupati this year. Maybe all it would have taken is one great G to elevate the play of the oline where people like woods can just focus on his job and not cover for the crappy play on either side of him. Then maybe we would have had a better run game. Then maybe our pass game would be more respected and the qb wouldn't be under so much pressure. Etc.

But is this true? I would say this year proved that is not the case with our top rank defense and our bottom rank offense. Even 3 pro bowlers and a fourth who can get after the quarterback wasn't enough to get us in the playoffs. I would have traded hughes for iupati this year. Maybe all it would have taken is one great G to elevate the play of the oline where people like woods can just focus on his job and not cover for the crappy play on either side of him. Then maybe we would have had a better run game. Then maybe our pass game would be more respected and the qb wouldn't be under so much pressure. Etc.

1.Keep the defense together-

2.replace Pears who is -25 second worse FA OG with Iupati or Franklin or Boling- get the best you can get spend the money

3. go Heavy on OL and RBs in the draft

4. Virgil Green TE and Mark Ingram RB, I'm wanting to hit on a couple moderately priced FA

5. Terrel Pryor, Tim Tebow - have to come dirt cheap and be willing to contribute at other positions

6. Mikel Leshoure RB another low cost shot

Keep the defense intact, get some more proven talent on the OL, get some youth in the RB position, inject some athleticism at TE , face the facts that the idea QB isn't there for you this year so coach up and design an offense that emphasis the talents that your QBs do have.- if we can maintain the quality of our defense and special teams then nudge the offense to average we will have another shot at the playoffs.

That's because the Bills have recently hired complete morons for head coaches. Dick Jauron at least realized he needed a TE and offered Tony Gonzalaz a contract, and he went to Atlanta instead.

not on that list, Jerry Hughes, we view him as elite. I think he's exceptional, however not elite. A good GM/numbers guy could get Mario's cap hit to lower and sign Hughes on a 4 year 28 million dollar deal, 13 upfront.

No thanks. Until we get a QB and solidify our o-line, I don't want anymore receiving targets. Don't really care for anyone on that list other than Gerald McCoy.

So what you are saying is we should not try to improve any other position on this team until we get a QB?

You figure out who you can get in the draft or in free agency. Looks like one pick on a qb in the draft. Hughes you resign cause he's the known commodity. O line always seem to be funny as we have had some bad luck signing free agents so I say we draft a couple. Tight end we can sign in free agency.

Mixed feelings about Julius Thomas. It would be nice to have a TE with some YAC ability. But, I hadn't realized his poor blocking ability, per the article. I think that to be a good fit for the Bills, blocking might outweigh YAC-- or at least be a very big consideration.

Riemersma was our last good TE, and Chandler is good too.

We've just had an OC who thought the best way to use Chandler was to throw 1 yard screen passes to him. :wallbash:

I'm not saying that we shouldn't upgrade the position. I think getting Thomas might be a bit unrealistic. But Cameron or Clay would be very good options.

1.Keep the defense together-

2.replace Pears who is -25 second worse FA OG with Iupati or Franklin or Boling- get the best you can get spend the money

3. go Heavy on OL and RBs in the draft

4. Virgil Green TE and Mark Ingram RB, I'm wanting to hit on a couple moderately priced FA

5. Terrel Pryor, Tim Tebow - have to come dirt cheap and be willing to contribute at other positions

6. Mikel Leshoure RB another low cost shot

Keep the defense intact, get some more proven talent on the OL, get some youth in the RB position, inject some athleticism at TE , face the facts that the idea QB isn't there for you this year so coach up and design an offense that emphasis the talents that your QBs do have.- if we can maintain the quality of our defense and special teams then nudge the offense to average we will have another shot at the playoffs.

Wanted pryor and we took orton