Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a huge drop off from the top 3 to Brees. The top 3 have a combined 30 straight seasons of winning football. Below the top 3 the QB can't carry the team all by himself. That said I would offer 3 ones to anyone 4-8, Roethlesberger flacco E manning, Ryan. I'd give 2 ones for rivers and maybe stafford and romo.

There is a huge drop off from the top 3 to Brees. The top 3 have a combined 30 straight seasons of winning football. Below the top 3 the QB can't carry the team all by himself. That said I would offer 3 ones to anyone 4-8, Roethlesberger flacco E manning, Ryan. I'd give 2 ones for rivers and maybe stafford and romo.

I forgot about luck. I would put him in the top 3 making the top 3 really 4. Who have 33 straight combined winning seasons and can carry a team by themselves

I forgot about luck. I would put him in the top 3 making the top 3 really 4. Who have 33 straight combined winning seasons and can carry a team by themselves

What about Luck would have him ahead of Brees?

There have been 8 seasons of 5,000 yards passing in NFL history & 4 of them belong to Brees (probably will have number 5 this year). Brees has more yards & TDs than Brady & is 2 years younger. He is 4th all-time in each of those categories. He is an all-time great & people think that they can flip a future #1 for him? Seriously?!?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

We all realize that we need a QB and that there are so few available. Why do people think that any team would trade any quality QB to Buffalo or any other team. What would they do next? I know it's hard, but when you come up with trades, think about what the other team is left with.

Funny how people say so convincingly that moves are never made. Did anyone here predict Manning playing in Denver? For that manner who would have predicted Brees would have been allowed to walk from San Diego.

I don't think he will be traded and his cap killing contract would follow him wherever he goes.

Not comparable situations. It was clear by half way through his last season there that the Colts were moving on from Manning, so yes at that point I could imagine him in Denver or wherever else. The reason? The Colts were headed for the 1st pick in a draft with a Manning like generational QB talent in Andrew Luck. Likewise in San Diego they had a 2nd overall draft pick on the roster ready to takeover from Brees. Those teams moved guys on because they had genuine back up plans. Even if the Saints felt like Mariota was a generational QB they are not in a position to get him so why move on Brees?

These moves do happen, they happen rarely and in special circumstances. It will not be happening with Drew Brees this offseason.

The Saints are my second favorite team (my wife is from New Orleans), so I follow them, albeit not as closely as the Bills. With that said, I would still say no. The main reason being that I don't think Brees has too much left in the tank (last nights game being an anomaly, as that's the best he's looked all year). I think his surgically repaired shoulder is finally starting to wear down on him. I have seen him underthrow too many balls these last couple years, and giving away a first rounder for him, I believe would be too much. I love Drew Brees, and was a big fan of his coming out of Purdue, but I really do think his body is starting to betray him.

Had you asked me this before the season started, I would've said a resounding he!! yes...

Do you live in NC?

Not comparable situations. It was clear by half way through his last season there that the Colts were moving on from Manning, so yes at that point I could imagine him in Denver or wherever else. The reason? The Colts were headed for the 1st pick in a draft with a Manning like generational QB talent in Andrew Luck. Likewise in San Diego they had a 2nd overall draft pick on the roster ready to takeover from Brees. Those teams moved guys on because they had genuine back up plans. Even if the Saints felt like Mariota was a generational QB they are not in a position to get him so why move on Brees?

These moves do happen, they happen rarely and in special circumstances. It will not be happening with Drew Brees this offseason.

good post

I believe he's leading the league in completion percentage and 2 weeks ago I saw a stat that he was leading the league for the highest rated passer on throws over 20 yards.

He's had some incredibly poorly timed bad throws but he's still playing pretty good ball

Add in gallettes contract having the same bonus structure as Byrd to clear space in 15.... there's a plan, and it's clearly not trading brees

I agree that he's still an elite quarterback in this league, without question. It's surprising to hear that he's leading the league in completion percentage as well as in throws over 20 yards, but not a huge shock. matter of fact that's one of the main things I love about Brees is his pinpoint accuracy and his delicious touch on the intermediate and (used to be) deep ball. It seemed like a couple years ago, every time he reared back and let that thing fly long, you almost always assumed the catch. Again, it just seems like the last year or two, he is beginning to routinely underthrow his receivers on the deep ball. With that said, Monday nights game alone the man looked 158.3 to me.

Do you live in NC?

I used to live in Charlotte right after college. Left in 2004....

I think Brees, Brady and P Manning have all looked poor at times this year and all are on the downside of their respective HoF careers -- BUT, and this is a HUUUGGGEEE BUT, they are all still playing in the Top 5 of QB's in the NFL !!

Top 5 (in no particular order): Brees, Brady, P Manning, Rodgers, Luck

What Brees, Brady and P Manning lack in physical skills as they age, they make up with football IQ, each knowing their respective offenses and other team's defenses better than most OC's and most DC's ---

I do disagree with Kirby in that there isn't a 0.0% chance Brees would be traded (strange things can happen), so, let's say it's 0.1%

So, there is a better chance EJ becomes a franchise QB, since that's at 0.2%, so, let's work on that plan first since it's twice as likely to happen ;-)

lets see, you want to bring a QB here who has had the majority of his success in a dome, put the spray can down and take long deep breaths, because your mind is clouded, next thing you know you will want to sign Deadsole to free agent contact, again take deep breaths in and out

Yes i would. Provided we had an OC who knew how to use Brees w Sammy and CJ and Woods.

Right now i think if the Bills had any QB back there Marrone and Hackett would ruin him.

I think the next OC if Hackett goes-- should have to show pays specifically for Sammy and CJ. That would be my interview. Maybe sprinkle in a question or 2 in about his views on the QB situation.

As a matter of fact I would probably just give him a smart board and just say wow me.

Not Roethlisberger? He's a top 5 QB in my opinion.

First, no but Big Ben-- now that you mention him. I WISH!!!

He slipped my mind. I hate him. But yes. I'd trade a 1 for him and move my wife and daughter into protective custody

Lol damn man that was cold

Drew Brees

in addition to the #1 pick:

2015 Cap hit $26.4 mil ($14.8 DEAD)

2016 Cap hit $27.4 mil ($7.4 DEAD)

THAT'S CRAZY !!! .....and I would still do it.

You numbers guys block my mind. I give you all credit

Drew Brees

in addition to the #1 pick:

2015 Cap hit $26.4 mil ($14.8 DEAD)

2016 Cap hit $27.4 mil ($7.4 DEAD)

THAT'S CRAZY !!! .....and I would still do it.

You numbers guys blow my mind. I give you all credit