Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints do have to make some major cuts. Jimmy at TE could be an interesting get. Mark Ingram at RB?

They don't have to cut a single person and have very deliberately designed their contracts for that purpose this offseason. Any cuts are purely by choice based on value or fit not cap needs

I have to agree, and I also think he's played in his last SuperBowl if he stays there - and in all likelihood he will.

I think there is one last run in the Brees / Payton era in New Orleans.... I'm not sure if it will be enough to make a Superbowl... but I see them making the Championship game one more time in the next couple of seasons. In order to get there though they will need a new defensive coordinator.... I've never rated Rex's brother. The thing that is for certain is that after the Brees / Payton era is over in 3/4 years the Saints will be a ground up rebuild team.... stripped back to nothing.... they might luck out like the Colts did and bounce back quickly with a franchise QB for the next generation or they might return to the bottom dwellers they always used to be.

They don't have to cut a single person and have very deliberately designed their contracts for that purpose this offseason. Any cuts are purely by choice based on value or fit not cap needs

Interesting; that's not what I had read earlier in the season but I admittedly have not researched it. I was under the impression the Saints were truly "all in" for 2014 and were going to have to make some very difficult decisions this offseason. You're right there so I presume you're more in tune with what's going on.

Interesting; that's not what I had read earlier in the season but I admittedly have not researched it. I was under the impression the Saints were truly "all in" for 2014 and were going to have to make some very difficult decisions this offseason. You're right there so I presume you're more in tune with what's going on.

They set up large roster bonuses this year that everyone expects them to convert to signing bonuses to spread down the line. There's an anticipation of a LARGE cap bump next year (2016) and they are one of a small number that are spending that money before its announced. Byrd, graham and other high price guys all had these built in this year, despite many on this board insisting the GM had no plan.

Their GM has publicly stated that last year was tighter financially and they came away a big player in FA. The bonuses alone get them under the cap- then you shave a few guys you don't have in your plans or bad values and you inject younger blood. Maybe a Colston or Evans for instance. Good players that simply are aging out of the high pay bracket they are in, for instance

Edited by NoSaint

They set up large roster bonuses this year that everyone expects them to convert to signing bonuses to spread down the line. There's an anticipation of a LARGE cap bump next year (2016) and they are one of a small number that are spending that money before its announced. Byrd, graham and other high price guys all had these built in this year, despite many on this board insisting the GM had no plan.

Their GM has publicly stated that last year was tighter financially and they came away a big player in FA. The bonuses alone get them under the cap- then you shave a few guys you don't have in your plans or bad values and you inject younger blood. Maybe a Colston or Evans for instance. Good players that simply are aging out of the high pay bracket they are in, for instance

Yeah but they can't do that so they will probably cut Brees. :)

not her best look,

my wife watches that show every day so I see plenty of it and got to admit it's pretty funny and have become somewhat attached to the characters. All I know is Amy and Sheldon better have "coitus" before the series ends or there will be a real big bang coming from the fans.

This show isn't funny. They say it's for smart people, but that's not it. You don't have to be smart to get the joke. You just have to know that the characters are smart. It's terribly written, and the acting is even worse.