Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if that's sacrcasm or not (tough to tell sometimes). At any rate as a New Orleanian and someone that follows them pretty closely there is a 0.0% chance of him being made available.

Maybe you're right. How about this deal. 2016 first for Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy and Jordy Nelson. Would you do that one?

The Saints are my second favorite team (my wife is from New Orleans), so I follow them, albeit not as closely as the Bills. With that said, I would still say no. The main reason being that I don't think Brees has too much left in the tank (last nights game being an anomaly, as that's the best he's looked all year). I think his surgically repaired shoulder is finally starting to wear down on him. I have seen him underthrow too many balls these last couple years, and giving away a first rounder for him, I believe would be too much. I love Drew Brees, and was a big fan of his coming out of Purdue, but I really do think his body is starting to betray him.

Had you asked me this before the season started, I would've said a resounding he!! yes...

Yes i would. Provided we had an OC who knew how to use Brees w Sammy and CJ and Woods.

Right now i think if the Bills had any QB back there Marrone and Hackett would ruin him.

I think the issues with the OC are exacerbated by crappy QB play. If Orton completed just 1 of 7 passes in the redzone to score a TD in the KC game (or if Brown doesn't fumble away the TD), we are in a playoff spot and the complaining would be dimished greatly.

I'm not sure if that's sacrcasm or not (tough to tell sometimes). At any rate as a New Orleanian and someone that follows them pretty closely there is a 0.0% chance of him being made available.

Then you realize that the Saints have 7 current players that account for approximately 95 M towards the 2016 salary cap. Next year's cap is projected to be around 140 M, which Brees (26.4 M) and Byrd (10.5) are coming off of fresh deal. Granted a lot of these contracts will get restructured, they have to, but to say that they have a wee bit of a problem would be a huge understatement. Keep in mind that there has been some rumblings since their Super Bowl victory that Payton is looking to fly the coop.

Needless to say that in the aftermath of this season's play at QB that Buffalo should be more than willing to pay a pretty penny for the quality of QB that Brees is. Everything has a price and this could solve some serious problems for the Saints' organization. It doesn't hurt that Marrone was the OC the first 3 years that Brees was there so I wouldn't expect Marrone to object to this type of trade. I say trade 1 Boilmamer QB for another!