If you live in the market of a different NFL team...

YoloinOhio

If you live in the market of a different NFL team...  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Have you:

• Become a fan of that team (but 2nd to the Bills)?
    • Become a fan of that team (more than the Bills)?
    • Grown to strongly dislike that team?
    • Become apathetic to that team, despite all the coverage/knowledge you get?

I live in The DC area. I hate the Deadskins because of XXVI. I hope they go 0-16 for eternity.

I vaguely pay attention to the Ravens. The one complication is my wife's family is from Erie, PA. they mistakenly root for the Browns. So needless to say Browns families really hate the Ravens (Browns 1.0).

Good thing I don't have to worry about the Bills leaving because I don't know what I'd do. I always liked the Chargers from the Foutes days to Brees and Rivers.

Did I mention I hate the Deadskins and their stupid fans. the Franchise is a disaster yet every pre-season "Hey we're gonna go 16-0, maybe 14-2 worst case." Then they're shocked when they miss the playoffs. Just a crazy fan base.

I live in Bethesda. I totally agree with your views on the Redskins and their fans. I love it when they lose. Baltimore is OK by me. But the only team that matters is the Bills. They are like a bad addiction that consumes you and is not good for your health-- but you are addicted so short of rehab there is nothing you can do.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived near Detroit for 6 years in the 80's - 90's and I am a fan of them second to the Bills of course. I have lived in NC since just before the Panthers were created, I'm not really a fan of them and don't follow them other than for fantasy football.

The best thing about the Panthers is that the Redksins are no longer the regional team. I couldn't stand watching them on TV all the damn time.

Edited by leper65

What part of ATL are you in? Are you going to the Bills backers bar on Sunday?

I'll probably go to Whitehall Tavern for the opener. There's another place closer to home near the Vinings I usually go, until the season turns south when I watch at home on the ticket. Whitehall Tavern will be rockin'! It's bounced around for a few years, but I think it's the second season there. My wife will even go sometimes to watch the event more than the game.

This topic is interesting to me...

In 1990 I moved from Rochester to Charlotte NC and they got the Panthers in 95... Initially...though I knew it was great for the city...I had this unnatural hatred for the Panthers...I really don't even know why...Of course as a BIG fan of local sports talk radio, and also someone who was in his car for 75% of every day, it was impossible not to keep up with the Panthers...But I never liked them...I kind of routed against them...

Then in 2010 I moved back to Rochester and my favorite College football player to watch that year was Cam Newton...And the Panthers get him...Plus my 15 year old Nephew is a huge Panthers fan and we are very close...So...I've softened on the Panthers quite a bit...I like them now...They're kind of my 2nd team now...I'll be able to follow them a little more when i move to Wilmington NC in Nov... B-)

I'll probably go to Whitehall Tavern for the opener. There's another place closer to home near the Vinings I usually go, until the season turns south when I watch at home on the ticket. Whitehall Tavern will be rockin'! It's bounced around for a few years, but I think it's the second season there. My wife will even go sometimes to watch the event more than the game.

I will be at Whitehall as well with the lady friend! Hopefully we get a good showing.

Despite the short success period the Texans had since I got down here, I've remained loyal to the Bills. I honestly just think I'm addicted to bad teams. I was an Indians fan in baseball, but I was a fan because they were Buffalo's parent team, so really no strong connections to the team, especially since they left two years before I moved. So when I came to Houston, I've slowly become an Astros fan. I honestly just think I'm addicted to bad team, and have fear of (sports) success.

I live in Bethesda. I totally agree with your views on the Redskins and their fans. I love it when they lose. Baltimore is OK by me. But the only team that matters is the Bills. They are like a bad addiction that consumes you and is not good for your health-- but you are addicted so short of rehab there is nothing you can do.

Is there rehab for this - if so I may need it!

I like pro football and I appreciate when it's played well so I'll pay attention to any good team out there. And yes, that includes NE earlier in the century. Loved the Seahawks in the last SB. But the only team I'm a true fan of is the Bills. I believe it's a form of mental or emotional illness. Maybe both.

BTW, I don't dislike any other team...not even the Cowboys: them I hate.

I moved to Columbia, SC from Rochester a little over 2 years ago. We're about an hour and 15 minutes from Charlotte, which makes the Panthers the local NFL team.I haven't paid any more attention to them or any other team than when I lived in Rochester.Even with the panthers less than 100 miles away, there's not really an NFL culture around here the way there is in WNY. College football is a much bigger deal. I was never really a college football fan growing up or when I lived in Rochester, but the longer I'm here the more I find myself taking an interest in the Gamecocks. Evejn with them, I still wouldnt call my level of interest being a fan, more of a casual observer.

Edited by Chandemonium

Having grown up in Buffalo in the 70s and 80s, I am still a loyal fan. I have lived in DC, San Diego and now NYC. I couldn't stand the deadskins, and now hate the Jets because of the overwrought local media attention. I am still apathetic to the Giants and though the Bills have been struggling, I couldn't root for any other team.

Don't think the NFL realizes the loyalty Bills fans have.

I hear ya. If the steelers are in the playoffs, we get a ton if free food and casual days at work.

Thursdays at my office are Football jersey day. Rock my Jim Kelly jersey every week. This week is "super fan" Thrusday. So I'll be rockin' the Zubaz.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Lived in Pittsburg in the early 80's hatted their obnoxious fans. Was nice when we started beating them regularly and they were down. Rooted for them when they beat Seattle to win the SUPERBOWL. Was in town and hung out at a local bar, loved the atmosphere and kind of like the team today.

Moved to Columbus and hated the bengals and browns. Watched the browns beat is in the playoffs and then the icky shuffle days.

Moved to Tampa in 92-93 when they were horrible. Could go and sit in the press box for free but only went twice. Couldn't stand the bandwagon fans when they won the Super Bowl. Based on conversations I had they must have had about 500,000 season ticket holders from their in first year thru the SUPERBOWL. Many of those don't care today, especially after the season nose dives.

I seldom watch anyone but the Bills. Even when stuck in a hotel room on a Monday/Thursday with few channels available. Especially if I can find a hockey game.

Been working in Charlotte since Feb, every sun-Thursday. Have no interest at all in panthers.

There is a local sports announcer in Tampa that gets fired up about the transplants that don't convert to the local teams. The guy actually get quite pissed at people who call in to pledge allegiance to their hometown teams. He just goes off on them. I laugh and try to figure out why anyone would call when you know the outcome. He will call you names and eventually hang up, totally one sided. After that he'll talk about how dumb you were for the next 10 minutes while you are off air. I hate the guy and try not to listen cause there is only his opinion, everyone else is wrong and ignorant.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

I will be at Whitehall as well with the lady friend! Hopefully we get a good showing.

Did you say you're new to Atlanta? Last year I stayed closer to home and added the Ticket which I had missed since relocating. Previous years at Tavern 99 and Hudson Grill seemed to have 300+ people and it's all about the Bills (unless you count the alcohol). I stopped at Whitehall recently for lunch but they were remodeling. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Unless the Bears ruin for all of us...

Moved to Phoenix in 1999, just in time to see the homerun throwback, Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs since I left. I was indifferent towards the cardinals early and wasn't sure how much I wanted them to win the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh.

But now I like them more, maybe because the Bills have been so frustrating to watch and the Cards have been pretty exciting.

It's not a big conflict because the only time we could meet in the playoffs is the Super Bowl so.....

I'll never go to a Cards game if it means I would miss a Bills game, so the only time I can go is a bye week or MNF.

Moved to Phoenix in 1999, just in time to see the homerun throwback, Bills haven't sniffed the playoffs since I left. I was indifferent towards the cardinals early and wasn't sure how much I wanted them to win the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh.

But now I like them more, maybe because the Bills have been so frustrating to watch and the Cards have been pretty exciting.

It's not a big conflict because the only time we could meet in the playoffs is the Super Bowl so.....

I'll never go to a Cards game if it means I would miss a Bills game, so the only time I can go is a bye week or MNF.

I try to make it to a Texans pre-season game every year, tickets are normally like 20 bucks. Honestly, I'm not sure I would want the Texans to win the SB. I always have mixed feelings about them. I really like the players, JJ Watt is a beast on the field, and an angel off. The fanbase is what makes them hard to like. But even if I were to gravitate to them as a very distant #2 team, I still couldn't bring myself to root for a SB. I'll admit it'll be out of pure jealousy though. Luckily, doesn't seem they'll be getting there any time soon.

I am ok with panthers since the fans are pure bandwagon. Canes fans however have made me hate them

They have fans?

Live in the heart of Stiller country. I dont hate or love them, enjoy the rivalry with the Ravens. I do respect their organization however.....complete 180 of the Bills. Constantly think about the draft they got Big Ben and we ended up with JP. And watching the Ravens(we get the division games) I curse, rue, hate whoever was responsible for taking Whitner when just about every mock draft had Ngata going to the Bills with that pick. I also think about Lebeau being the head coach, but that ship sailed years and years ago.

I've moved around a lot. Generally I don't care one way or the other about the local team, but when I lived in the Bay Area I came to loath both the Raiders and 49ers, largely because of the fans. When I lived near DC I hated the Redskins. In other areas where I lived, I wasn't quite so close to NFL cities and maybe the fact that I wasn't drowning in minutiae about teams I don't care about helped me just ignore them.

I can easily imagine someone from another NFL city moving to Buffalo, and hating the Bills, just out of oversaturation. But who cares. Buffalo is Bills territory.

none of the avove, lived in richmond for 20 years, now philly for 5 years, no self respecting fan would EVER root for an NFC team....almost as bad as rooting for an NL baseball team....yuch

i'll be in sheffield for my annual visit in october...talk about the land that time forgot

Now that`s really out in the boonies F I C. Lots of snow.