If you live in the market of a different NFL team...

YoloinOhio

If you live in the market of a different NFL team...  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Have you:

• Become a fan of that team (but 2nd to the Bills)?
    • Become a fan of that team (more than the Bills)?
    • Grown to strongly dislike that team?
    • Become apathetic to that team, despite all the coverage/knowledge you get?

I live in San Diego and I've grown to become a casual fan of the Chargers. Not a rabid fan of the team, but I watch the games and root for them so long as they're not playing the Bills. My wife's family and most of my friends are big Chargers fans, so it's kind of come natural for me to root for them. I would never become a fan of a natural rival like the Dolphins, Pats or Jets/Giants. Definitely die-hard Bills fan for life.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a military brat, raised by a jets fan, in a patriots family. I'm 32 and started to get interested in football during the Bills glory years. Not really having a true home team I was free to pick who I liked, and have never looked back.

Over the course of my dad, than my military careers I have had the Seahawks, chargers, Panthers, jets/ giants and Jags as home teams. I pull for and follow the home team where I live. Always, unless the Bills are playing. When the Bills are playing...... Nothing else exists....

Edited by JaxBills

I left Buffalo for college in the late 70's. Right now, I have lived in N. Baltimore County for close to 25 years. I'm not a Ravens fan at all, but almost all of my friends are, and I'm happy when they are happy... good times around here after their SB wins for sure, so the Ravens are OK with me. Last year's Bills-Ravens game was sweet though, I talked trash for a month lol.

I live in The DC area. I hate the Deadskins because of XXVI. I hope they go 0-16 for eternity.

I vaguely pay attention to the Ravens. The one complication is my wife's family is from Erie, PA. they mistakenly root for the Browns. So needless to say Browns families really hate the Ravens (Browns 1.0).

Good thing I don't have to worry about the Bills leaving because I don't know what I'd do. I always liked the Chargers from the Foutes days to Brees and Rivers.

Did I mention I hate the Deadskins and their stupid fans. the Franchise is a disaster yet every pre-season "Hey we're gonna go 16-0, maybe 14-2 worst case." Then they're shocked when they miss the playoffs. Just a crazy fan base.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Grown to strongly dislike that team - because it's the Redskins.

the next up is Baltimore which I can't get behind either unless they play the Putz and win.

Half of the issue is the local Radio sports guys are always thinking the Skins are a MUCH better team than Buffalo when in fact the Bills are historically a slightly better team in wins/ losses over the past decade.

I'd have no problem cheering on the Saints as a good #2 and when I lived there Carolina because there were a lot of Bills in their inaugural season.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I've been in San Jose for 9.5 years now and it's Niners/Raiders country. The Niners new stadium and my work are within 7 miles from my house. Doesn't matter, still a Bills fan. I hear about the Niners a lot obviously but I only follow them in January when the bills are on the couch

Live in Houston now. I really wanted to like the Texans as a second team. Even bought a t-shirt or two. JJ Watt is great on and off the field.

But the fans. I can't stand them. They're the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Houston is that way in all sports though. And they have this sense of entitlement like they're due because they've gone through 12 whole years without a Super Bowl. They applauded and cheered when their player went down. They burnt their jerseys in the parking lot.

Living in Philly, I couldn't care less about the Eagles . . .Total apathy.

me too! it was laughable a couple of years ago when they had to postpone a game on account of snow! this myth about the "rough and tough" philly fan was exposed.. they are frontrunners and actually a bunch of wussies.. i am strictly a bills fan through and through despite the agony.. Edited by dwight in philly

Live in Utah, only root for the Bills. Over the last 11 years, the only people I watch games with are Packers fans. They adopted me and we show both Bills and Packers game on two different tvs

I had a foodie at the airport tell me I shouldn't wear my Bills gear.... jokingly of course....

So I wondered which team does Utah support?

Denver?

Arizona?

Live in Houston now. I really wanted to like the Texans as a second team. Even bought a t-shirt or two. JJ Watt is great on and off the field.

But the fans. I can't stand them. They're the most fair weather fan base in the NFL. Houston is that way in all sports though. And they have this sense of entitlement like they're due because they've gone through 12 whole years without a Super Bowl. They applauded and cheered when their player went down. They burnt their jerseys in the parking lot.

When did Houston go to a SB?

When did Houston go to a SB?

They didn't. But the team has only existed for 12 years.

I had a foodie at the airport tell me I shouldn't wear my Bills gear.... jokingly of course....

So I wondered which team does Utah support?

Denver?

Arizona?

I work at a call center, talk to people from all over the country. Most people in Utah tell me they're Broncos fans.