If you live in the market of a different NFL team...

YoloinOhio

If you live in the market of a different NFL team...  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Have you:

• Become a fan of that team (but 2nd to the Bills)?
    • Become a fan of that team (more than the Bills)?
    • Grown to strongly dislike that team?
    • Become apathetic to that team, despite all the coverage/knowledge you get?

Grew up in Pendleton and moved to Tampa in 1983. Learned to love the Bucs, but Bills are still my #1, I rationalized it as they are an NFC team. Then moved to Fairfield, CA in 1985 and while I enjoyed the Raiders and Niners I only went to the games when the Bills played, not a pleasant experience in Oakland. Then finally moved to Colorado in 1998 and I truly ignore the Broncos, though I know a decent amount about them. Get Sunday Ticket every year to see the Bills play...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Atlanta for a couple years during the whole Vick scandal, and was completely apathetic to them, much like most of the area. UGA has more sway down there. Be that as it may, I wasn't a UB fan until I coached a couple kids who have been recruited to play for them, so I enjoyed drinking beers with my neighbors while watching games down there.

Lived in the Eulers market and hated them.

Lived in the Saints market during the Mora era and they were my #2 behind the Bills.

As a math teacher, I have huge appreciation for that reference.

I get the Foreskins and the Ravens games living in Northern VA. I could care less about the Foreskins but do watch some Ravens games during the year. In general, I am a fan of football and will watch any game that is a good competitive one. Still, nothing beats a Bills game, especially watching it with a group of Bills fans (highly recommend Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA).

I was in Boston for the last 14 years so I think the answer to that one is very obvious. It's so easy to hate when the fans are that obnoxious.

Now I've been in the Raleigh area for about a month. I can't picture every caring all that much about the Panthers. They've always been a team that is way off my radar.

I live in Atlanta. I am pretty indifferent to the Falcons, but it is entertaining seeing how much the fan base in a bunch of fair weather band wagon jumpers. When the Falcons are not doing well, all you hear about is college football, when they are doing well, everyone acts like they have been a die hard fan since the 70's. You don't see nearly as many people wearing Falcons gear on a daily basis like you do with Bills gear in Buffalo.

I'm somewhere in the middle of liking and disliking. I'm from Australia but moved to NYC 3 years ago. My best friend back at home is a huge Giants fan and living here I definitely don't mind the giants, especially after the super bowl wins over the Pats. But since moving here my hatred for the jets has definitely gotten stronger.

I've been to sporting events all over the world and I never been amongst such horrible fans as the jets. Cant stand them!!

I live in Atlanta. I am pretty indifferent to the Falcons, but it is entertaining seeing how much the fan base in a bunch of fair weather band wagon jumpers. When the Falcons are not doing well, all you hear about is college football, when they are doing well, everyone acts like they have been a die hard fan since the 70's. You don't see nearly as many people wearing Falcons gear on a daily basis like you do with Bills gear in Buffalo.

What part of ATL are you in? Are you going to the Bills backers bar on Sunday?

I had lived in Raleigh for the last 4 years. I rooted for the Panthers as the home state team but I was, am, and always will be a Bills fan through and through. I now have moved to Maine, and am right in the heart of NE Cheatriots country. I hate the Cheatriots with a passion, and that will never change.

I am in the middle of Ravens and Deadskins country - about evenly split I would say. I loath the Skins. I am more apathetic to the Ravens. At least they have real fans and Baltimore is a great NFL city. I would NEVER flip the switch though. Bills fan for life. If they were to move or cease to exist (does not look at all likely) I would just be done with the NFL.

This is my EXACT situation as well, except for the fact that "loath" is way too positive a description of my feelings toward the Washington team. I live in MD and have tried really hard to root for the Ravens whenever doing so had no impact on the Bills, but I could never get myself to truly care about whether they won or lost. Edited by Bills Fan in MD

This is my EXACT situation as well, except for the fact that "loath" is way too positive a description of my feelings toward the Washington team. I live in MD and have tried really hard to root for the Ravens whenever doing so had no impact on the Bills, but I could never get myself to truly care about whether they won or lost.

So are the Washington fans/media as down on RG3 as it seems?

This has actually been a hot topic among my family and friends recently as I have moved down to South Carolina a few months ago. I hope to continue to be a Bills fan for life, but have changed my stance over the past few years. When the Bills are eliminated from contention, I still watch every game, but I do allow myself to track another team with players I like in hopes that they see a playoff run or Superbowl. Because I came from Albany and was able to watch the Giants camp, I started to root for BigBlue toward the second half of the season, and had been ever so happy whenever they beat the Pats*

That said, I do grow tired of watching a half assed product and could see myself from not caring about the NFL much if I weren't a Bills fan first and foremost. The reasons I may not be a Bills fan first and foremost at some point would be if they moved... obviously. Or if the constant FO/coach/player turnover continues. Specifically the QB position. I am hopeful this year about EJ accumulating a bunch of yards, TD's and confidence - but should he continue to be mediocre, that probably means another boring season or two of watching him, or, worse.. Starting over again. One thing I believe that would tip the scales for me even more is if the new owner dumps Doug Whaley. I believe Whaley can truly build this team back to the playoffs, and furthermore I believe he can build a Super Bowl winning team. I also believe he will force Crossman and/or Hackett, perhaps even Marrone out if he sees another sub-par job coming from those folks.

Basically, my Bills fandom hinges on Doug Whaley - and I feel relatively comfortable about that.