If you live in the market of a different NFL team...

YoloinOhio

If you live in the market of a different NFL team...  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Have you:

• Become a fan of that team (but 2nd to the Bills)?
    • Become a fan of that team (more than the Bills)?
    • Grown to strongly dislike that team?
    • Become apathetic to that team, despite all the coverage/knowledge you get?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved to Ohio 21 years ago. I still don't care about the Browns or Bengals, despite living smack dab in the middle. I have a family member who is currently high up in the FO of another team. He has been with the FOs of 2 other NFL teams as well since 1997. Yet I still am not a "real" fan of his current team or the two that came before. Sure, I hope they do well for his livelihood. But its nothing like I feel about the team I was born to be a fan of.

Curious about the rest of you - Love, hate, or indifference toward the team you are surrounded by vs the one you were born into?

Well I sure hope your family member high up in another teams FO. At least try's to bribe you with some high quality team swag, that you can off on e-bay for a tidy profit?

Living here in north cenral pa. It`s ruff with these redneck stullar fans. Don`t even mention the Bills, we sux, super loses,Still saying Boy I like losing super bowls. Many,many, smart remarks.

Whereabouts in North central PA ? Didn't know that civilization had touched that part of the earth.

I left western New York 20 years ago when I was 10 and I'm still loyal. I don't understand people with a "2nd favorite team." I only have one team.

I think it refers to where you follow your local team (on purpose, not just because you are forced to listen to the media coverage) and hope they win, but don't live and die by their success.

Well I sure hope your family member high up in another teams FO. At least try's to bribe you with some high quality team swag, that you can off on e-bay for a tidy profit?

Nope. Have a ton from his last team, but none from the current. WTF! lol Edited by YoloinOhio

I've been a Ravens fan since 1997 when my parents moved to Baltimore.

The last Ravens SB win wasn't as emotionally satisfying as when the Bills pulled off a win against the Pats a couple years ago.

And a Ravens loss doesn't ruin my day the way a Bills loss does either.

So Bills then Ravens as far as NFL goes.

I've been in Texas for 9 years, and still hate the Cowgirls and I am ambivalent to the Texans.

Moved to Connecticut at a young age. It's aweful to live in a place that has no affiliation. Being a die hard committed Buffalo fan I get harrassed by the same idiots year in and year out. in the 90s they all were cowboy fans, 2000s patriot fans and lately the same people are giants and even Seahawks fans. It's such a joke. The year the hurricanes won the cup the morons who wouldn't support the Whalers were rocking hurricanes gear.

I live between Tampa, and Miami, hate the Dolphins for obvious reasons. Never really liked or disliked the Bucs. However I was glad to see them finally win a Superbowl, and a Stanley Cup, thinking we were soon to join the parade. I am still thinking that way, forever optimistic. I can also tell you the Miami fans are bigger whiners, and band wagon fans then Buffalo will ever see!

I live in Seahawks country. When I moved here 10 years ago (never lived in NYS) I was going to root for them as favorite NFC team. I did for a while. I was on the drumline in 2005 and went with them to the Super Bowl.

But then it happened. They hired Pete Carroll. Then they turned into a$$holes and cheaters.

Now I can't stand them. I root against them in every game unless it can help the Bills.

The mighty "12th Man" is nothing but bandwaggoneerism run amuck. When they're not good, no one cares about them and they don't sell out. Now the 12th Man out, everywhere, and they love their Hawks!!

I'll probably go back to root for them some once Pete leaves, but they'll still have the stench, so we'll see. They're classless.

Edited by reddogblitz

Live in South Florida, and have been for many years. Back in the Super Bowl era I Iived in Tampa and grew a bit fond of the Bucs, but not personally invested. Miami was still the bitter enemy then, and remained so when I moved to Ft Lauderdale before the 2000 season. However, after almost 15 years of ineptitude from Buffalo, and almost as many for the Dolphins, I honestly have become NFL apathetic. I am not nearly as emotionally invested in the Bills as I had been back in the day, but, rather, resigned to their perpetual doormat status. I don't get crap here anymore from Dolphin fans, just commiseration of our mutual plight.

This year is the first time in years I've posted on the message board. In the meantime, I missed more games than I watched and haven't lost sleep over a loss in many years. Age I'm sure has something to do with it (47 now), but being out of the area also helps with becoming desensitized to the losing.

The reason I'm back now to comment: The ending of the treasonous Toronto abortion, and the prospects of Pegula buying the team and committing long term to the 716. Undoing a wrong and giving hope to the future. In the present, however, I see no reason for optimism...and I really don't care if the Bills stans on the board attack me for not "Billieving" enough. Have at it, kids.

To summarize: As long as the team stays in Buffalo and has a future owner to believe in I'm happy. Cheers to the future.

I paid little to no attention to the Buc's when living near Tampa (though I did get cooked thoroughly at a couple early season games - don't make THAT mistake). Now living in Atlanta, I am aware of the dome where they play, and even attended one game in the Presidents box (long story). That still wasn't enough to make me a fan. College football in general is growing on me though, especially with a son at FSU.

I lived all over the country the last 37 years or so. There is only one NFL team I care about, win or lose. Usually ignore the local team, but I hate the Patriots, living in NH the past 20 years.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I live in North Carolina and really couldn't care less about the Panthers. Don't hate them, don't like them. They're just "there."

^^^ This exactly, I also live in NC and the Panthers are just another team to me. I probably know a little bit more about them than other teams, but I have no allegiance at all.

Moved to Connecticut at a young age. It's aweful to live in a place that has no affiliation. Being a die hard committed Buffalo fan I get harrassed by the same idiots year in and year out. in the 90s they all were cowboy fans, 2000s patriot fans and lately the same people are giants and even Seahawks fans. It's such a joke. The year the hurricanes won the cup the morons who wouldn't support the Whalers were rocking hurricanes gear.

Yes, that is annoying. I have a bit of the same thing here in Columbus, where the "pro team" is a college team and there are tons of "fans" of various NFL teams. My favorite Bengals "fans" are the ones who I see walking around the mall on Sundays, wearing their Bengals jerseys, DURING the Bengals game! :( Edited by YoloinOhio