Jeff Fool and Baddeus Lewis

Nuncha

Kyle Orton on line one. Patch him through to Mr. Whaley.

The only bad part of bringing in Orton is that the players would demand he play, as EJ stares at one guy and throws directly into gigantic defensive-line paws.

Not picking Manziel is going to hurt for a while. He'd be able to make us viable without Sammy. Williams, Woods and Goodwin would have been enough.

Instead, we have an All Pro offense and the second best Florida State quarterback over the past 3 years. Pathetic.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Orton on line one. Patch him through to Mr. Whaley.

The only bad part of bringing in Orton is that the players would demand he play, as EJ stares at one guy and throws directly into gigantic defensive-line paws.

Not picking Manziel is going to hurt for a while. He'd be able to make us viable without Sammy. Williams, Woods and Goodwin would have been enough.

Instead, we have an All Pro offense and the second best Florida State quarterback over the past 3 years. Pathetic.

Yes to Kyle Orton.

I am still on the blame Hackett train. Sorry but the play calling, preseason or not, is disgustingly bad. Marrone would have been wise to upgrade that spot on the coaching staff before doing anything else this off season.

I said this last night. Josh Freeman is a free agent. He is 26 and has elite NFL physical attributes. In 2012 he threw for 27 TDs and over 4000 yards.

Something happened that caused him to fall off a cliff, no doubt. I did a little research on it last night and it sounds a lot like he got railroaded by Shiano (who we know is a full blown scumbag) who may have leaked that Freeman failed a drug test which was actually because Freeman changed his ADHD medication.

In any case. I'd rather have Josh Freeman and at least a chance that he can compete in the NFL than two guys that should be playing flag football.

I said this last night. Josh Freeman is a free agent. He is 26 and has elite NFL physical attributes. In 2012 he threw for 27 TDs and over 4000 yards.

Something happened that caused him to fall off a cliff, no doubt. I did a little research on it last night and it sounds a lot like he got railroaded by Shiano (who we know is a full blown scumbag) who may have leaked that Freeman failed a drug test which was actually because Freeman changed his ADHD medication.

In any case. I'd rather have Josh Freeman and at least a chance that he can compete in the NFL than two guys that should be playing flag football.

Isn't he also a certified douchebag? The Bucs seemed to think so. His ego far outweighs his skill set.

Isn't he also a certified douchebag? The Bucs seemed to think so. His ego far outweighs his skill set.

I'd be curious how you know this. You might be right, just don't know what evidence there is to suggest it.

I am still on the blame Hackett train. Sorry but the play calling, preseason or not, is disgustingly bad. Marrone would have been wise to upgrade that spot on the coaching staff before doing anything else this off season.

I tend to agree...I've said all along the chances are great that Hackett was in well above his head...And that's just a statement based in pure logic...You don't need to be a football guru to understand the jump from SU OC to NFL OC is a big, big, jump...That cannot be denied...I'm quite sure there are wiz kids who are capable of the jump...It does not seem to me, at least at this point, that Hackett is one of those wiz kids...This turn-back-the-clock Offensive approach is the perfect formula for losing close games in today's NFL...

And if I hear one more reference here to the Seahawks approach on Offense I'm going to projectile vomit...That Offense may be run first, but they are always looking to push the ball down the field when the opportunity presents itself...They are like snipers...They wait, and then they hit you...Hard!...And they are relentless in their approach...They are the proverbial sharks with blood in the water...This Bills Offense is absolutely nothing like the Seahawks in actual execution...Nothing...

Preseason or not I would challenge any Bills fanatic to prove to me this Offense looks any different than the one we saw in the regular season last year...They are going to try to pound the ball on 1st and 2nd down, and hope for manageable 3rd downs where EJ can take a 3-step and complete a short pass...The ball is rarely going to go more than 20 yards in the air...We will be the most predictable Offense in the league on 1st down...And we will struggle mightily in the red zone because we're a run first team that cannot run consistently...Heck we can barely get a yard when we need it...

That being said...Tuel and Lewis are simply not good enough...I do see improvement in EJ, albeit small...But Lewis has definitively regressed, and Tuel is the same guy only in better shape so he can run a little more...Tuel's arm is noticeably sub-par...It's all very disappointing...I'll continue to hold out hope that some magic will happen in the regular season...But all I see right now is the same thing I saw last year...And yes, I think it's mostly Hackett... B-)

How bad is Dennis Dixon when he can't even steal a snap from Tuel or Lewis in preseason ?

I doubt its a statement as to how bad Dixon is, its more of the bromance that Marrone / Hackett have for Tuel & Lewis.

Dixon is a known commodity and they realize he isn't taking them to the playoffs anytime soon on his own. But then neither are the other two, this coaching staff just doesn't realize it yet.

I'm wondering about Mizzou QB James Franklin. He's on the Lions' depth chart as 4th.

Other 4th QBs right now are Sanchez, Alex Tanney, Josh Portis,

Who knows about the Chiefs. Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray will push Chase Daniel.

Z01QBh8RSv

Edited by Astrobot

I think the "because he knows the playbook" excuse to keep either one of these guys on the roster, is losing some of its' bite.

As long as we have 1 backup healthy and familiar it's easier to make a move going into the season. Just have to target the right guy that would be worth a move.

As long as we have 1 backup healthy and familiar it's easier to make a move going into the season. Just have to target the right guy that would be worth a move.

The Bills had scouts in Minnesota for the Vikings game vs Arizona. Looking at Ponder perhaps?

If they're gonna get someone, they have to be super careful. After all, who wants to start a 1st stringer controversy as the result of solving your backup controversy? It's a tough position management has put themselves in. If EJ had started this preseason off the charts good, I can see it. With the team failing to score TDs, it creates a whole different set of problems. It may be Whaley's first real fupp in his time here. I suggested a few weeks ago, we get a QB who is and only will ever be a solid #2. Those guys are out there, right?

So you are saying Marrone does or doesn't know what going on with the Offense ?

I think the "because he knows the playbook" excuse to keep either one of these guys on the roster, is losing some of its' bite.

Even Whaley must see that

Stats from the 3 preseason games so far

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % Int Int % Rating

Jeff Tuel 31 21 146 67.7% 4.7 2 6.5% 2 6.5% 72.8

EJ Manuel 47 28 263 59.6% 5.6 0 0.0% 1 2.1% 66.2

Thad Lewis 33 17 168 51.5% 5.1 0 0.0% 2 6.1% 40.1

If they're gonna get someone, they have to be super careful. After all, who wants to start a 1st stringer controversy as the result of solving your backup controversy? It's a tough position management has put themselves in. If EJ had started this preseason off the charts good, I can see it. With the team failing to score TDs, it creates a whole different set of problems. It may be Whaley's first real fupp in his time here. I suggested a few weeks ago, we get a QB who is and only will ever be a solid #2. Those guys are out there, right?

There's no qb controversy potential. Ej is the qb unless he fails badly enough to lose marrones job too.

You have to let him play and see where his progression goes.

Not so fast, he's still advocating for Tebow.

Hmmmm..... BB can we get a recap of who you like and don't like at qb these days? This Landry jones turnabout really caught me by surprise.

i'm not so quick to dismiss Thad. he did beat the Dolphins twice last year and showed a lot of poise. i don't think Tuel will ever be a good enough NFL QB. I would love for them to bring in a veteran as the #2 guy as soon as one becomes available.

The Bills had scouts in Minnesota for the Vikings game vs Arizona. Looking at Ponder perhaps?

Or maybe (*gasp*) Matt Cassel. It really wouldn't hurt for the Bills to have a veteran backup. Too many young, inexperienced QBs on this roster.

This is why I was a little disappointed when Kevin Kolb went on IR last year. Yeah, he's not the Jim Kelly-type of savior, but at least he could have played a few games and let EJ watch. Kolb had been around a few years, so at least he had *some* starting experience.

Or maybe (*gasp*) Matt Cassel. It really wouldn't hurt for the Bills to have a veteran backup. Too many young, inexperienced QBs on this roster.

This is why I was a little disappointed when Kevin Kolb went on IR last year. Yeah, he's not the Jim Kelly-type of savior, but at least he could have played a few games and let EJ watch. Kolb had been around a few years, so at least he had *some* starting experience.

It definitely won't be Cassel since the Vikings are going with him as their starting QB for week 1. Ponder is the one Viking QB who might be expendable.