Jeff Fool and Baddeus Lewis

Nuncha

If they cut Cassel I would be all over that. I said it when he was briefly a free agent at the end of the season. People forget with Cassel it is not just the year subbing for Brady but he had 2 years as the starter in Kansas City, the second of which he threw for over 3,000 yards, 27-7 TD-INT ratio and a 93.0 passer rating as the Chiefs made the play-offs. He then had an injury disrupted year the next year and played horribly in his last year at KC as he and Brady Quinn swapped the starting job between them, but i thought he was steady for the Vikings last year and he could push EJ for the starting job. However, they are not going to cut him. He will start the first 5/6 games at a guess before they think about going to Bridgewater.

Ponder I see as purely a back up in this league.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source?

They would have had a scout there regardless because we play them this year. The pro scouts go to every PS and reg season game of the scheduled opponents.

If they cut Cassel I would be all over that. I said it when he was briefly a free agent at the end of the season. People forget with Cassel it is not just the year subbing for Brady but he had 2 years as the starter in Kansas City, the second of which he threw for over 3,000 yards, 27-7 TD-INT ratio and a 93.0 passer rating as the Chiefs made the play-offs. He then had an injury disrupted year the next year and played horribly in his last year at KC as he and Brady Quinn swapped the starting job between them, but i thought he was steady for the Vikings last year and he could push EJ for the starting job. However, they are not going to cut him. He will start the first 5/6 games at a guess before they think about going to Bridgewater.

Ponder I see as purely a back up in this league.

everythung I have heard is cassell has won the starting job and teddy will be the backup to start the season. If anyone is cut it will be ponder. As I stated before I think he is a great backup. He isn't going to be a great starter but he can play well enough to be the #2.

I agree Yolo. Ponder is the one likely to be cut and the Bills should be doing whatever they can to get to the front of the queue to take him. Thad did ok at times for us last year but he has been horrible in pre-season and teams will have more film on him this year too and I think he would find it more difficult. Some of the limited success he had last year was teams knowing nothing about him.