New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Bon Jovi want to walk into this hornet's nest at this point?

He will be public enemy #1 from the day he sets foot in town here, and no matter what he says people are going to villify and boo him.

He is better served waiting to buy a team like the Rams or something in a direct sale with no bidding.

Why would Bon Jovi want to walk into this hornet's nest at this point?

He will be public enemy #1 from the day he sets foot in town here, and no matter what he says people are going to villify and boo him.

He is better served waiting to buy a team like the Rams or something in a direct sale with no bidding.

That is the reason I have been saying from day one that the Toronto group has no chance in hell of getting the bid. There is no way the NFL would allow that for eight years. It's insanity. And it was, and remains, entirely predictable.

Unless you're reading the Torah.

Lol. Mazeltov!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/08/01/donald-trump-could-still-own-the-buffalo-bills/

If the next step (or a step at all) in the process is for potential owners to meet with members of the estate, I can't imagine them not selling to Pegula. He will obviously make a very compelling case to keep the Bills in WNY. I can't imagine sitting in that room as a family member, after being tied to WNY for all those years and knowing what the team means to the community, and passing on the opportunity to sell to someone who grew up a fan and will keep the team in Buffalo for many years to come. We don't know what the will says, but I have to think the the members of the trust will have a say in who they sell to.

Done!!

That is the reason I have been saying from day one that the Toronto group has no chance in hell of getting the bid. There is no way the NFL would allow that for eight years. It's insanity. And it was, and remains, entirely predictable.

I've always been a fan of Jon Bon Jovi (the person more than the singer/band, although I do think he has an outstanding voice). I've always respected that he's kept his nose clean throughout his life of fortune and fame - especially as a rock star.

I've tried to keep perspective with regard to being the fan of sports teams (mainly Bills and Mets), i.e. - not letting a loss ruin my day, or even an hour of my day, etc.

But I think I'm going to have a pretty significant level of dislike toward Jon Bon Jovi now. I think it's more than being a Bills fan. I think the whole thing has been schitty. I get that it's his money and he's going to try to make the investment that will end up with the biggest ROI. That's his WIFM.

So maybe it is just because I'm a Bills fan, but I don't care. As of right now, I think the guy is an a-hole.

Go Bills. And eff Jon Bon Blow Me.

http://www.washingto...-buffalo-bills/

If the next step (or a step at all) in the process is for potential owners to meet with members of the estate, I can't imagine them not selling to Pegula. He will obviously make a very compelling case to keep the Bills in WNY. I can't imagine sitting in that room as a family member, after being tied to WNY for all those years and knowing what the team means to the community, and passing on the opportunity to sell to someone who grew up a fan and will keep the team in Buffalo for many years to come. We don't know what the will says, but I have to think the the members of the trust will have a say in who they sell to.

Done!!

As the ancient philosopher tsnbd once said:

Stayin :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm speaking for myself but if Toronto got an NFL team it wouldnt change my support or anything.

I am a Bills fan through and through and I think that any real Bills fan in South Western Ontario would agree with me in saying that they would still be a Bills fan first.

I dont think Canadians are Bills fans because it's convienient and the team is close, I think they are Bills fans because they have a connection to the team and care about the franchise.

Again, maybe it's just me but if Toronto got an NFL team, to me it would be the same as any other city getting an NFL team.

CBF

That is one reason why you are one of my favorite guys on this board.

I've always been a fan of Jon Bon Jovi (the person more than the singer/band, although I do think he has an outstanding voice). I've always respected that he's kept his nose clean throughout his life of fortune and fame - especially as a rock star.

I've tried to keep perspective with regard to being the fan of sports teams (mainly Bills and Mets), i.e. - not letting a loss ruin my day, or even an hour of my day, etc.

But I think I'm going to have a pretty significant level of dislike toward Jon Bon Jovi now. I think it's more than being a Bills fan. I think the whole thing has been schitty. I get that it's his money and he's going to try to make the investment that will end up with the biggest ROI. That's his WIFM.

So maybe it is just because I'm a Bills fan, but I don't care. As of right now, I think the guy is an a-hole.

Go Bills. And eff Jon Bon Blow Me.

It could very well be that Bon Jovi would rather have the team in Buffalo than Toronto. But he aligned himself with the Toronto guys because he needed their money and they needed his cache with the NFL owners. I never really understood why any billionaire would put up 500m to NOT be an owner and not get all the glory and not go to the meetings while Jon Bon Fukking Jovi was getting all the good stuff and putting up less money. It has come out recently that they are all equal partners, which is what is killing them.

Not that they had a chance anyway.

I decided to troll the author of the Orlando Sentinel column (I'm bored) while taking some of the feedback from you guys. Here is what I sent him:

After reading your Bon Jovi column I could not help but think about how little any of us in New Orleans care about the Orlando Sentinel? I wonder if I would care more if Justin Beiber was "awarded the paper from the community of newspaper owners" (because apparently that is how these sales work). I always thought that the owner sold the team to the next owner? I learned something from you today; I learned that the NFL "awards teams" to people. Thanks!!

Hopefully, if Bon Jovi wins the team the NFL will "award" them to his "ancestors" (like the Fords did) when he dies!! It is really dumb to think that a celebrity is equally qualified to run a business as a BUSINESSMAN worth billions of dollars. It is even dumber to think that the NFL "awards teams" to prospective buyers (they simply confirm ownership). It is dumbest to think that the generations that follow you are your "ancestors" and not your "descendants." When Justin Beiber buys your irrelevant newspaper I hope that he fires you for being such a hack. Other than that keep up the good work!!

response:

Allow me to apologize for this form-letter response. I try to respond to e-mailers individually, but sometimes the mail bag overflows.

I did read every email and appreciate the input, even though I can’t physically do to myself what a few of you suggested. I also appreciate the web links to stories about what a fine place Buffalo is.

I have nothing bad to say about Upstate New York and hope my next honeymoon is at Niagara Falls. My point was that Buffalo’s football team has become a non-entity outside of the area.

I can relate, since the basketball team in Orlando (an armpit of a place with a terrible newspaper, as many of you pointed out) is in the same black hole. That’s why I suggested the Magic’s anonymous billionaire owner sell the team to the Kardashians.

Sadly, they are not in the market for an NBA team. But if Donald Trump or Jon Bon Jovi were, I’d love for either to become owner since it would make the Magic far more compelling beyond the 407 area code.

Endorsing one of them as an NFL owner doesn’t mean you’re anti-Bills. My guess is neither could do any worse than Ralph Wilson & Co. the past 15 years. And I understand why Bills fans are mortified over anyone who might move the team.

But as I wrote, I wasn’t speaking as a Buffalo fan. I was speaking as the average sports fan from Utah, North Carolina or Timbuktu. Call me crazy, but I think they would be more interested in the Bills if a guy like Trump or Bon Jovi were in the owner’s box.

Maybe Terry Pegula will get the team, start a second career as a famous rock star and we’ll all be happy.

Sincerely,

David Whitley

response:

Allow me to apologize for this form-letter response. I try to respond to e-mailers individually, but sometimes the mail bag overflows.

I did read every email and appreciate the input, even though I can’t physically do to myself what a few of you suggested. I also appreciate the web links to stories about what a fine place Buffalo is.

I have nothing bad to say about Upstate New York and hope my next honeymoon is at Niagara Falls. My point was that Buffalo’s football team has become a non-entity outside of the area.

I can relate, since the basketball team in Orlando (an armpit of a place with a terrible newspaper, as many of you pointed out) is in the same black hole. That’s why I suggested the Magic’s anonymous billionaire owner sell the team to the Kardashians.

Sadly, they are not in the market for an NBA team. But if Donald Trump or Jon Bon Jovi were, I’d love for either to become owner since it would make the Magic far more compelling beyond the 407 area code.

Endorsing one of them as an NFL owner doesn’t mean you’re anti-Bills. My guess is neither could do any worse than Ralph Wilson & Co. the past 15 years. And I understand why Bills fans are mortified over anyone who might move the team.

But as I wrote, I wasn’t speaking as a Buffalo fan. I was speaking as the average sports fan from Utah, North Carolina or Timbuktu. Call me crazy, but I think they would be more interested in the Bills if a guy like Trump or Bon Jovi were in the owner’s box.

Maybe Terry Pegula will get the team, start a second career as a famous rock star and we’ll all be happy.

Sincerely,

David Whitley

fair response. Winning is what matters most tho. People will pay attention if they will.

Anyone know or care who the Ravens owner was when the own the Super Bowl?