New sale of team thread

That actually seems to make some sense.

It very well could bc of potential liquidity problems with the TO group and the trust need to liquify in time to pay estate taxes.

Yesterday morning, before the fluctuating reports of the bid values, someone here mentioned the media manipulation that was possible and the Need of the trust and the nfl for the JBJ group to drive up the price. Everything we hear now is something someone wants us to hear - I can't imagine in something with stakes as high as this that more than a handful of people are privy to bids numbers - so any leak is more likely than not intentional.

In any event, as was said yesterday, this will happen fast (see: estate taxes, desire not to anger potentially generous pegula bidders, etc) but there is going to be at least one more "bad" day as the trust tries to drive up the price. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a BTG bid (not a bad thing) or a planted story about JBJ''s vast liquidity. If the bids really are low, or if JBJ can't cut it, it wouldn't shock me if there is a little creative but simple maneuvering to generate another local bid.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't say it Because they want this process to be done behind closed doors. The trust isn't saying anything. All we get is random pieces of info from unnamed sources. So any of this information we get should be taken with a grain boulder of salt and it should be obvious we will never get the whole story. And until the trust officially says something, nothing is official

Fixed, and well explained :)

It means to me that they threw Toronto out and the bankers want to get another bid because they don't think Trump will making a big binding bid which will deflate the eventual sale price because Pegula won't bid against himself.

Or maybe they are giving the Toronto group more time to restructure or find additional partners to increase their bid

Or maybe they are giving the Toronto group more time to restructure or find additional partners to increase their bid

Thats another strike against them in the eyes of the NFL. They are already playing from behind but now they aren't 21 points down, they are trailing by 35.

@BrentAxeMedia: FYI #BillsMafia RT @Nellvision Michael Strahan said Bon Jovi is performing at a Hall of Fame event this weekend. Interesting

how great would it be to get the entire Buffalo Bills contingent at that event to boo him out of the building

It's probably just a private event but regardless I hope there is an opportunity to be booed or atleast a face to face encounter with Andre

@JeffRussoWKBW: Media rep from HOF says he is unaware of a Bon Jovi performance this weekend from his standpoint. I guess its possible he performs private?

@JeffRussoWKBW: Media rep from HOF says he is unaware of a Bon Jovi performance this weekend from his standpoint. I guess its possible he performs private?

i'm sure Jim, Thurman, Bruce, and Andre (and friends and family) can get into any party out there.

Ha ha, those tickets will be more expensive than Super Bowl tickets. There is crazy demand in Canton this weekend for people that would love to get in front of JBJ!!

Even if it is "private" those parties aren't all that exclusive. It is like Super Bowl week. If you made 2 phone calls you can stumble upon a couple of passes. I recommend everyone there making 2 phone calls.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Even if it is "private" those parties aren't all that exclusive. It is like Super Bowl week. If you made 2 phone calls you can stumble upon a couple of passes. I recommend everyone there making 2 phone calls.

Phone call 1 would be to get into the place and phone call 2 would be to the wife for bail money