New sale of team thread

Yeah, I don't recall another situation where there were 3 people who had an almost equal stake in the team, with one having slightly more and thus being the principle owner. I'm not sure how that would fly with the other owners, but exceptions can always be made. Hopefully though, it's another strike against them in getting the team and one of which they're unaware.

There are not many off the top of my head (if any). The league used to require the majority owner to own 51% but they lowered it to 30% because of the rising franchise costs. They won't let anyone finance more than $200M either. Say the number is $1.3B for the sale price. That means that JBJ would have to contribute $330M (30% of $1.1B).

This is the primary reason why a lot of people on here we're never that concerned about his group. They wanted it (and still do) but unless they are fronted by Rogers as the controlling owner (don't think Tannebaum can be because of the Leafs) they have no chance. JBJ is only interested in being the controlling owner from most speculation (not sure if that is true but wouldn't be surprised if it were). None of this is good for their chances with the league. The NFL would MUCH rather Pegula than a partnership leveraged to their eyeballs.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I'd figure.

And with only 3 bidders, I can't see them not accepting all of them. Still curious to see if anyone else enters the fray. Although I'd have to think that once they are all accepted to the next stage, no one else can bid.

Edited by Doc

Only three bidders...Of course there will be three "finalists".

I believe they can still recieve bids till the end of August.

Its not over . But our man Pegula has them by a length at the halfway mark

well done . Kind of

a BOOM. beat that byotches

I'm a little confused by this report. Does this mean Trump is willing to outbid pegula's $1.3B bid?

No, it just means that they approved him to see the financials and then make another bid. And the $1.3B bid might be bogus.

The league and owners love the guy!! He is a guy, paying cash (no debt), for the highest priced sale in league history. Depending on what number you believe for TP's net worth he can be as high as the 2nd wealthiest owner in the league (5 on the low end). They would LOVE to have this guy in their little club.

Money talks. By bidding high there will basically be nothing but support from the owners. They get no headache from the move... No politics... No Trump. And all their franchises just gained in value. What's not to like??????

If Pegula wins then Ralph's prediction comes true: the team is sold to the highest bidder.

I'm not thrilled with Trump bring a finalist. Were all worried about Toronto but I don't trust Trump either. He is not the sort of fellow who wouldn't be happy in Buffalo when mega-riches await him elsewhere.

If Trump buys the Bills (assuming the league owners would ever approve him) the Bills will be sold again to out of town interests.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm not thrilled with Trump bring a finalist. Were all worried about Toronto but I don't trust Trump either. He is not the sort of fellow who wouldn't be happy in Buffalo when mega-riches await him elsewhere.

If Trump buys the Bills (assuming the league owners would ever approve him) the Bills will be sold again to out of town interests.

Agree 110% he would see to an La group in 7 to 10 year

agreed in theory but there's nothing to worry about there.