New sale of team thread

yea every time i open it, it wants me to login. i hit the X and it redirects to the home page. i hit "no thanks" at the bottom and it redirects to the home page. i search for the story from the home page and it opens up that login box again. is it just me?

It worked for me the second time. Google the Orlando Sentinel and Bon Jovi and it will probably come up. It may be the worst take to date on ownership.

I saw the headline and left. F that guy!

"Celebrities are no less qualified to own an NFL team than Stephen Ross, Zygi Wilf or the ancestors of Henry Ford."

I think he meant descendants. And this is a professional writer?

Ha ha, in addition to being ridiculous he is a terrible writer!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the only other serious bidder at this point is the Toronto group, I think we should all be thankful that we seem to have a potential local purchaser who is willing to overspend to buy the Bills, a small market team needing a new stadium in an area that has experienced significant population loss over the years. If Pegula wins the bidding process, I have great confidence that he will be an excellent owner, even if the Bills do not have immediate success. Compared to the alternative of the team not staying in Buffalo over the long-term, having Pegula as the new owner of the Bills would be a fantastic result for all Bills fans and Buffalo.

The thought too among some is that Pegula cares too much about things like pretty locker rooms and harbor centers and not enough about the actual team performance.

This part is a little ironic to me. In a salary cap era in sports these types of things are imperative in recruiting. One of the main things that they talk about in LeBron's decision to go back to Cleveland is that his friends and families had more access there. They were allowed back of house and had access to different clubs that they did not get in Miami. The players spend a lot of time in these facilities and their families influence their decisions as well. It is a little bit of a new school mentality but when all else is equal (or close to) where do you want to spend the next "x" number of years? I think that this is not a weakness of Pegula's but a huge strength (especially when you are not a glamour market).

yea every time i open it, it wants me to login. i hit the X and it redirects to the home page. i hit "no thanks" at the bottom and it redirects to the home page. i search for the story from the home page and it opens up that login box again. is it just me?

If you know how to work your HTML editor in your browser, search for dialog-overlay, delete that div and the Control-dialogContainer div right above it.

The thought too among some is that Pegula cares too much about things like pretty locker rooms and harbor centers and not enough about the actual team performance.

It is a very important part of the foundation in building a pro/world class organization. If you look at the facilities now where the players sit and watch film, the technologies, lounge, gym, practice, etc, and compare it to, say the Islanders'. You bet it does play in the decision on where to sign. Just look at the top NCAA Football programs' arms race to get the most cherry gym and player facilities. Its all part of his big vision, which is to make the Sabres into a multi-decade type of Detroit Redwing dynasty

One detriment the Bills likely have is a lot of players' facilities is antiquated.

One detriment the Bills likely have is a lot of players' facilities is antiquated.

Actually it is the opposite. The Bills facilities (practice, locker rooms, meeting rooms, technology) are considered some of the best in the league. The stadium on the other hand....

It worked for me the second time. Google the Orlando Sentinel and Bon Jovi and it will probably come up. It may be the worst take to date on ownership.

Ok I finally got to it by googling. I kinda wish I hadn't read that now lol. Some idiot in Orlando wants someone famous to own the Bills so he will care about them. What an idiot. They don't even have a team down there and the only sports team they do have he wants the Kardashians to buy it? What a tool. I didn't know or care about the Orlando Sentinel or that writer before reading that so maybe they should sell the newspaper to Justin Beiber and fire this hack and then maybe I will be interested

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 44s

Pegula "refuses to lose" says @bgleasonTBN http://www.buffalone...140730 … pic.twitter.com/YkXowJLpfR

Deadspin@Deadspin 4m

The bids for the Bills are in, and the team is going to sell for an NFL-record price: http://deadsp.in/fSahV6i

Only Bucky could paint a cloud over TPEGS being the owner "for better or worse"

I try to cut the media guys a little more slack than most posters here, but SERIOUSLY! does he want a team here or not? (hint: he might not have a job without an NFL team to cover).

So there is at least one reason to want JBJ to win the bid.

I find this hard to believe:

Unless the Bon Jovi group submits a bid that completely blows away Pegula's (and that's certainly possible), it's tough to see the Bills leaving Buffalo.

What's hard to believe about it? $1B is the current record from the Miami sale a few years back.

EDIT: Never mind. I see I misunderstood you.

And your Bon Jovi crack made me spit out my coffee.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

What's hard to believe about it? $1B is the current record from the Miami sale a few years back.

EDIT: Never mind. I see I misunderstood you.

And your Bon Jovi crack made me spit out my coffee.

All good. Maybe we don't need to have JBJ win. Just have Pegula buy the buffalo news and fire Bucky. That's the more likely route.

I decided to troll the author of the Orlando Sentinel column (I'm bored) while taking some of the feedback from you guys. Here is what I sent him:

After reading your Bon Jovi column I could not help but think about how little any of us in New Orleans care about the Orlando Sentinel? I wonder if I would care more if Justin Beiber was "awarded the paper from the community of newspaper owners" (because apparently that is how these sales work). I always thought that the owner sold the team to the next owner? I learned something from you today; I learned that the NFL "awards teams" to people. Thanks!!

Hopefully, if Bon Jovi wins the team the NFL will "award" them to his "ancestors" (like the Fords did) when he dies!! It is really dumb to think that a celebrity is equally qualified to run a business as a BUSINESSMAN worth billions of dollars. It is even dumber to think that the NFL "awards teams" to prospective buyers (they simply confirm ownership). It is dumbest to think that the generations that follow you are your "ancestors" and not your "descendants." When Justin Beiber buys your irrelevant newspaper I hope that he fires you for being such a hack. Other than that keep up the good work!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson