New sale of team thread

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 15s

Let's tap the brakes and remember these were non-binding bids Tuesday anyway. Best offers still to come. No player has shown its hand yet.

TRANSLATION: Pay no attention to the low rent hack Kryk.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's tap the brakes and remember these were non-binding bids Tuesday anyway. Best offers still to come. No player has shown its hand yet.

Graham's report today about the Toronto bid is the same as Kryk's yesterday.

Here's the letter I just sent to that d-bag about his ignorant journalism!

Mr. Whitley,

I assume your column is nothing more than entertainment as it has no true source of real journalism. The Buffalo Bills don't need any "spark" from outside of WNY where they belong. Please do us the favor of not spreading you anti Buffalo comments or beliefs as it undermines any credibility you do have. Terry Pegula is a self-made Billionaire that not only owns the Buffalo Sabres, but is doing an amazing job of rebuilding Buffalo from the inside out. A man of purpose and substance, unlike the "celebrity" of Jersey Jon. I'm sure you still have some real journalistic talent in you somewhere. Try focusing it on what the Buffalo Bills are, what they mean to the people and city of Buffalo. It's more than a sports team, it's an integral part of the identity and fabric of the community who's LOYALTY cannot be questioned. Ridicule us all you'd like (prob because you've not spent any considerable time there), but make no mistake the Buffalo Bills are a viable franchise in the only city it's ever called home and will be for years to come. The fans are some of the best in the league and that's saying something with the product that's been on the field the past decade+. Buffalo gets hammered for being "small market" because the NFL refuses to count the Canadian fans just on the other side of the river. How many other NFL teams would be considered "small market" if you took away 1/2 of their geographical fanbase?? Make that piece whole and you'd see the Buffalo Bills fanbase/market as one of the top 5 in the NFL. Shocking to you? Well it wouldn't be so if you did some research. Take care from sunny South Florida where there is no such loyalty because nobody is actually from there. Good day sir, and GO "BUFFALO" BILLS.

Regards,

Tim McDonell

Tim McDonell, SMSgt, USAF

Command Expeditionary Engineer Program Manager HQ AMC/A7XO

DSN: 779-0707

Comm: 1 618-229-0707

NIPR: timothy.mcdonell@us.af.mil

SIPR: timothy.mcdonell@us.af.smil.mil

Great stuff!

Graham saying same sources tell him reported TO bid is way too high.

Probably Pegula's people ;)

Some reports say TO is $1.2B, others just $1B.

What's 200 million between friends.

And truthfully I don't give a care in the world what the TO bid is, as long as it's less than El Pegual's

I honestly don't give a crap if Pegula's non-binding bid was greater than or less than the JBJ bid.

As long as it was good enough to keep him in the running and his real bid is the one that is accepted.

I meant Kyrk's story of the T.O. group being maxed out already.

Those two stories are not mutually exclusive. Kryk said "if" the reports of 1.2b are true, they could be maxed out already. If they are at what he was hearing, in fact lower, and maybe even in the 800-900m range, they would not be maxed out already and could raise their bid substantially. I have heard they cannot go much past 1.2 from an independent source. That all fits, IMO.

Pretty much. Graham had to stay relevant. How do I get more hits? Report the same thing but with a negative spin on it.

Here's the letter I just sent to that d-bag about his ignorant journalism!

Mr. Whitley,

I assume your column is nothing more than entertainment as it has no true source of real journalism. The Buffalo Bills don't need any "spark" from outside of WNY where they belong. Please do us the favor of not spreading you anti Buffalo comments or beliefs as it undermines any credibility you do have. Terry Pegula is a self-made Billionaire that not only owns the Buffalo Sabres, but is doing an amazing job of rebuilding Buffalo from the inside out. A man of purpose and substance, unlike the "celebrity" of Jersey Jon. I'm sure you still have some real journalistic talent in you somewhere. Try focusing it on what the Buffalo Bills are, what they mean to the people and city of Buffalo. It's more than a sports team, it's an integral part of the identity and fabric of the community who's LOYALTY cannot be questioned. Ridicule us all you'd like (prob because you've not spent any considerable time there), but make no mistake the Buffalo Bills are a viable franchise in the only city it's ever called home and will be for years to come. The fans are some of the best in the league and that's saying something with the product that's been on the field the past decade+. Buffalo gets hammered for being "small market" because the NFL refuses to count the Canadian fans just on the other side of the river. How many other NFL teams would be considered "small market" if you took away 1/2 of their geographical fanbase?? Make that piece whole and you'd see the Buffalo Bills fanbase/market as one of the top 5 in the NFL. Shocking to you? Well it wouldn't be so if you did some research. Take care from sunny South Florida where there is no such loyalty because nobody is actually from there. Good day sir, and GO "BUFFALO" BILLS.

Regards,

Tim McDonell

Tim McDonell, SMSgt, USAF

Command Expeditionary Engineer Program Manager HQ AMC/A7XO

DSN: 779-0707

Comm: 1 618-229-0707

NIPR: timothy.mcdonell@us.af.mil

SIPR: timothy.mcdonell@us.af.smil.mil

Out-f'in-standing! :worthy:

My favorite part about this whole Tim Graham tweet, we aren't suppose to believe the numbers that have been reported because we shouldn't know them. But he knows a guy who knows the numbers are wrong, how does this guy know(?), and therefore should believe Tim.

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 1h

LRT We aren't supposed to know the numbers. That's why you should be suspicious of anybody who reports a number.

My favorite part about this whole Tim Graham tweet, we aren't suppose to believe the numbers that have been reported because we shouldn't know them. But he knows a guy who knows the numbers are wrong, how does this guy know(?), and therefore should believe Tim.

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 1h

LRT We aren't supposed to know the numbers. That's why you should be suspicious of anybody who reports a number.

Like Kryk? meeeeow.

Didn't realize what a fanboy Pegula has been for the Bills over the years. That gives us one more reason to think he won't allow himself to be outbid. It would be amazing if one man owned the Bills & Sabres...and all this development downtown. You gotta think that Pegula has learned some tough lessons with the Sabres about building a team and the proper management. I am pumped up if all this Pegula stuff is true.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense that the bids that we've heard are way too high. I don't think Golisano would talk about submitting a bid if the numbers were what they were reported to be.

BTW, Pegula is pronounced "Peg-OO-la" right?

The more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense that the bids that we've heard are way too high. I don't think Golisano would talk about submitting a bid if the numbers were what they were reported to be.

Yes, it is.

Golisano could just be saving face. Morgan Stanley could easily just be trying to draw more bidders in. There are a lot of reasons for this jockeying and for these rumors to be put out. It's possible others will join in but my money is on the NFL and the Trust trying to get the most money out of the deal as they can before they award the team to Pegula we anoint him into sainthood.

No, it's Peg-ula. Like Dracula.... yes. It's OO. ;)